Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I LOVE the set points thing. I always felt like I was spending too much time weighing stuff out. Now I can just eat as much fruit as I want in one sitting & count it as 2 & not stress about it. I mean, let's face it I didn't get to this weight by binge eating fruit
When I read this the first thing I thought of is when a patient comes in with a mangled set of eyewear, and say that it was like that when they openned the case.

Mmm-hmmm.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I was surprised at how this thread has been so busy. I am starting my 3rd week on Momentum and still loving it. It worked out great for me through the holiday. I counted all my points stressing more of the Simply Filling foods on most days except for on Christmas day when I ate what I wanted but still counted and measured even then. I got right back OP the day after Christmas. I ended the week yesterday having used all my WPA and a few of my AP which I don't always use. As I said I did watch portions and pt counts on everything I ate on Christmas day. Today was my WI day and I was thrilled to find that I had gained only .5 lb. I am very excited about how this new program is working for me. I don't think my WI would have been that good for me without this new plan.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

I am new to this forum. I just saw that WW is offering the Momentum program. How different is it from the original program? Do you find it easier and more satisfying hunger wise?

My husband and I have just started doing WW again. I am determined to do it this time and make it work. It's great having the privilege to share with other who are going through the same struggles as we are.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:19 AM   #19  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I LOVE the set points thing. I always felt like I was spending too much time weighing stuff out. Now I can just eat as much fruit as I want in one sitting & count it as 2 & not stress about it. I mean, let's face it I didn't get to this weight by binge eating fruit
Actually this is how a couple leaders are explaining SetPoints and it's really intended for everyday use.

"Kelly, here's what we have in our information:

"SetPOINTS values allow members some flexibility in eating situations while still maintaining control. Members will be able to put into practice the skill of listening to their body signals combined with the structure of the POINTS Weight-Loss System. Research with this new feature indicated that members found it most useful in eating situations where they didn’t want to feel like they were on a diet, such as eating out in a restaurant with friends. Or, being able to eat as many strawberries as they like until satisfied, as a snack."

I interpret that to mean that while "stressful" situations usually occur outside the home, they can occur at the home too if you are entertaining, for example, and don't want to be seen weighing and measuring."

and

"There is going to be some 'different' points of view on SetPoints....this is from the leaders manual and doesn't help 'solve' it:

Are you able to use the SetPOINTS value feature for grains, starchy vegetables, protein and fruit in one day?

You can use the feature as much or as little as you want to as long as you stick to your daily POINTS Target (including your weekly POINTS Allowance if you desire to use it) for the day. For example, you could use the feature for fruit at breakfast, some pasta for lunch, and some grilled chicken for dinner. Keep in mind however, that you always have the choice to count the regular POINTS values for a food instead of counting the SetPOINTS value."

Additionally online and in the books it is all explained under DINING OUT or AWAY FROM HOME sections....but that doesn't mean you can't. My leader is stressing it for situations for dining away from home or when you have people over and you don't want to weight and measure like at a dinner party.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 12-30-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #20  
Learning to love ME!

I just started on the Momentum plan on Saturday, after I had sworn off WW a few years ago after many attempts. I was drawn back because the new plan seemed to address the issues that made Flex/Core not work for me: 1-The over-reliance on processed foods on Flex (I know it didn't have to be this way, but that's how it always ended up for me), 2-the limited food list for Core (I hate FF cheese!!!!) and the fact that you were locked into Core for a whole week, 3-no realistic way (for me) to eat out (I can't wait to learn to use Setpoints).

So here I am, on day 4 and I'm eating REAL food, tons of fruits and veggies, and I'm feeling pretty good about things. I'm hopeful that this is a realistic plan for the long-haul.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Kelly, thanks for posting the info on Setpoints. I had missed or misunderstood this part of the program. I went back to the WW website and printed out the info. I got my new books that I ordered and had been asking my sister and niece who attend meetings what the extra numbers in parenthesis was for on certain food. I still have no answer, but assume with what I read that those are the setpoints. That is important info in working the new program. This is one of the neat things about WW on 3FC is that we learn so much from each other. Thanks again.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #22  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

OK, I am really confused... I was on Core... but that was so 08! now it seems that I have to join online since there are no meetings where I live. Can anyone msg me and give me the bottom line until I get myself sorted out?
Thanks and Happy New Year to ALL!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Until you get yourself sorted out, keep doing what you are doing The basics are that now we are one one plan, Momentum, which has us count points in the same way but focus on the foods previously labeled as Core. That should get you far enough to figure out how to get official info
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #24  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you are online go though all the info under YOUR PLAN at the WW website. It has it all there and Core is still around (with a few minor changes) called SIMPLY FILLING.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #25  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

So now there is something called "Simply Filling" and somthing else called "Momentum?"
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #26  
Cowboy Up Chick

No the new W/W plan is called Momentum however there is an arm so to speak called Simply Filling which is basically Core. Momentum is points geared toward eating filling foods (basically Core foods).
Old 01-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Default Couple of Questions

I have a couple of questions on this new program if someone would be
kind enough to answer. 1- can you continue counting points the old way?
When I read counting set points and eating till satisfied I knew that would
not work for me. My body can't tell when it's satisfied. 2- is there still a
list of foods you can eat without counting points value's at all? These were
foods I tended not to have binge problems with and could use that feature.
I understand at least part of the reason for the new program is for you to
spend your points on a healthy diet. There was a place on the food points
count to mark off getting in 2 - 3 servings of dairy, 5-6 vegtables and fruit,
and recomendations for other healthy eating. I can't believe anyone would
have thought you could spend all your points on junk type food and as long
as you stayed in your points range that would be OK. I do a home kit version
and just trying to see if the program change is enough to warrent buying
a new kit. I really don't like the idea of eating till satisfied and counting only
say 2 points. That would be like a open invitation to me to stuff myself.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #28  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMovingWoman View Post
1- can you continue counting points the old way? When I read counting set points and eating till satisfied I knew that would not work for me. My body can't tell when it's satisfied.
Nothing has changed in this sense at all. You still have a daily point total to reach, you still have weekly points and you still earn activity points and can eat up to a maximum of that. They just want you to concentrate on filling foods (ie, Core foods). The other change is the fact that you can now bank activity points until the end of the week and they aren't used until all your weekly are used <--this is online tracking only; been told that meeting goers still have the option of this or doing activity on day earn-->

Quote:
2- is there still a list of foods you can eat without counting points value's at all?
You still have the freebies (sugar free jello and fat free cool whip and things like that) that for a serving or even two may not have point and yes the free veggies are there. Those were the only free or zero point things before and they are still there.

Quote:
I really don't like the idea of eating till satisfied and counting only say 2 points.
I'm not sure where you got this unless you are talking about SetPoints which is a tool to use in certain situations. It's not a use all thing. Or if you are talking about the Simply Filling tool which is like Core.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 01-04-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

So it seems, that the changes are just in the "name"?
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the info Kelly
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote