Old 03-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Do you weigh in same time/same day?

I am asking because my usual day/time is Saturday/AM. But this weekend we are going to a festival and I won't be able to get to my meeting. I found a center that has open weigh in until 5 today and I thought, "Well I will go to that, weigh in and get my materials."

The problem? I just got home from work, put my "official" weigh in clothes on and hopped on my scale. It shows a one pound increase over this morning!!!

It may sound vain, but I am thinking "Why pay to have that stamp say I weigh more than I did this morning?"

I could hit the extra early meeting tomorrow?

Do you weigh in on the same time/same day??

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I do always way in on the same day at the same time. It still varies somewhat compared to my home scale that is always first thing in the morning. By the time I get to my meeting they may have been differences in the amount of liquid i have had and if I went to the bathroom or not. I just go with it and really only count my home scale.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

I always weigh in mornings as I figure that is probably when I am at my lowest. I know our weight fluctuates throughout the day and I don't want to see a higher number. I don't blame you for not wanting to have the higher weight show. I would weigh in extra early vs later in the day. I weigh in twice a week so the day is always different.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #4  

Helen -

Thanks! My husband thinks I've "gone round the bend". But I've decided I would rather get up extra early tomorrow, weigh in, THEN come home and eat and go on to the festival.

Ha Ha: I've actually been sitting here drinking coffee thinking I could "rid" myself of some of the day's "extras" but it's not working. Now I'm just bloated, lol!

So tomorrow morning it is
Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/170/145

Height: 5'4"

I always weigh in on Sat. and then eat after. I am so weird I try to wear the same or similar clothing each time.
jackie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #6  

Oh I feel so wonderful......I'm not the only one who has "weigh-in clothes", LOL!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I do try to weigh-in within about the same one-hour span each weigh-in day. I weigh myself on Fridays... It's given me the chance to lose whatever water gain I might have from the weekend. And usually between about 1:30 & 2:30 PM. I used to find that first thing in the morning was my lowest weight, but not for some time now. I'm not sure why.

Oh, and tiniree... I also try to weigh myself in the same set of clothes, or a similar set! Someone here a long time ago mentioned that a lot of people do that.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/170/145

Height: 5'4"

I guess we all have our little things we like to do for our weigh-ins. Mine was today I stayed the same, I know I should not be disappointed but I was, oh well I hope this week is better.
jackie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #9  

Height: 4' 11.5"

I weigh in on Saturday mornings as well. Excuse the TMI, but after the bathroom and before I eat is when I get the best results. As others have mentioned, I find that I'm the lowest and (in my opinion) the most accurate during that time. Your weight will fluctuate even with a cup of water. It's always best to do your weigh-in in the mornings but if you also weigh in at the same time every week (even if it's at the end of the day), it'll still be relatively consistent week to week.

And yes, I also have weigh-in clothes!! I even take off my belt, watch, glasses, shoes, anything I can get away with. LOL
MissChocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

i weigh, naked, every morning before showering. keeps me in touch with what's going on... and i don't mind the minor flux of things. i've recently started weighing after i dress just for comparisons sake. i have a annual health check at work at the end of may and i'm trying to do the best i can between now and then. no more of those suprises
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/120????

I just started weight watchers recently an weight in every Wednesday at noon. I too have weight in clothes. I haven't noticed that there was to much of an increase in weight from morning to mid day. I actually notice that sometimes I weight a little less. Guess it depends.
mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote