Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

Default Starting Again???!!

I am back to try weight watchers again. I have always had a problem doing everything at the same time- food and exercise- but since the end of June I have been averaging 5 days a week at the gym with a combination of weights and cardio and working with a trainer. It is amazing the difference I see in my body in terms of seeing some muscle and tightness, my "wings" are almost gone. The down part of that is the scale has not really moved, at all. I have not worked the food part in, but today I am ready to try to fix that.
I just had my sons birthday extravaganza this weekend and this are settling into a routine, so I am ready to give it a go!
Money is a little tight right now so I am thinking I will start at home. It has been about 2 years since I last went to a meeting so I think things have changed a bit. I still have all my info from last time, but what has changed, any help would be great!
Thanks for reading.
cookingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #2  

Default Me too!

I'm planning to try WW on my own again as well...I've probably joined a zillion different times in the past two years! I don't think it's changed much from the fundamentals (counting points, etc.) - they are doing the Momentum program now (which still counts points) which focuses on "filling foods" (like veggies, whole grains, etc.). It's good information, but I know you can do it with the info you already have. For me, it's just a matter of motivating myself to actually do it, and then making myself accountable to someone - I have a friend who is willing to let me "weigh in" with her, so I'm hoping that will nudge me into sticking with the plan! Good luck, and if you want an online accountability partner, I'd love to do it!
twinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

That sounds great Twinmomma- I have been trying to get back into the habit of journaling and for me that is always key- so why is it so difficult for me to write it down? probably because I would rather eat whatever I want!! I feel really good about my workouts, I have muscles, something I don't think I have ever had, and if I could lose the weight I think there is one toned woman in here!!
How can we become online partners??
Sharon
cookingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

I am back on for the third time myself - I had medical issues that in part played into weight gain, but the other part was my own issues, now I am back and this first week I lost 5.5 lbs. so just keep going ladies..
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

The new plan is basically like twinmomma said. Still counting points. Still have those 35 WPA's. Still retake the quiz at each decade of weight loss. One of the things that changed is that the ghg's they now added in whole grains and also it use to be that only water counted towards your water now it's any liquid.

I can also be an online partner if interested. I am thinking about finding someone who would want to email daily. I was thinking about email daily menu plans and exercise for the previous day. I mean who wants to email their buddy something horrible on their menu plan?? Anyone interested ?
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #6  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Beth I am totally willing to email daily.
I really need that accountability.
Let me know if you're interested.

Ash

P.S. I have a blog with recipes that have points on it.
www.thedish2009.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ASH0424; 10-13-2009 at 09:33 AM.
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/181/135

Height: 5"5'

Hi everyone!! I did Weight Watchers 8 years ago and got to a SMOKIN' size 6!!! Then, I lost control and was not accountable to anyone. I have tried SEVERAL times to do it again because I KNOW it works! I struggle with journaling. Why? I have no idea! I would be interested in online friends for accountability if anyone is interested. I caught a side view of myself sitting in a chair today and about cried!! I need to do something!!
calla lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Please count me in for this! I've been trying to get it together and decided that today is going to be the first day to get myself on the right path. I need accountability also, but can't afford or have time to attend meetings or do WW online. I check out this website almost every day, so if you will have me, I'd love to be on this thread!
mattraces5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am also restarting weight watchers after so many times. I need all the support I can get. I would also love an online partner or joining an email group. If anyone is interested in doing a group email for support pm me your email and I will send it out. I think it would be great for us restarters to get support for each other.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 262.4/see ticker/159

Hi ladies I'd defininitely be up to the online buddy thing, I'm just into my 4th week back into WW (this is my 2nd time doing it) and I'm finding it hard because I do end up cheating myself and just eating really random stuff that I shouldn't be! (
so I lost my first 2 wks but then gained my 3rd, I was crushed! I just hope to be able to get back into it and really start tracking what I'm ACTUALLY eating...
Good luck to all of you and I hope to become your online buddy!
- Julie
evolve1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #11  

Default Me too please!

Hi everyone! I am ready to start back on WW again, this will be my 2nd time. I REALLY need help with the accountability aspect & want to try it at home... If i can be successful without the extra expense of meeting/online that would be great. I would also love the friendships and support! Please count me in on the online buddy system...will we be matched one to one, or as a big group thing? I think a one to one will work best for me if anyone is interested! thanks and good luck to everyone! We can do it!
nikki973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #12  
tonya

S/C/G: 228.5/228.5/140

Height: 5'5

I have been lurking here for a long time and finally got my nerve up to start posting I am also starting weight watchers again and I hope this will help count me in on the online buddy system
innerthinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #13  

Hi! Okay, so we're all ready to do it, and we want to be accountable to someone...how is it going to work? I need a "buddy" that I can email (almost) daily with menu, points, exercise etc. Will someone volunteer an email address for me? My email is in my profile, if someone wants to reach out privately. I'll tell you a little about myself... I am 36, mother of 2 (DD 15 & DS 5) I am a nurse, going through a divorce, buying my first house (yes, a little stress LOL) and I LOVE to eat! I have about 60 pounds to lose. I am a great listener and motivater...looking for the same in a weight loss buddy! I used to work out all the time, but it's definitly taken a back seat for the last year...so I'm anxious to start again! I hope to hear from someone so we can get to know each other!
nikki973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/181.8/145

Default Me Too!

I too am starting again. I lost all the weight a few years ago but here I am again. Never really exercised last time and really hate the gym. Now I that I have a Wii, I love doing the Wii Active and the Dance and in the summer we do lots of walking. Too cold to walk outside here in the winter. I work at a multi sports-plex, and would like to say that it is my biggest downfall since I work in foodservices but I don't really eat any of the deep fried foods, I would have to say my biggest downfall would have to be that I am exhausted by the time I get home and eat everything and anything until bedtime. How about everyone else....what would you say is your biggest downfall?
kareberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

I will give each one of the WW'ers here all the support and motivation I can. My biggest downfall in the past has been is keeping with it. I get to a certain point every time and then I get side-tracked, lose control and then have to start all over again. I think this year will be different because I am already past the point where I usually quit. This year will be different for all of us.
janann is offline   Reply With Quote