Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Default Another newbie!

Hello all! I'm Michelle, I'm 36 married mom to a 5 and 8 year old and I'm joining WW (again but this time I joined WW online) after success on a different program.

I have been on Nutrisystem for almost 6 months, lost 61 lbs and need to keep the momentum going! NS was supposed to be a jumping board for me...a kick start that last 6 months instead! LOL! BUT since I was seeing success I just kept with it. We're going on vacation in a month and I thought since I'm not bringing my NS food with there's no time like the present to learn how to keep myself healthy and loosing weight. I figured WW teaches you how to live not only now to lose weight but for the rest of my life too and perhaps in a months time I'll have the basics down and eating on vacation will be alot easier for me.

I have to say I'm pretty nervous! NS was such a calorie restricted diet (approx 1200 calories a day I believe) and WW says I should be eating 32 points a day. It seems really high to me and I'm afraid I'm going to be stalling my current weight loss. I think yesterday I ate 29 points and that was eating more than I was acustomed to on NS...it's alot of food!!

Anyways, I'm surfing the WW side of things and learning everything I can from you ladies (and gents!) and will be here to give as well as recieve support! Thanks ahead of time for all you have to offer! I'm hoping this will be a good way to continue my weight loss journey in a realistic and healthy manner.
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

to 3FC Weight Watchers forum, Michelle! Way to go, for your success so far. We will help you continue your loss.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203.8/190.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!! You're doing awesome, don't lose that motivation! I am also on WW and I love it! But I can see it being an adjustment from NS. Keep it up and we're always here
Mandylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Yes, !!
I'm not too familiar with NS.. it seems like you lost weight rapidly. Which is good, and bad. When you lose weight very quickly, it is very hard to maintain.
The nice thing about WW is that it teaches you to lose weight, a little slower at times, but with keeping the healthy side of things in mind. Getting exercise also helps too, which WW is big on with the Activity points. It also sets you up for a good maintenance foundation!
You may start losing weight, but not as quickly as before. Your body does need to adjust to these losses.
Keep up the good work, and you'll get to your goal, one step at a time.
Where are you going on vacation? Just remember to enjoy yourself still.
I always encourage enjoying the weightloss journey. Don't make it hard for yourself, because then it will be harder to maintain once you get there. Eat what you enjoy, but learn to be healthier about it and hold yourself accountable!
keep it up!!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your success so far!
Welcome to ww! Looking forward to hearing about your losses!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the welcome! We're going to Florida/Disney..can't wait!

The weight has come off fast it seems (in the sense that time has flown by) but in reality...with the exception of the beginning and just recently (after my stall) it has been approx 2lbs a week so I think that's par for the course. I think it's come off so easily because I was as heavy as I was...I suspect the next half of my journey will be much slower. Dang.

My hubby pointed out that NS food is fortified with extra protein and fibre to keep you full longer on less calories so with WW it looks like I'm going to have to pay close attention to those filling foods and eat more of them to consume my points.

So far I've used 14 points, have 18 left and haven't had dinner or my evening snack. My dinner tonight should be around 10 points leaving 8 for the snack. I suspect I'll be 4-5 points under my allowance. Do you think that will be a problem?

I should add that I'm very excited because I cooked my first WW recipe today AND it tastes great!! I made it early so my hubby could take some to work (he's on nights) and I will enjoy my barley and asparagus "risotto" tonight!! If you haven't tried it...it's yummo!! Perhaps I'll go share that on the recipe forum!!

Thanks again!!

Mich
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #7  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

:Welcome: !!!!!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! The great thing about WW is that you are eating so much food you never feel like you are on a diet. I didn't start eating at my points till I got to have 31-30 points. Sometimes it is hard depending on what I am snacking on and fix for dinner. I love WW. I think it's the best thing. You can eat fries if you want as long as you have the points. It teaches HEALTHY weight loss and encourages exercise. The support is amazing.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm new to WW too! I really like it so far but I also feel like I'm eating a lot of food! I eat almost constantly it feels like, but 'good foods'. I've been eating a lot of veggies and fruits, which were two things that I wouldn't even buy before. I feel so much better already, and I'm excited to watch the scale slide down!!!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome Michelle! You're loss so far has been awesome, congratulations!!! I've been on WW for a little over a month, and it is the easiest thing I've found to lose weight that doesn't make me crazy. As far as the calorie count on NS vs WW, each WW point is approximately 50 calories so you're not far off.
Keep up the good work and we'll be here when you need us!

Have fun in Disney...my nephew is Tigger!
~Nikki

Last edited by pflughzy; 03-16-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: misspelling
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote