3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   I love the Flex Points (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/194901-i-love-flex-points.html)

MomtoThree 02-22-2010 12:03 AM

I love the Flex Points

This is the 2nd time I have done the points. The first was when it first came out. It was hard for me to switch because I had enjoyed the plan where you got two "free" days.

I signed up for WW online this week and love the weekly allowence points. I went out to dinner tonight and it was so nice to not feel like I was cheating but to know that weekly points are there for a reason and I acutally came out with :smug:14 points left to use by Wed. night. I am not sure if I will use them but I think a Starbucks drink may call my name this week.

I know I am only in my first week and have that falling in love with the diet mentatlity right now. I will just have to see in a few months how I feel after being in the trenchs.

surfnmom 02-23-2010 07:31 PM

Carrie we think alike I already figured I would use 11 points of my weekly points for my fav Starbucks Carmel frap. Its a good thing they closed the one we had, but the road trip is not to far and well worth it. They are so filling I could easily use my daily points and make it a meal. :carrot:

MomtoThree 02-23-2010 10:47 PM

I stopped in Starbucks to bring home DH his double choclate frappacino (my way of thanking him for keeping the 5 little ones home when I shop). When I walked in Krissy asked me if I wanted my regular drinks. It was funny to be able to order for DH without ordering mine. I have to say it was nice knowing those points were there if I had wanted a drink. My favorite is a double espresso Chocolate Truffle.

Amandanrd 04-07-2010 03:22 PM

I'm in my 3rd week now and I'm also in love with the program! I haven't used all of my flex points in a week, but like having the option. Also loving the extra activity points. It gives me motivation to get moving. I'm just hoping this motivation stays!

Shytowngal 04-07-2010 03:37 PM

I use most of my flex points for alcohol. It's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner or a few beers watching the game without freaking out.

DuckyChick 04-12-2010 04:30 PM

The Flex points are the great love of my healthy lifestyle change too. I can plan a real treat, or I can be covered if I slip off plan. I think when I get smaller and my daily points target gets really low, I won't be able to do without them!

LosinitinCO 04-20-2010 11:11 AM

I have been on WW for a week, and must say having the flexibility to use those Points has made the most difference! I love the fact that if I want something I could have it. This mentality has kept me motivated and not left feeling deprived. Just the freedom of knowing I can have something, has made it even easier to say NO! It's only been one week, but this has been a huge problem for me on every other diet I have tried.

I love getting to check off my Activity Points everyday. It's like re-inforcement that I am accomplishing something! I have been using a few of my Flex Points this week, but am saving my APs! I want to keep those, I earned every single one of them :carrot:

Good luck to all!
Losing It In Colorado

mojojojo 06-09-2010 09:54 AM

I love them as well...I think I do better when I use them.
I have noticed that in weeks when I have used them, I seem to lose a little more weight.

BeTrueToYou 06-09-2010 12:04 PM

I have a question for all of you...My set points goal is 32 right now, and I am currently in my second week. I know most of the first week I lost water weight (-8lbs) and I don't weigh in until Friday. Everyday so far I have been eating when I am hungry. I have been filling myself with whole grains, fruit, some veggies and tons and tons of water. I am not much of a meat eater, but I try to get some in. I have not been denying myself anything (for the first time in my life) but in doing this I find that I am not craving the things I usually do on a diet. I know I could choose those items if I really wanted them. Sorry for the rant, but here is my question. I have only been eating about 20-25 points a day. I do not go to bed hungry, nor do I ever feel starving during the day. Will this hinder my weight loss? In the past I have made a habit of dieting by not eating, and I know what it feels like to kill my metabolism (I stupidly lost 90lbs in 4 months by eating 300cal a day and exercising a lot, obviously I gained it all back and then some). I am afraid of lowering my metabolism, but like I said I am not hungry. I also have not used any of my flex points thus far. Last Friday I ate 30 of my 32 points, and yesterday I ate 28 of them. So I am not depriving myself I don't think. Any suggestions, ideas, or comments? Thanks!

LosinitinCO 06-09-2010 03:37 PM

LunasMom,

Welcome! It's great to see you are enjoying WW and I agree, I don't crave things on WW because I know that if I truly wanted it, I could have it! What a thought!

Anyway, it looks like you have a few questions, so I can tell you what I know, hopefully others will chime in too!

1.) You MUST eat to your allotted Points every day. According to my Leader, you are not to go under your Points. WW is designed to help you lose weight at a healthy, steady pace, by eating under your Points you are not providing your body with the nutritional and caloric intake it needs to lose weight healthfully, exercise, and essentially function. I understand the not hungry feeling, but try to add some Points by using the GHGs. I found easy and healthy ways to add Points to reach my target. For example, add some olive oil or avocado to your salad, drink milk, use real cheese in your dishes. Also, make sure you are measuring and counting everything! I quickly discovered that when I measured things my Points went faster. I would guesstimate 3/4 cup cereal, and was probably eating over 1 cup, etc.

2.) If you meet your GHGs and your Points, you should not lower your metabolism (keep in mind I am not a dr ;)). Meet your Points, GHGs, and exercise and you will do great!

3.) Don't forget to use your Flex Points, they are built into the program to make it liveable! WW is a lifestyle change, and they know that there will be times when you want a piece of cake or a dinner out. These Points are here to keep your sanity! You can use none, some, or all of them. Find out what works for you!

Hope this helps! Great job so far, and keep up the good work!

Best of luck,
Losing It In Colorado

BeTrueToYou 06-09-2010 08:14 PM

Thanks! I measure everything, except grapes. I always count them as though I am eating 3 cups because chances are I am LOL. I just hate pulling them all off of the stem to put them in the cup. I will try to eat more. Have a great night!