Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 263/191/135

Height: 5'6"

Hugs Nessa - holidays are a difficult time. My Mom died a few months ago and though people say "it will get better" - I truly know it never will.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #92  
Made of Starstuff

Nessa -
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #93  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Nessa
Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #94  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I have missed a lot... so I am just going to say Hi
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #95  
Made of Starstuff

Happy October Flexy Ladies!

How is everyone? All doing amazing, and OP I really hope!!!

It's my last day at work. I'm having trouble finishing some things, not surprisingly. Some of my co-workers got me a card & a gift card for the wedding. So sweet of them!

I'm eating a banana. I think I may switch my morning banana for a different fruit to save on points. I've heard that bananas aren't the greatest of fruits anyways. (Not that bananas are like little Debbie cakes or something, but there may be even better choices nutritionally.)

I'm a little worried about my entire life & schedule shifting. It's going to take a lot to keep myself OP when transitioning. I know that now is the time to think about it, and write up plans.

Well, I best get this work done ASAP.

Everyone have a lovely day

Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Quote:
Does anyone else go through strange mental times when it really hits them that this healthy eating & regular exercising really is the new normal? It just occassionally hits me that this isn't a temporary condition. Not that I've ever felt I was going to get to goal weight & then turn around & "return" to my old ways. I suppose part of the realization has something to do with the fact that I've eaten pretty awful my entire life. So this new normal is a strange beast.

Oh well, just a throught.

Yeah.. I have had a few "bleh" days lately where I have struggled with these realizations a bit. I am happier eating this way--yet sometimes it is like I internally rebel against it and want to eat and eat and eat... but it isn't a physical hunger, if that makes sense. In fact, if I may confess, I fell off plan for a day a few days ago and just that icky, stuffed, too-full feeling reminded me of how I used to feel ALL of the time. It was a potent reminder of how far I have come even this early in this go-round. And that I have a choice to make each day, even each meal, about how I want my life to be. It IS a strange beast. (I am back on plan and even managed a 2 pound loss this week, but still, I am really quite unhappy with myself for making that choice to "go there" and potentially jeopardize my progress.

Quote:
I'm a little worried about my entire life & schedule shifting. It's going to take a lot to keep myself OP when transitioning. I know that now is the time to think about it, and write up plans
That is soo true! Keep writing up them plans and you will succeed in this for the long haul, through thick and thin.

Nessa, ((hugs))
Old 10-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #97  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Nessa

My eating has been horrible the past couple of days. I am on travel for work, on a naval base, and I only get to eat their cafeteria food. Bleh! Oh plus we are on a small island and basically the only food they get is stuff that comes over on a barge. So you can imagine how much fresh food they have here that is actually good. Not much!

Well time to get back to work. I will reply to everyone Friday when I am back home!

Last edited by modkittn; 10-01-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

Just popping in... I have been reading as people post but don't feel like I have too much to add right now! I am literally just sitting around waiting for my sister's baby to arrive. Any day now... We are taking bets on whether the baby will end up a birthday present for her, or if he will get his own date (her bday is Oct 6). You know, I don't blame the kid, hanging out where it's warm and safe!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #99  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyscorpio View Post
Hugs Nessa - holidays are a difficult time. My Mom died a few months ago and though people say "it will get better" - I truly know it never will.
hey Ladyscorpio, it doesn't get 'better' it gets easier... time really is a great healer... but it takes a LONG LONG time.

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a mom is one of the hardest things a woman/girl can go through no matter how old you are.

my mom died when I was 35 and a dear family friend said 'you are so young to lose your mother'.... I had NO clue what she meant till there was no one to discuss my peri-menopause with.....

tonite is weigh in for me... if my scale continues to run true to the WW scale I'll show a small loss tonite.... probably less than a pound but that's ok I had nearly 3 pounds last week.... and my doctor only wants me to lose 3 pounds a month....
Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #100  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Halfway through my mom's visit and we've been doing good with staying out of the fast food places, we usually end up there for lunch just out of convenience. But she's really supportive of me starting WW, I know she doesn't like seeing her "baby" this big and unhealthy. I got some snacks for her to have while she's here (ice cream, which I can't have anyway, chips & cookies) and while I did have a serving of chips with my lunch one day, it was one serving (with the recorded points) and not the whole bag, which is a huge improvement for me.!

Sometimes it hits me that this isn't a temporary thing either, but I'm just concentrating on how much better I'm feeling now and that helps. Plus now that I'm not constantly overeating, it feels like I'm not stretching my stomach out to expect these huge meals.

Faerie - I hope your last day at work passes quickly, you must be so excited! And I think writing up a plan would be a good way to move forward while staying on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
My eating has been horrible the past couple of days. I am on travel for work, on a naval base, and I only get to eat their cafeteria food.
Well, if you ever end up on a naval base over here in WA for work, then we'll meet for a healthy lunch. My DH is in the Navy but luckily the galley here has an awesome salad bar, he says.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Nessa -- Good luck with WI
Faerie -- I've heard that about bananas, too, particularly that they have a lot of sugar. Anyway, I'm so excited for you to be leaving your work! Are you going to be deoing something else?
Mod -- so glad you've decided to stick around and keep us up to date on your pregnancy. I hope all of your tests bear good news!
Jaime -- yeah, I'd probably hang out inside for a while if I was hearing all this scary economic news!
Kestrel -- way to go on one serving of chips!! That's awesome! It is good to keep it "one day at a time."

I know I missed some people above but I had to just stick with the posts on this page. Otherwise it gets a little to overwhelming!!
But, welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the returners!

------------------------------

I am just back from spending 5 days in NJ at my parents' house, attending a friend's wedding, and then celebrating the Jewish holidays. Eating was fairly abysmal. When I got back to town, though, my roommate mentioned that her eating was pretty terrible, too, and that today is her "back on track" day. I'm trying to get there, too! I'm also trying to cultivate a better attitude about, well, everything. Just a generally better attitude. I think it would really help.

OK, I gotta go get my day started.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #102  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to jump in and say hello.
I just rejoined WW last friday. I was on a one way candy corn train back to 220 pounds. In a about two weeks i went from 122 to 130. Yes i know how to eat..lol
I'm changing my meeting day to Saturday mornings this week so i can go running at the park after my WI.
Yesterday was a bad day for me. Do any of you have a problem with binge eating..
I thought i'd be ok if i bought some WW bread and natural PB..i should have known better..bread,PB and candy are trigger foods for me. I can't have them in the house. So i guess we all know what happened. I will not make that mistake again.
So i'm back OP today..doing damage control for my Saturday WI. I will eat all my points..nothing over...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Wow, I was just noticing my goal, my present weight, and the date. Down to 129 in two weeks seems so possible! Its the first time-constrained goal I've put on myself in a long time. I'd really like to make it work. That's only 2.5 lbs in two weeks!!

My commitment for today: lots of water, lots of walking, stay at or under 25 pts.

129, here I come!!

Oh, and Vanessa, what great losses you've had! Glad you were able to catch yourself. Looks like we're in similar places now -- good luck getting back to the 120s!!

S
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #104  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

I bet you can make 129 in 2.5 weeks...no problem..
Like you i'm going to try and get more water in..
Old 10-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #105  
lots of fun!

i have quite the amount to catch up on here, so i'll just pop in and say hi! i have to run off to a client in 10 minutes. hope everyone is doing well, as i see most are

suite - how fun that would be for your sister to have her baby as a birthday present. i was sort of one for my mom. her birthday is october 4th and i was born the 5th. that would be a fantastic birthday present for her indeed i'm sure!

btw on a personal note, i have been really trying to staying OP and having been doing well, but the last three weeks have been a maintanence, a gain, and then a loss but only a pound since 4 weeks ago. kind of annoying. but that kind of stuff in the past would be the stuff to make me say EFF IT and eat something crappy.

not this time
Closed Thread