Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/223/150

Height: 5'2''

Talking WW Newbie

Hey everyone, I just joined weight watchers online this week. I previously lost weight and used 3FC for support and am glad to be back! I have never done weight watchers before, but it just seems to make sense to me. The only way I have ever been truly successful losing weight is watching what I eat, calorie wise and exercise. Weight watchers seems to fit that exactly. So I just wanted to say hello to everyone and see if anyone has any tips or suggestions for getting started on the program.
ManDy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there, and welcome!!!
Tips? MAN I got alot, but here are my top 5:
1. WRITE IT DOWN. Write EVERYTHING down that you drink or eat. Right when you do it.
2. PLAN your food intake.
3. WEIGH AND MEASURE EVERYTHING. Eyeballing it can be SO inaccurate. This is super important.
4. STICK TO YOUR DAILY POINTS. Don't go under! Don't go over!
5. Just for the first bit, eat only 20 Flex Points a week. The left-over 15 will help account for unintended overages which are bound to happen in the first weeks, til you get used to the eating program.

Glad to have you aboard!

OH, and get used to the food program first. Exercise can be added in later. And gradually add your exercise points (I only use 2 a day), cause you gotta figure out how YOU lose weight with the daily and some of the flex points. AFTER you understand this, you can add/subtrack flex and exercise points as required. (When I started, I ate ALL my points, ALL my Flex points, ALL my exercise points and GAINED!!! Now THAT was discouraging! I cut back to the above, and figured out my personal points tolerance level...)

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-13-2009 at 05:25 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Don't forget treats, whether it is the much-coveted brownie you have been saving points for or an iced coffee that you look forward to every day at lunch. Right now mine is a bowl of fruit before bed, so I am doing good.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #4  

Thanks! Great tips, I really appreciate it
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #5  

So, I weighed in from my first week and .... drum roll please... I lost 3 lbs!!! Yay, I'm really excited, just the motivation I needed to stick with it.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Whoo hoo!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #7  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Is it just me, or is seeing that 3 pound loss almost as intoxicating as...say...eating that brownie you shouldn't have? I have been getting my "fix" the past few weeks just by watching the scale move and it is the motivation NOT to reach for that item that I don't need. Good for you on the three pounds!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote