Why oh Why

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I do so well Monday thru Friday night.....I work Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm so its really easy to structure my days. I stay in my points, I get plenty of exercise and feel great! Once Friday night hits, I have my first lil snack, then that leads me to eating what ever I want all weekend! Then, once Monday is back, I jump right back on the wagon, and all is good again! Why can't I just stay on during the weekend! Every Sunday, (yes, last night) I say to me my hubby "I'm stayin in my points all weekend next weekend)....And I never do, its like I feel I deserve to eat what ever I want on the wkds becouse i had a perfect week. Today marks the first day of week 8 and I would soo be looking forward to wi if my weekends where good. I asked my friend if we could switch are WI days to the end of the week, and she said "why, so you can eat all weekend"....yep, she hit the nail on the head, but even weighing in on Monday's isn't helping my weekends.. AGHHHHH SO FRUSTRATING...what the **** is wrong with me! I know how good it feels to do the right thing, so why don't I just do it...it's only 2 days....

Sorry about the rant! Venting my frustations.
  • Oh boy, weekends. I understand this struggle intimately.

You know what I've found that seems to work much of the time? Planning my meals. Thursday night, really briefly, I just sit down and write out 3 dinners, 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts. I pick one for each day. A list of appropriate snacks is then made, and I can choose those on the day of the snack eating.

It's helped. And it really doesn't take more than 15 minutes. It's worth it to stay in control.
  • weekends are hard for me when we go out to friends. when i'm home it's not so bad.

but they are still hard. we have no structure on the weekends.
  • Weekends are tough for me too - I plan meals, but then sleep a little late, eat on a different schedule, exercise on a different schedule, it is really hard to stay OP. I make sure to log everything into my Daily Plate as soon as I finish eating it so, and project what I want to eat the rest of the day. It helps me to know where I am and where I'm looking at going.
  • I know how you feel! I have a really hard time, but my schedule is sooo wacky that I struggle with it every day. I work 3 twelve hour nights a week, and every week the days I work are different!! It makes it SUPER hard to plan...

Sooo, if it's any encouragement, at least you can think of it that you are still on the same sleep schedule during the weekends! I have a really hard time figuring out what breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack times are when half the time I'm going to bed at 9am and waking up at 4pm!!

Best of luck, I think the planning ahead of time that Faerie mentioned is pretty much the only way to go!!
  • Also maybe having some special OP treats on the weekends may help. Because you might have a little extra time, maybe find some good recipes to try and make it a little special. That way you still have the weekend to look forward to but also some special foods that still fit into your plan.
  • weekends
    I find it hard on the weekends as well because I'm at home all day and the kitchen is so near...
    I signed up for a knitting class to keep me busy. Now when I sit down to catch up on my TV, I practice my knitting. It keeps me busy so I don't keep thinking about food-I'm thinking about knitting. And I always try to drink plenty of water, I'm really good when I'm at work, but at home I do struggle.
  • I work nights, I have a tough time sitting up an eating schedule.
  • Plan
    I'm going to plan my meals and I'm going to eat well this weekend.. I AM I AM I AM......Those darn weekends! It's like having a vacation every 5 days...
  • Good for you! write it down post it on the fridge. COMMIT TO IT!
  • Quote: Good for you! write it down post it on the fridge. COMMIT TO IT!
    Yup yup yup! I agree!
  • I totally agree, weekends are sooo tough, but what Faerie suggested is a Great Idea, I plan to use it for this weekend.

Today's WI did not go well, I'm owning up to that number, I do deserve it. Had an aweful week, but today starts a new one. Good Luck to all of us that are struggling to stay OP.
  • I am very fortunate that weekends are not a problem. I have to work on Saturdays, so its like an extra work day. On the days I am off, I usually do not eat breakfast and I am super busy so I tend not to eat very much. Its evenings right before bed that I am tempted to overeat.
  • Weekends are hard for me too and I weigh in on Mondays at 5pm (yes I am crazy, not only Mondays but at the end of the day.) The only thing that saves me is pre-packaged veggies to snack on and extra activity points with the extra time. That way if I splurge a little I have a few APs to use.

Hang in there and at least you go back on the wagon every Monday which means you are not giving up. That is truly the most important thing!

-Phil
  • I, too, have a terrible time on weekends so even when I was being good I allowed myself a day off. Just a day to not even think of things.

Probably not much help to you, but it helps me to not feel like I'm completely blowing things. A planned day off, you know?

Jenn T