Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default I am back guys!!!!

Well it has been quite a while since I have been online. I am so glad to be back. I guess I will give the overview and then read "Flex Talk 16" to catch up and respond.

So I have had a hard 6 weeks or so. I finally reached 14 pounds down and got stuck for a MONTH. Yeah you heard me right. Even though I hadn't changed anything. I wasn't going over points and I hadn't stopped working out. I don't know it was wierd....I had a plataeu very early on. I was told by my leader that I lost a lot of weight in a sort amount of time and my body was being stubborn. I guess she was right because then all of a sudden I dropped 1.6 one week and then 2.6 the following week (this past thursday). Many of those weeks I wanted to give up because I thought WW wasn't working anymore and even started looking at other diet plans. When I started looking around I never stopped following WW. I have a WW and activity buddy and we keep each other going. Without her and going to the meetings each week I probably would have quit. I am now down a total of 18.4 pounds 2.6 away from my 10% and I am so excited.

So my activity buddy and I have registered for a 3 race series that consists of a 5K, 6K and a 8K. I am so excited about finishing those. We are so pumped. So you'll here me talking about that in the next couple of months.

Guys I have noticed that is very easy to get away from your daily routines when you get comfortable with something. I was comfortable with counting points and started making lots of variations. There is nothing wrong with variation but I started to guess measurements and points values and I think that played a large part of my "plataeu"
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I completely agree with you on the variations thing. I noticed that I started getting more focused on the points value rather than whether or not it was a good well balanced diet. For example, if I had 10 points left in the day, I would say "Oh, well I can have a donut and a bowl of cereal", instead of clearly thinking out what would be healthy to eat. I have started to really sit back and evaluate what I am eating lately rather than just filling my points with whatever junk I want to eat.

Now, if I have 10 points left at the end of the day, I eat what is healthy and what makes me full. If I don't reach every single last point but I am full, I still try not to fill it with junky food.
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote