Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #61  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

Zan, I'm trying to get on board with the whole walking thing. It's hard for me to do it solo because I get bored really easily and I'm not likely to keep up with it. Earlier this morning I ordered some New Balance walking shoes from Zappos, so I'm hoping those encourage me to get moving. At my WW meeting on Saturday our leader mentioned that we're going to be doing a 5K walk as a group sometime in June (holy cow it's going to be hot here in Houston). So, I know I need to start working up to that now. I guess they'll be providing us with a 'training' program sometime soon, but I really should start before then. I almost think a treadmill would be optimal so I can at least watch TV while I'm walking.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #62  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, there's about twenty tvs showing 10 channels at the gym. I listen to music as I march along. I figured it would look too weird to see this lady walking on a treadmill reading a paperback. The gym probably wouldn't allow it anyway. haha! And it would cut my pace in half but I would walk longer distances.

Doing it consistantly is a hard thing, Tex. I'm basically forcing myself to go sometimes, but it's just like this diet. If I can commit to a routine when it comes to food, I sure better pick up some exercise to keep it all going.

Oh and it might help when you start this to go ahead and keep track of the time, distance, speed, and how you felt during and afterwards if you can in order to chart it and use it to see where you are doing either too much or too little and also see if you can go longer and what improves.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #63  
Warning 3FC Addict

WoooHooo! I made it to my 10% ww target, 25 lbs lost!

Which also happens to be just a few pounds past the first 1/4 of the total pounds I've got to lose.

Wheehee!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #64  
Tex
Time to do this.

Wow! Congratulations!!

Beyond just being very cool, I always hear 10% mentioned in terms of when the health benefits start kicking in.... for instance, chance of heart disease decreases with just a 10% reduction in weight, etc, etc...

Major kudos to you! Keep it up!!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #65  
Warning 3FC Addict

Sure thing, Tex!

And thank you!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 183.4/146.8/130

Congrats zan!!!!!! Good for you for hitting your 10% of 25 pounds. Feels so good when you finally reach a goal doesn't it!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #67  
Warning 3FC Addict

Thanks, Nibs! It sure does!

I might slack off this week when it comes to the gym, I've got a whole list of things to do asap and not very long to get it all done by! But at least I'll make it once this week for another gym orientation. Did upper body last week, this week I'll learn how to work the lower body equipment and I'll have my list of exercises all ready to start again next week.

Still trying to make it three times a week, but I'm happy with the twice I managed last week.

How's everyone doing?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #68  
Warning 3FC Addict

Skipped my Thursday gym thing, feeling like my 'get-up-and-go' has gotten up and went without me.

I hate being anemic.

Blehhhhhh!

I'll do better next week, whether I want to or not,
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #69  
Buddha Shaped

S/C/G: 307/307/199

Height: 5'3"

I'm with you, zan. I'm dealing with a stupid hip injury that doesn't exactly STOP me from walking, but makes it really uncomfortable. That REALLY doesn't help when I'm having problems with motivation to begin with!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #70  
Warning 3FC Addict

I've surrendered to the fatigue and have written up a rain check for this week as well.
I'll be seeing an internalist, or blood-doc as I have dubbed him, for the first time on my usual WI day next week. I hope to make this anemia-thing brief and get right back on track.

What a little whiner I've become, .
At least I'm OP and my taxes are done,
haha! That sure is something!

s to you all and an extra dose of .
Old 04-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #71  
Tex
Time to do this.

Your taxes are done?? Wow. I'm a tax accountant and I still haven't done mine... Yikes!

I had a good weigh-in this past Saturday. I lost another 5.6 lbs (after a 0.4 gain the prior week), so now I'm down a little over 25 lbs. in total. I hadn't really noticed much of a difference until Sunday when I went to put on my favorite shirt and found that what was once fitted around my hips (which I liked) was now baggy. I stood there in front of the mirror for a little bit and kept looking down at my shirt wondering what had happened... it took me a few before I realized it was because I was now a little smaller in that area. Even though I know I've lost 25 lbs, it was still a little strange. But good.

Last edited by Tex; 04-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #72  
Warning 3FC Addict

Heh. I could have had mine done back in Jan when I got my w2. I've got the easy form and no extras. I'm such a slacker.

Woohooo, Tex! You are doing awesome,

I find it a bit weird everytime I decide to make a new hole in my belt. I've made three since I started WW in December, and it just seems odd.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #73  
Warning 3FC Addict

WI showed +1# on Wednesday.
Ah well, I was expecting something more like +.8 of a pound. I get a little gain every 5th WI (like clockwork - crrrrazy!), which I blame on TOM , but I subtract it from the next week's loss to keep the little + routine from bugging me and to make sure that I am still in that downward trend.

But I know one thing I need to correct. I haven't been eating my fruits and veggies like I should.

I fixed that this week by getting some grapes, cucumber, and carrots.

Anyone else finding themselves slipping on the healthy guidelines?
I need to restart my checklists. I track on one of those points calculators - and since it has been losing my daily points off and on yesterday, I figure I better get back to basics before I mentally add a few extra points the next time it does that. :eep:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #74  
Warning 3FC Addict

It has been pretty quiet in here.

Four pounds down on my weigh in yesterday, yay!
The veggies really helped.
That and my iron level went up nearly 2 points! woohoo!

But I forgot my gym bag today, I'm starting to think that was unconsciously on purpose, O.o, stupid laziness, I will fix you! haha.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Miss you,
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #75  

Height: 5'4"

Hey Zan and everyone! I really should check out more of 3FC more often. This looks like a great thread!

I've been doing the walking challenge and I really like it. It's just the thing I needed to get my butt off the couch. Even on the nights I most want to be a couch potato I feel guilty if I don't do something, so I get up and do something. Last night I walked for 45 minutes and just loved every minute of it, and I'm not really a fan of walking. Or generally, haven't been in the past, but I'm hoping to change that. I find I need to be alone with my iPod, have interesting scenery and lovely weather, and then I really like it.

On days when I can't get out for a walk I do Wii free step (wearing my pedomoter!). I bought a riser to make the step more challenging.

OK, change of topic (a lot of caffeine this morning)...I have decided I need to really switch things up and change my meeting day. I've been going on Thursdays after work but I'm moving to Saturday morning...really early-7:30. The good news is my leader does that meeting too, and I really like her. There are so many reasons for this. I allow myself a few pig out times a week...Saturday night, Monday night (date night), and after my meetings. Originally this was fine since I always had plenty of weekly points leftover, but now by the end of the week I just don't. So I started thinking this would eliminate one pigout night, and move my post weigh-in pigout to a day I normally allow a splurge anyway.

Then I started thinking of other benefits...I'm getting sick of my fellow WWers (does this happen to other people? I just can't take their quirks anymore and need new quirks), and mostly, the inconvenience of going after work, stressing about what I eat the day of the weigh-in, changes of clothes, packing up snacks after the weigh-in but before the meeting so I don't pass out from starvation.

Anyway, I am just very excited today about deciding to make these little changes! Has anyone ever switched up your meetings just to keep things fresh? I figure it can't hurt.
Closed Thread