Old 08-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #1  
19Deltawifey

Default Question about activity points

Im sorry if this question is asked 1 million+ times. I signed up again for WW about 2 months ago. I noticed something totally different which was that when I add in my activity points instead of the tracker taking the extra food I eat from my acitivity points it takes the points away from my WPA. In the past when I was doing WW online it took my extra points from my AP that I earned earlier in the day. I workout 4-5 times a week doing intense cardio and keeping my heart rate around 150-170 bpm. I also go to a personal trainer once a week. I lift weights twice a week.

Well I guess what Im not liking is that after doing hard cardio and exercising 5 days a week I can't eat as that much food even though I feel like my muscles need the extra energy and food. I have cut back to working out 5 days a week now Im struggling to workout 4 days a week since I don't have the energy from the lack of food after I kick my butt at the gym. I was wondering what other people do, who do intense cardio 3+ times a week.

I thought that if you worked out you got extra points to eat since you need to refuel, but I feel like Im starving myself after I workout by trying to stay with my daily points allowance

Last edited by 19Deltawifey; 08-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/215/128

Height: 5'4

I'm not sure about doing the online tracking but I know that you need to be eating more if your working out like that and feeling like you need to eat more, because you do. your weight loss will slow if your working out too much and not eating enouph. my leader says that WW only recommends earning 4 AP per day and anything over that you HAVE to eat those points. maybe try tracking in your own journal.
owensmommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Your AP are there to use how you see fit. Some people eat all their APs and ALL their WPs. Others choose a combo. And others don't touch any.

This is going to come down to what you want to do, and your previous experience. I would eat like I see fit, and perhaps if the online tracker doesn't accommodate, try just paper tracking for total points and take them from where what works for you...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  
19Deltawifey

Thanks for the replies. My weight loss has slowed dramatically because I wasn't eating enough. But I googled AP and found that online you don't have to use your AP the same day you earn them. And instead of the extra food you eat going towards the AP you earned that day. The AP are banked for use after you finish all of your WPA. Sorry if Im not explaining it well but I guess now I will use more of my WPA and then once those are gone it will tap into my AP that I earned. Thanks everyone
Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyjordon2002 View Post
But I googled AP and found that online you don't have to use your AP the same day you earn them. And instead of the extra food you eat going towards the AP you earned that day. The AP are banked for use after you finish all of your WPA.
i was always told that we can't bank AP's. we have to use them the same day we earn them. the weekly points are supposed to be the flexible points to use as we want.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/200/140

Height: 5' 3"

I just started back with WW, and got my Week 2 book yesterday. The book states that APs can roll over day to day within the same week, but not week to week. In essence it is like adding points to your 35 WPs.

Like carlyjorden2002 I noticed that my APs were not deducted until I used all of my 35 WPs using the online tracker. I do remember in the past that AP's had to be used the day you earned them, but I guess they changed it.
Lucky Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

The program HAS changed -- it USED to be that APs had to be used the same day. As of 2009, APs can be banked but can't roll over from week to week...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/197.2/175

Height: 5'9"

Kiramira is correct. You used to have to eat your AP's the day you earned them, but now they are there for the week just like your WPA's. So now it doesn't matter where you pull your extra points from if you go over for the day. They're all pretty much coming from the same place.
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #9  
Size 10

S/C/G: 171\157\132

Height: 5'1"

Makes sense because if you exercise in the late afternoon or evening you would have such a short time to eat your APs. Otherwise you would have to plan out how many you want to burn which could also be difficult. I think the banking APs is a good change.
tigarlily1 is offline   Reply With Quote