Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 183.4/146.8/130

Congrats zanheltangia!!!!! Congrats on meeting your halfway goal!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #47  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Thank you, Nibs15,
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #48  
Warning 3FC Addict

Well, after going a little crazy last monday (I walked and biked a combined 4 miles, felt great at the time but I paid for it as my legs ached for the next three days), I am heading back to the gym tonight.

And strangely enough, I don't think I've learned my lesson!

Let's see if I can make it twice this week.

*waves* How is everyone doing? 3FC has been a little quiet in the WW section.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #49  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

I am still here...thought I'd left, didn't you all...but now I'm back again! We have been dealing with after school stuff, work stuff,...family stuff, and honestly I just haven't made the time to check in here. Sorry...

Okay, lost a few more...it's TOM right now, so we'll see what the scale says when that monthly dilema is over with. Had some bad cravings, and a few family events, so I haven't been good about logging points. Promise to finish the week with all food posted! Scout's honor! I need to update my signature...that's good at least. 7 weeks 1 day till Disney World...still got some work to do.

How is everyone else doing? Zan - Congrats on the halfway mark!!! WoooHoooo! Tex - You still around?...hope you are seeing some lower scale numbers, too.

Hugs to everyone! Write soon!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 03-24-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #50  
Warning 3FC Addict

Ah, the last minute pre-vacation to-do list. That can be stressful.
Sounds like you had a minor bump in the road, boatingmommy, but I'm happy to hear that you are jumping right back on track.

I'm hitting the gym tonight, that's twice this week. I'm working my way up to after every work day (5x a week). Here's hoping that I don't over do it again tonight .

TOM's not stopping me tonight, haha.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #51  

Zanheltangia - What excercises are you doing? I need to find something that will tighten up some of the wobbley bits (as Bridget Jones would say). I'm talking about the areas that seem flabby since losing the weight...it's like I'm shrinking, but the skin isn't. YIKES! Thinking gym equipment might be necessary...we'll see.

Had my Bran and raisins and glass of milk for breakfast. Need to plan the rest of the day so I don't screw up.

Have a great Thurs.!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #52  
Warning 3FC Addict

Ah, well. So far I've only used the treadmill and exercise bike. Both something I have used in the past. I've got to get the 'getting started' orientation from my gym before I want to mess with the other equipment. I plan on doing that soon, but so far I've been focusing on cardio as I've got a lot to lose and my knees already get enough with the bike after 15 minutes (I pushed myself to 30 minutes that first time I went, that and a light jog, had not been a good idea as my knees & legs ached horribly the three days after, so I am going slower now).

I'm so new to this, so I am definitely not the one to give good exercise suggestions...

I am glad that there is a whole section on fitness here on 3fc, that's where I plan to do my research and ask for tips.

Maybe that'll help you?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #53  

Yes, I'll check there.

Definitely be kind to your knees. It's so easy to screw something up by trying something your body is not ready for. I've done that in the past, gotten hurt and totally derailed my possibilities for success.

Going to try and get my workout in at lunch today. It got cold here again, so I guess I'll put a video in instead of getting out in the cold air. Maybe a little Turbo Cardio Party...

Everyone have a great Friday!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #54  
Warning 3FC Addict

Well, I went to the first orientation at the gym, learned a little.

She had me use the ab machine as part of it, and man oh man, I am glad I only had to do 15 each
(hips flat legs resting on a bar, hips flat legs up in the air, hips twisted to the right, and then hips twisted to the left).

I felt that!

haha! I'll be back on it next week, that's for sure.

Well, Happy Friday, everyone
I could sure use the break,
Old 03-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #55  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

Wow Zan, you've really been getting serious about exercise. Congrats! I need to borrow some of your motivation! I went to the doctor yesterday and the way he put it was that in order to successfully lose weight, I needed to 'get religion' about exercising. This is so true and it sounds like you're well on your way!

I'm feeling fantastic about Weight Watchers today. I feel pretty good about it most days, but today I weighed in and found I had lost a total of 20 lbs. The last two weeks were a little rough (+0.4 and then -1.0), but today it all caught up and I had lost 6.8 lbs this week. I was hoping to make it to 15, but I skipped right over it to 20.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 183.4/146.8/130

Congrats Tex!!!! 20 pounds is great and even greater that you went over your goal of 15 to get there!!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #57  
Warning 3FC Addict

Wooohooo, Tex! That is awesome!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #58  

Wow Tex - 20 lbs....that's awesome. That's 4 5lb bags of potatos!!! Isn't that wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Dreading the Easter festivities this next weekend and we are heading out for our first camping trip of the year. Making a grocery list of good things to pack in the camper. Lots of fruit and bags of lettuce. Chicken breasts for me instead of the Brats. Packing just a 12 pack of the Select 55...gotta save up my points so I can enjoy a few around the fire.

Hoping the Easter Bunny doesn't leave any chocolate lying around...don't need the temptation!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #59  
Warning 3FC Addict

My boss just went around offering a piece of Dove Dark Chocolate to the whole office. I took one just like everyone else, but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat it! It'll be tossed where it won't be found later.

1 pt for that tiny little thing, bah! I might have ate it if it was milk chocolate, but even that would have been be iffy. I've got a nice 2 pt biscotti at home that's more satisfying to the chocolate cravings than that itty bitty thing,

Has anyone else fought off temptation with a point friendlier item this month?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #60  
Warning 3FC Addict

Well, since I've used the ab thing I've found myself walking less. Only walked a bit more than a mile last night for about an hour. I think I'm slacking.

I've got another gym orientation thing Thursday. This'll be interesting.

I've always been a walker, Tex. I walked back and forth to middle/high school and a lot between classes. (Heck, I'd read a book on my way home as I walked, ha!) And I walked ponies for a guy who did birthday parties so I lifted quite a few kids and walked near constantly guiding a rather strong pony. That was only about 6 years ago, so getting moving by walking on the treadmill isn't a problem for me. I'm just surprised that I managed through the ab machine! What I really need to work on is my upper body. Sure my fingers get a workout just about daily at a keyboard, but I'm not lifting and moving around heavy bakery items or children anymore!

Ya just got to find something you are actually willing to do. I was willing to walk and that basically put my foot in the door for the rest of what I am going to do now.
Closed Thread