Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi everyone.... thanks for bearing with me...

welcome to the new girls... nice group here i'm pretty new myself

bad food day yesterday but maybe that's because i had to put Bagel (my 8yr old newf mix) down yesterday.

so i'm sad.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
so i'm sad.
I'm so sorry, Nessa.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Oh nessa, I am sorry to hear that.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I have been sleeping soooooo much lately, can't really figure it out! Last night I got about 11 hours, and could totally sleep more.

Well, anyhoo...

Jaime -- good to see you back, even if we see you less. And glad to hear about that blazer -- I had the opposite experience once, a long time ago, wearing a pair of jeans that I thought were a size 6 only to find later that they were a 10! I was so proud of myself all day, though, so it was still good.

Faerie -- whoa, way to get that exercise in!! You're an inspiration!!

Mandos, Kestrel and Ladyscorpio --

Mod -- I'm with Faerie. Please keep posting -- I want to know how things are going for you with the pregnancy!!

I have had a good couple of days, woke up this morning (barely) after strange strange dreams, and just ate two bowls of cereal for breakfast. Not sure why I ate the second one, except to say that I really, really wanted it. I hope it doesn't lead to bad things all day -- I kind of doubt it will, since I'll be pretty busy once I get going (though I just want to go back to sleep!).

Does anyone here meditate daily? I started to, and I'm sort of wondering if it's contributing to these changing sleep patterns...

S
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Nessa -- we were posting at the same time, I guess. I'm so sorry to hear about Bagel. That is so hard.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #21  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone!

I'm not allergic to dairy, but my daughter that I'm nursing can't tolerate dairy or soy so I've eliminated those from my diet. My first two were sensitive also so it wasn't really a surprise, just inconvenient.

My middle child (2 years) woke up 2 hours early today. Normally I would have already sucked down 2-3 cans of Coke by now to wake up, but I'm sipping my iced tea instead. Small steps, small victories.

Nessa, I'm sorry you had to put your dog down.

Last edited by kestrel; 09-19-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #22  
Starting Fresh

Nessa I am so so sorry to hear about poor Bagel.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 263/191/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I got to the gym at 6AM today But I NEEDED to get my exercise done, and I'm going to a wedding reception tonight so I can't do it after work. Kind of amazing what we can make ourselves do when we really want to get it done somehow. Let me just say I'm NOT a morning work out person, but again... this needed to be done.

WOO HOO about the gym and about the bra - have a great time this evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopysgirl View Post
Hi Everyone. I am new to weight watchers. I joined on September 9 and my first weigh in yielded a loss of 4.8 pounds! I am nursing, so I get more points..my friend (not doing ww) told me I am not going to last once I don't get those xtra nursing points. I would like to prove her wrong; heh. I am actually struggling with using up all of my points during the day so I don't have too many to use up at the end of the day right now. I have been searching the archives for higher point menu ideas (yet healthy). I am getting the hang of it but I love 3FC's website.
You will do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
to all our new Flexers!

Well I went to the gym Tuesday night (yay! woohoo!) and totally bailed last night. Although, the reason was because I was having some super uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms. At least I will be hiking all weekend in Vermont! Yay for burning calories I've gained 4 pounds now. I don't want to gain any more this trimester, so I'm going to have to start watching what I'm eating more than what I've been.

I've been reading posts, just not posting a lot. I feel like I don't really fit in as much with the whole HAVING to gain weight/maintain thing and not losing
Congrats on the pregnancy and love love love Vermont! I got married there outside of a little country chruch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post

Well, I went for my run last night. Not too long, just over 2 miles, but it was something. We've been on the treadmills in our building the past couple times, which is new - usually we run outside. Silly DH gets on his, sets the incline really high and the speed as high as he can stand it, then wears himself out after 20 minutes. Then he stands around waiting for me to be done (me who does intervals of fast walking and jogging to build up endurance), which makes me feel pressured to leave early - I told him afterwards last night that he needs to just go home if that happens again, I want to stay longer!

In other news, I've applied for a research assistant position with a professor in the music department who specializes in Italian Renaissance music. How neat is that? I'd basically be working with both Italian and English texts, doing some research, some bibliography work, and some xeroxing for about 10 hours/week. I am really excited about it as I sorely miss being involved with Italian. However, the job is not in hand yet, so we shall wait and see. She sounds very interested in having me work for her but I have to hear back from her about scheduling - the fact that I am not available during business hours (as I work full-time already) might throw a wrench in the whole thing. We shall see. Fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday, any weekend plans?
YEAH about the run and very cool about the job prospect - that sounds fantastic!

Nessa - I am so sorry - I saw your post yesterday

Doing good OP - love WW and thank goodness I found my way back a few weeks ago and found you guys! We got a puppy last Friday (after many years without) so he is keeping us on our toes!

Waving Hi to Shinking, Kestrel and Courtnie and anyone I missed!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by ladyscorpio; 09-19-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Nessa-- I just wanted to send lots of to you; I am sorry for your loss.

I am reading and trying to soak in everyone's collective wisdom. I am usually NAK so I can't always respond as much as I would like. I hope everyone has a great, on-plan weekend.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #25  
ONEderland here I come!

thanks everyone.

i am trying very hard to be grain free and fruit free today... to get my out of control eating under control

I ate at TGI Friday's for lunch had the key west shrimp... Daily plate calls it at 4 points... anyone have any input on it?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Nessa-no input on the key lime shrimp. Sounds yum..how did it taste?

Soooo I have been trying the diet/menu accountability and I swear, I feel like such a pig posting my daily menu. I have to use all my points but I feel like I am stuffed a lot of the time. I don't want to go below my points because I have been reading that you should use all your daily points PLUS as many flex points as you want because the points that are left on maintenance are the ones you will have FOREVER. (insert ominous music). I know 41 is a lot, but once I stop loosing, that is 31..and then minus a point for each 10 pounds lost.. which I calculate could put me at 24 or less points once I reach goal. I am afraid that if I eat less points (due to not being as hungry) I will end up only getting like 20 points for the rest of my life, LOL .

I hardly used any flex points last week and lost 4.8 pounds, so I am trying to use more flex points this week and to see what the scale will say. I would love to lose super quick but I dont want to be dumping toxins into my breastmilk since my little one still nurses a lot throughout the day and night.

Any tips or suggestions for me? When I came in from mowing I had missed my snack (I am trying to divide my points somewhat evenly throughout the day so I don't have tons left at night to use..want to get out of that nighttime binge mindset) I ended up having a tall glass of juice for some quick points and a fiber bar (for the fiber!). I really would like to do core, but I know I would probably lose way too fast that way. I tried a diet similar to core about 5 years ago when I was having gallbladder issues and went from 230 to 163 in about 3-4 months. (I ended up gaining it all back after pregnancy and reverting back to unhealthy ways---one thing I like about flex points is that it has a lot of variety and I can still eat a serving of combos if I want, for example, and not beat myself up about it).

What are some of your nutrient dense/higher point type favorites? Nut butters? Cheeses? I could eat a few pieces of chocolate for some points, but I would rather make it a bit healthier.

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

*waves from the network server room*

UGGGG... been working 65+ hours a week here. Darn lightning - our network is finally up though.. <sigh> It has been a rough couple of weeks for me. Not eating all my points - forget the healthy guidelines... what is that clear liquid called that we are supposed to drink so much of every day?

I am so far behind with the normal stuff it is going to take another couple of week at 60+ hours each to get caught up. I am going in this weekend (again x5 weekends so far) to try and get more caught up so I don't have to be a maniac during the week. So far I have been losing, but not in a healthy nutritious way...and my body is feeling it I tell ya.

Gonna have to get back on track.

((((Nessa))))) sorry to hear about your Bagel. That is so rough. Been there myself.

Don't have much time for more personals, I am going to bed. I am gonna try and sleep in and then go into work.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #28  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Nessa: So sorry about your dog. There isn't much that I can think to write to make you feel better, otherwise I would

Shrinking: Yeah my job is confusing. Basically I am a telephone interviewer for a social research company, and they are in between surveys right now. So I am technically still employed as a telephone interviewer, but we don't have a survey to work on right now, so I haven't worked there in about 3 months. But they are supposed to be promoting me to a supervisor and research assistant so I am just waiting for that promotion. If they don't promote me, I will quit because telephone interviewing is really lame.

Snoopygirl: any nuts are healthy and have a lot of points, also avocado is 2 points for 1/4 and it is really yummy and nutritious! That is a really easy 2 points as you don't have to eat very much, and nuts are 4 points for not that many as well

Chey: 65 hours in one week! wow! That's a lot! I bet you'll have a lot of money come payday though!

~well, today I worked out for the first time in about 2 months! I didn't do a whole lot. My friend and I walked 1.4 miles to the park and back, and we also did some laps at the park which were probably about 1.2 miles. My heartbeat did get up and I sweated a little, but it wasn't a major workout. I just wanted to get some movement in as my body has been feeling SO crappy lately from the lack of exercise.

Has anyone ever made baked apple slices? They are so good, and a great low point desert. I also just recently looked up a recipe for baked onion rings that I REALLY want to try. Yum!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #29  
ONEderland here I come!

good morning gals,

snoopysgirl the shrimp was good and spicy. i got an extra side of steamed broccoli... it was good. it was a lot of shrimp i can't believe it was only 4 points...

chey i'm sorry you are working so much...

thanks everyone for the moral support. it' helped truly. now if only my other dog understood...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Just a quick check in before I have to head into work...

Vday - unfortunatly I am salaried. No extra $$$ for me for the additional hours over 40 I work. I always say there is a fine line between dedication and stupidity. I have 1 foot on one side and the other foot on the other side.. I sure hope you get that promotion! Good going on the movement - nice walks this time of year are wonderful. Have you seen any change in season with the trees? I love this time of year here in Iowa.

Nessa - I am sorry that I am working so much too.. it will slow down soon I hope - I just need to get through the rest of September and the first part of October and it should get back to normal.

snoopysgirl - I had a difficult time with my points at the beginning. I would always end up with over 1/2 of them left over for supper/night snack. I puchased a can of almonds and pistachios to snack on to get all of my points in. OH.. and Jamie's banana/peanut butter wrap saved me more than once and that is sooooooooo good!

I haven't read much more than this last page and I have to go to work. I will try to catch up with everyone later! Have an awesome day chicks!
Closed Thread