Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #31  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies Well I thought I was over the morning sickness - I was wrong! I felt really nauseous for the past few days. To top it off, DH has been finishing painting the kitchen and the smell of the paint makes me feel like I want to vomit! He says he can't even smell it and he doesn't understand why I'm so sensitive to the smell. My reply? "Um... I'm pregnant. Thats what pregnancy does!"

The worst is that he's going to finish painting at night this week and since its colder at night he tends to shut the windows when he is doing it. Very bad for me! I keep telling him he needs to have a lot of ventilation because paint fumes are not good for the baby.

My weekend was interesting. DH's car broke down an hour away from the house and wouldn't run at all. We had to have it towed to the nearest shop. Turns out that the belts he had replaced two weeks ago were improperly installed (we paid $850 to replace them two weeks ago, and $700 over the weekend to fix the problem). At least that service department wrote something up stating that. He is supposed to go to the dealership that replaced them the first time today and get them to pay for the repair we had done this weekend.

Ugh... too much work to do today. I want to be at home sleeping!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Mod -- ugh, what a pain! Sorry to hear about the morning sickness. Aren't men weird? I mean, I know about the pregnancy smells just from watching TV -- what has your husband been watching while I've been learning from sitcoms?

Anyway, I gotta get moving on the day.

S
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

Okay - so far so good today! I have 15 points left for dinner tonight!!! I plan on treadmill after school tonight and we start our winter volleyball league tonight so lots of activity! Hope everyone else is having a great day! With all the baby talk ----my sister just found out she is expecting in May! I am very excited!

Mini and Longterm Goals

October 31st - 185
Novenber 31st - 175
December 31st - 165
January 31st - 155
February 31st - 145

Last edited by alliez; 10-15-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #34  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

hey all i was really wanting cabbage soup today so i tried the 0 pt veggie soup and added extra cabbage...not bad. but then i had and apple and pb for snack (i luuuuuuuuuuuuv pb) it is so hard to only have one serving of pb.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Vday- You made much sense. Thanks for the reply. Turbo Jam is really fun and motivating. Sometimes I just gotta get motivated to get motivated. I also overeat for tast only and I must get away from that. V I am totally addicted to sugar also. I love it expecially cereal. So I am with you on the No sugar for 3 or 4 days. We are in it together. Also your 10 pound goal is so doable. My monthly goal is 10 pounds a month. I'll you know after tomorrow what I have left for this month. Last month I lost one pound over.

Lizzy- OMG get it together. You are amazing and just accept that you wear a 4 or less at the GAP......HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO>

KimL1214 - OMG I forgot about 100 CAL PAKS. Not sure how I forgot about them but they kept me on track. Thanks chica.

Alliez- Good Job on the workout. I usually walk 3.5 miles 3 X's a week but my activity buddy has been out of town so it was an excuse for me to slack off.

Mod- Sorry about your car troubles that always sucks. I just clicked on your progress pictures and Holy Canoodles you look wonderful. When is your baby due?

So as you read above I slacked off with no buddy. I did manage to do Turbo Jam Friday and Sunday (Cardio Party). So that was twice this week (my week starts on Fridays cause I weigh on Thurs) and I plan on trying to do something tomorrow morning before work.

As far as points goes I totally screwed myself. I got home a little early and got a little bored inbetween dinner so I had a 5 pt bowl of cereal (incl milk). Well I only came home with 10 pts because I had a big breakfast. So that left me 5 pts at 4:30 in the day. I had a 1/2 a 5pt sandwich so that left me 2.5 pts. I took a nap at 7 and just woke up. I figured if I slept a little I could waste time and not eat. So now that I am awake I will spend my last points on a banana and go back to sleep. Since I didn't exercise today I have no extra pts and I don't like to use more than 20 FP a week.

Whew that was long. Thanks for listening........
Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #36  

Default I knew it was too good to be true...

Yup, friends, it was a busted scale. A suddenly busted scale. You all know I had my doubts, and now they are confirmed. My roommate told me last night that she, too, mysteriously dropped 6 lbs! So I went and picked up my old scale from my old apt, and it's reading 130, which is still a loss and I'll take it!

You know, thinking about it, I knew the 125 wasn't right because 5 lbs SHOWS on my body, and makes a huge difference in how clothes fit this 5' 2" frame. And while all of my clothes are a bit loose, it wasn't like I would expect after reaching goal. I'm almost relieved, since I couldn't imagine that this was it!!

This whole little adventure HAS been quite motivating, though, I must say! Still haven't broken into the 120s as I wanted, but that's OK. Maybe by next week!!

S
Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #37  

So the dealership that installed the car stuff wrong paid us 100% for the repairs we had made. I was very happy.

I'm going up to a friends' house this weekend in NH. She has 3 boys, and while they are not my nephews by blood, I still call them my nephews. I adore them all and can't wait to see them! We are going to go through her maternity clothes and baby clothes. I think I'm going to come home with LOTS of stuff! She only has boys, so I'll have lots of boy stuff. But with her first she didn't find out the sex, so I think she has SOME gender neutral stuff. I'll find out soon.

Also, I have an appointment today with the hematologist/oncologist. I will also have blood drawn for my remission test and on Tuesday I will have my next ultrasound. Can't wait to hear that heartbeat again!

alliez - I am expecting in May too!

CakeBatter - Aww shucks, thanks! I am due May 1st. I can't wait!

lizzy - 130 is REALLY close to the 120's, don't give up!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #38  

mod -- of course I'm not giving up!! And good luck with the doctor's appt. I'll be thinking of you with
Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #39  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

I'm down another 2.8 as of meeting last night... They gave out some trial packs of the garlic parm pretzels... they're amazing!!! Had to buy some before I left meeting. Too bad they charge so much for food at the meetings, although I guess it's worth it...
Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

modkitten-Hey that's great about the car bill, nice when the tide goes in your favor, Hope all your tests went well, and have fun picking out some "new stuff"

lizzy-you are so close, keep it up you are doing so well.

Kim- down 2.8 Super

Suite-your nephew is a cutie

Faerie-Hope your Day is Wonderful, can't wait to hear all the details.

CakeBatter-I love TurboJam, have you tried the whole body jam, uses the ball?

alliez-Looks like you are off to a great start-

me4life-PB is so yummy-I love warming up a flat-out bread, spread a TBLS of PB and topping it off with a sliced banana.

vday- How's the no sugar going for you? Let me know what you're doing instead of the sugar.

Well had a gain this week, lots of stress this week, and what do I do, turn to that old buddy, food!!
One great thing I did, was go to my meeting, knowing that I would have a gain, so getting back on track, today is a new day.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #41  

Kim -- yum, those pretzels sounds dangerously delicious!

Stitches -- Hope you're having luck getting back on track. We all fall off, right?? Just brush yourself off and keep walking!!

Things for me have been fine. My scale read 129 this morning
I hope it stays there for the next few days, then I'll believe it. It is getting really chilly around here, but I suppose I can't complain, as we've been dealing with absolutely miraculous weather for the most part. Fall has finally decided to make its appearance, and I can't say I blame it.
AND, my financial aid check finally arrived, twice as big as I expected, and so I am GOING SHOPPING! Finally, maybe some clothes that will fit! So excited.

Have wonderful days, all!

S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 10-18-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

lizzy Shopping Have fun
Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #43  

Well I got LOTS of maternity AND baby clothes this weekend from my friend that I went to visit. It was great!

When I got home last night, DH and I got into a fight. Admittedly, it was all my fault. I was so overtired that when I got home I tried to sleep but I couldn't. AND my emotions have been crazy lately. It was pretty bad!

Kim - on the loss!

institches - Way to go on going to your meeting! That would always give me the motivation to continue on.

lizzy - Woohoo for the 120's! My scale read 176 this morning. Still up 10 pounds and no more - phew! I had settled around 166 for 6 months before becoming pregnant.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #44  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Long weekend, but I did pretty well. I haven't used any bonus points yet and they run out on Wednesday... Should I try to use all of them? I've heard that your weight loss can stall if you don't use your bonus points, has anyone found this to be true? Last time I did weight watchers, I rarely used them unless it was for a special occasion, anyone else do the same?
I have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner tonight...
modkittn~Sorry to hear about your fight, have you explained to him that it was your emotions running wild?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #45  

Kim - Yeah, we talked about it and the night ended up OK. As for the extra points, I rarely used them all. I say if you aren't hungry, then you shouldn't force yourself to eat!
Closed Thread