Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #1  
Ultimate Fat Smasher!!

S/C/G: 227/227/170

Height: 5'8''

Unhappy Restarting...

Hello All,

I have been on WW before and was successful, but since gained the weight and some back. I have tried a couple of times to get back on the wagon and lose weight again, but haven't succeeded. I don't go to meetings due to time and usually just track points online. If anyone has any form of motivation or suggestions for restarting, getting back on track, and not getting frustrated with counting points please HELP!!! Thanks!!
Khigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Maybe ww online would work for you. The support of people on this site as well as having your program right on your computer could work for you! Good luck.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I don't go to meetings and never joined online. I find the support here sufficient for me and keeping a food log along with a list of food I frequent keeps me motivated and planning ahead. My great motivator is finding recipes of foods I have always enjoyed and then finding ways or reading ways to modify them and make them pt friendly. For me that will be a key to the long term lifestyle change
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I am starting fresh myself, this is my 2nd week back on the program. My friend and I kind of motivated each other to get back on track. She lives in IN and I live in CA and even though we live far apart it helps to have someone to be accountable to. I am going to see her on the 17th and we set small goals, I wanted to lose 10lbs by the time I went and saw her I am down 6lbs so far. We also email each other at the end of the day our daily food journals and if we go off plan we owe the other person a dollar lol. I had lost my way there for a few months and had gained about not quite 10lbs of the 30lbs I had lost. I was having such a hard time getting back into focus but having her help me has really made it alot easier.
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #5  
New Chick

S/C/G: 235/223/145

My motivation is the "skinny" clothes hanging in my closet. I take them out often and hold them up to me just to see how far I've come and how far I've yet to go.
LadyBurchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/176/135

Height: 5'2

I have been on WW so many times, and I am always successful, although I have never stuck it out and made lifetime (tear!). I usually do the online, and I chat there and now here -- that helps. The main thing for me is to make sure why I am doing it -- it is for me, not for DH or anyone else. Get someone -- online or realtime -- who will encourage you and not be falsely supportive. Get a dress or pair of pants you used to fit into and try them on once a week -- til you can wear them out to celebrate!
donnalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #7  

Height: 4' 10"

Look back to the first time you did this and pull that determination out of yourself. You've already shown that you know how and can do this. Your a strong person! We're all right here with you!

You already know what you'll look like when you've accomplished this. Pull out a picture from that last time and stick it on the fridge. Keep telling yourself that you want to be that person again. Remember what that felt like.
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I use these boards religiously. It is really helpful!! Hope to see you around!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #9  

I am back to--to what works. I do core but I count my points to make sure I am eating enough. Last week I realized I was not eating enough. My downfall is bread, so that is why I do core. Keeps me more honest!

We can Do This!!
Frannie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Welcome Back-Glad to see you are joining us!!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Khigh1~ I just started back OP myself! I a FT grad student (with an hour communte each way to the college campus), mom to 2 school age kids, and my husband works away from home 2 weeks out of the month.....so needless to say, trying to fit meetings in is nearly impossible. So I am trying this again with 3FC boards for support plus a couple people close to me are doing WW as well. Here's to success for all of us!
stacynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #12  

I am also back for the upteenth time, this is my 2nd week. The first time I did WW I was very successful, and I did it with a friend. This time I've found a WW buddy that we report to each other every day what our menu was with points, keeps us both accountable. If you can find a WW buddy (I'd be willing!) that would help tremendously, they'll know if you're falling off the wagon too easily!
slurpeegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome This is my 3rd attempt at WW but it's been my most successful! I am determined to get to where I want to be and stay there. Try to stick as much to the Healthy guidelines as you can and if you have to (or can afford it) clean out your pantry and start from scratch.

My biggest motivation is here! I love looking at all the goal pictures and reading the stories.

Much luck to you
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/176/130

i too am starting again. I think this might be my 6th time... i am at an all time high... looking for support to make it work this time... thanks
nothingtofear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/238/165

I don't even know how many times I've joined WW and quit when I thought I could "handle" it. Obviously I can't because the weight keeps coming back and so do I.

This time, it's for life.
Franma76 is offline   Reply With Quote