Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Default Was not impressed with WW website

I signed up yesterday and spent most of the day checking it out and learning the plan. The food tracker was pretty neat, but you would think they would have there frozen foods in it, so you could point and click to add. Nope I am guessing I would have to add it in. I mean in my opinion I was not impressed. I am not sure if I will keep it after my 7 day free trial. Maybe I am missing something on it.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Ummm...the frozen Smart Ones are on there If you can't find it just plug in the points...it saves time instead of looking all over for a food you can't find.

I dunno what you were expecting it to do???
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Wow, she was just expressing an opinion.
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I don't think I said anything harsh....she's free to say her opinion as I am.

I think the OP needed to vent some frustration but I have no idea if she is attending meetings or what to help steer her in the right direction, ya know?

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 12-30-2008 at 02:12 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #5  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I have found adding things to my favorites bar to be a life saver!
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

If you look at the top of the Points Tracker it says find. I just type in the food I'm looking for. I have not had a problem finding the frozen foods I eat, but it may be that I eat pretty plain foods. It even lists some brands but not all. I usually try to find foods that are similar since I use store brands most of the time and then like Onlywomaninthehouse does I put those in the favorites bar. It's true it doesn't seem to have all foods listed like the books do and I have to add those in each day.

I don't go to meetings and I usually only use WW here on 3fc, but I joined WW online when the new Momentum Plan came out. I do WW at Home like a lot of us do because my DH and I are on Social Security and I can't afford the meeting. If you joined online website and have access to the Community on the WW online, you might find help by reading messages on the Momentum thread. I also learn a lot by reading threads here at 3FC. I have found that most of the people on 3FC WW are very friendly and helpful as well. I hope this helps you. There is a thread here at 3FC for WW at Home. I haven't been there for a long time, but I am sure they would be of help to you.

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

I really like the ww online but I do a lot of my own cooking...the recipe builder is really great for that.

In any case, just use what works and have patience...this process takes time. This website has been really helpful to me....even when I am often just a lurker.

Good luck on your journey!
-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

It may not be for everyone! But like Tanee said, the SmartOnes are there though they may be tricky to find. Alternately since the points value is on the box you can just plug that into the quick tracker part. I occasionally look at the website and think of all the things it isn't, but it also is very helpful in other respects. But don't feel obligated to use it if it isn't what will work for you!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Not all Smart Ones nor all of the Weight Watchers food is in there but it is easy to find if you type WEIGHT WATCHERS or SMART ONES in the points finder and click it brings up a list of all of them.

But ALWAYS check the nutritional info because many times the points tracker is off because it is not updated as much as the nutritional info on the boxes.

Additionally it's just as easy to take the nutritional info and use the PointsCalculator right there and get the points and click ADD TO TRACKER.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
It may not be for everyone! But don't feel obligated to use it if it isn't what will work for you!
I agree. We are all different but we are working toward the same goal. One thing I like WW is that I can make it fit my lifestyle and my personality. When I joined the online website years ago, I didn't like the Food tracker. This time around I am totally enjoying being able to keep up with things on the tracker. Use what works for you and and fitting it into your lifestyle, etc you will be more likely to succeed. I've known people who have made goal and maintained and that is what they do. I have a niece and friends who likes journaling on paper. My niece's husband likes doing it online. I like doing both. I track on paper and transfer to online tracker. So I would suggest you find what works for you personally.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote