Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/150/132

Height: 5'2"

Default Using those extra points.....

I joined WW online and was kind of like "Aaa!!" when I saw the number of points I got....24.....that translates to roughly 1200 calories a day, right? I know that is not enough for me personally, at my current big bloated weight of 150 I could easily eat more than 2x that and not gain weight....

I noticed that we get extra points throughout the week....is it cool for me to just add five points each day to my plan and use them that way? I'd much rather do that than save up for "something special." Plus activity points??? What to do with those, seeing as you use all of your "extra" points before the activity ones? How do you plan accordingly

Also....0 points foods like those soups....how do those factor in to your day? Am I over-counting my points? I have 18 more pounds to loose and I'm not really concerned about speed, I'd rather "retrain myself" to eat proper portions each day and loose .5lb or a 1lb a week than eat to little, drop it fast and gain it back.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by NinaMarie; 08-21-2009 at 04:19 AM.
NinaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

I am not an expert at all, I track online, never have been to a meeting or anything.

I started with 24 points and now get 22, I don't regularly use my flex points, every once in a while a pull out a couple if I am splurging on something.

I thought that one point equals 50 calories, but that is not correct for me. I track my food on "daily plate" and WW (I want to see the other nutrional breakdown). For this week, each point has been in the range of 55-65 points.

The advice I have seen here is, try rationing the flex for the week, if you don't lose, stop using them.

Activity points, I rarely track, never use, but that is just me.

0 point foods, if you eat 2 portions of the soup and stuff, check on the calculator to see how many points 2 servings is. Things are 0 points if they can round them down, but when you double the numbers, sometimes you get charged a point or two. I read once that you should limit to five, 0 point items a day.

Good luck, I am sure you will find great support here.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

the 35 extra points for the week are to be used however you see fit. You can use them all, just some, or none. You can use them on one day or spread them out 5 a day. If you use all of you 24 points plus all of you extra points then you move on to use your activity points if you have them. But remember activity points do not roll-over. However many activity points you earn that day is how many you have to use that day. If you don't use them, you'll probably get a bigger loss, but you want to make sure you're not going hungry.
As far as 0 point foods, these are a great tool for filling up. But do be careful, not al 0 point foods stay 0 points. You should always re-calculate points when eating more than one serving. 0+0 sometimes equals 1, and 1+1 at times can equal 3. If you eat 2 servings you are consuming twice the calories which may put you up an extra point

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-21-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/197.2/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
But remember activity points do not roll-over.
Actually, Activity Points do roll over. As of 2009, WW changed just a bit. You can bank your AP's for the week now, just like your WPA's. They don't roll over from week to week, but they are good for that week.
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #5  

I eat every point WW gives me! The points are there for you to use however you choose, so if adding 5 each day works for you, go for it!

I like to vary my points somewhat, though, just because it helps to keep my body guessing - target one day, target + 5 on another, target +10 on another, and so on. Kind of like points cycling or the "Wendie Plan", but I don't use specific numbers on specific days. I just stay flexible with it and let my body and hunger make the decision.

My personal philosophy with points is very similar to a calorie counting midset - the more calories (points) I can eat while still losing weight, the more calories (points) will be available to me come maintenance. If I lose all my weight on lower points than necessary, I may get to goal faster - but I'll have less wiggle-room when it comes to how much I can eat while still maintaining my loss. Make sense?
SueSays is offline   Reply With Quote