Flex Talk #15

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Success! I am no longer spoonless, and will be less cranky in just a moment when I eat my fiber one english muffin & cottage cheese
  • Mmmm english muffin...

So I saw the OB/GYN yesterday. She did an exam, asked a bunch of questions, and I had blood work, etc done. There were some questions I wanted to ask but that I totally forgot about, so I need to call today to ask. The main one is about continuing my physical therapy, if I should, how long I should for, and if the exercises I do for it are OK to continue with or not. She is scheduling a consultation with a high-risk OB, as well as a Level 2 Ultrasound at my 20 week appointment because of the leukemia and also that I was still taking my meds for it for the first 6-8 days that I was pregnant. We will be finding out the sex then too. It seems so far away! We will also have an ultrasound in 3 weeks for the Down Syndrome test.

Faerie - It is very here in Rhode Island as well!

kestrel - Now that I am I try not to weigh myself every day, but I still have been out of habit! I need to start weighing once a week. But when I wasn't pregnant, I would weigh myself every morning. I have heard that ginger helps, and plan on getting some of those ginger drops tonight.
  • Quote: Do you ladies completely avoid the scale in between weigh ins, sometimes check up, or what?

on it every morning! after potty and teeth brushing... nude.

is that TMI????

and my scale at home weighs abotu 2 pounds light when i have clothes on and about 6 pounds light without clothes and food... (i weigh in at 6 pm on Wednesdays)
  • Good morning everyone!

Faerie - I'm glad you found a spoon!

mod - Oh, I can definitely understand not weighing yourself daily when pregnant! My youngest just turned 2 months and I didn't step on a scale a single time during that pregnancy so I wouldn't fixate on my weight. My midwife was fine with that and it was such a relief not to have to dread weigh-ins. I usually gain 30-40 lbs during pregnancy, but also have 10 lb babes.

Nessa - Nope, not TMI, but funny! I do the same thing, minus the toothbrush. Since I'm doing WW online I just use my home scale for weigh ins.

I did take a peek on the scale this morning and was happy to see it still moving in the right direction. It's an odd feeling for me to be looking forward to stepping on my scale!
  • good morning ladies...

rainy here. gonna go to the gym today... i have to ya know.... but i think i'm gonna give it up when my membership is due to renew for cost reasons. I can bike and wii fit at home and get some weights and make it work at home.

i think i'm ready.

my personal scale shows a loss again today... makes me excited for wednesday's weigh in... sadly that's october 1 so I will not be adding another loss to the september weigh in haha
  • Just a rainy day in PA also. Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Yeah for me, did my cardio today, plan to do my strength tape tomorrow, and have stayed OP all day. Not so much for the WI, on thursday, but more to prove to myself, that I can do this, my reason to get healthy is more important to me than that treat for the minute.
  • Got to get back in the groove!!
    Hi everyone

For those who remember me hello again, and those who don't then hello and nice to meet you!

I'm finally settled here in Toronto now and am taking the plunge into this whole weight loss bargain again. I managed to get some weight off before the move which was good, and I had kinda sloped after it all, well, because you know how hectic moving can be, and starting over in a new place.. I didn't gain much more than a couple pounds since, but hadn't lost any either.

So here we go, trying again to get to my goal. Why does this have to be so hard anyways!?! Anyone have any tips to give me a boost back into this again? It's gonna be a rough start here...

I'm gonna try to find where there's a WW close but until I'm working a bit more I'll put some money away to join. I hope I can still take motivation and everything from stories to recipes from you all, and help get to my goal, finally.

Hope everyone has been well and are having good luck with their journey. Talk to everyone again soon!

T.
  • Hi T.
    I'm new to WW and just wanted to say Hi. I think Canada would be a great place to be! I love the climate in the north! We live in a very hot summer area and I hate the heat. Congrats on the weight loss! Where did you live before your move?
    Lori
  • Hello! I think Canada is a great place to be, I've never left haha. I lived in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia before moving here. I like the not too hot weather too, I'm oringinally from Newfoundland where it's alot colder than this.

It's been almost four months since I left, and I haven't been watching my weight at all! 0_0. Thanks for the congrats though, it was really hard looking back on it, and I know it's gonna be just as tough again this time, but I'm praying I'll be able to get into a good groove again.

Where are you from?

T.
  • Hi Hi Ladies!

Just jumping in here really quickly.

I seem to have fallen into some old habits about the weekends. TV & healthy eating don't seem to mix with me. *regret-filled sigh* I remember having such an amazingly easier time when I was at my old apartment & didn't have cable. I wouldn't even bother watching TV. Maybe I need a "no TV" at all rule?... I don't need to be filling my head with re-runs anyways, truthfully. Quitting TV (except for a few recorded favorites) would certainly be tough... but it would be worth it for my health, wouldn't it? (rhetorical, just talking through my thoughts)

And what happened to my wonderful weekend exercise? Goodness, Faerie, what is the deal with you lately? *poke poke*

This morning is a new & wonderful morning. *Dusts herself off*

I've got a lot of OT today, but the rest of the week seems pretty easy going.

*Gulp* Just 3 short weeks until the wedding! We're getting our rings very shortly... and we're ordering favors tonight.

I hope you all have some great days!

• Faerie - I understand about the TV and unhealthy eating! A couple months ago we ditched the high end cable package and went down to limited basic cable and it was a hard change, but we do watch a lot less TV now.

My mom is here visiting for the week, so that will be a test of my new eating style. I'll have to concentrate on staying out of the fast food restaurants.
  • Well I broke down and bought maternity jeans. Same size as my regular pants, and they fit great and are super comfy! I put on a Bella Band to keep them up. I was just sick of all my pants being way too tight around my stomach and having to unbutton them all. I thought I would try the Bella Band with all my regular pants, just unbuttoned. But its just not comfortable to me. I like the maternity pants much better. I feel like its too early for them though!

I'm just hoping that everyone isn't thinking "Oh I wonder if she's pregnant" because I definitely look... well I look something. My chest is bigger and my stomach is bigger but the rest of me is about the same. My DH told out neighbors that I'm pregnant and they said they were wondering if I was. I wonder if all my co-workers are thinking that... I still have 4-5 weeks before I can make an announcement! I hope I make it that long before its blatantly obvious.

Faerie - I only have the high-end cable so that I can get the HD channels. Otherwise, my fairly new LCD HDTV would be... well kind of useless when you think about what I bought it for! In February we will at least be getting all of the free local channels in HD. I'd seriously think about getting rid of cable altogether at that point, if it weren't for DH wanting to watch every single hockey game (only played on a cable channel). How about doing something while watching TV, like knitting or crocheting?

Welcome back Tendalaya and welcome mom2fivesweeties!

kestrel - I'm still weighing in every day! I need to stop! Actually, I didn't this morning but that is only because I am on travel for work and there was not a scale in the room Good luck with your eating while your mom is around! Does she like the fast food restaurants, or do you just end up there when she is visiting?
  • Hi T!
    I live in southwestern Illinois, a suburb of St. Louis, MO. Lived in St. Louis my whole life and moved over the river here in 1984. It was a rural area then but not anymore. The schools are really good though and my 4 youngest are all in middle school so it'll be a while for a move again, but we would like to move somewhere rural again with a lot of woods. I told dh I'd love Ely, MN for the cooler summers but he hates the cold so I suppose that wouldn't do. My oldest son is 22 and he wants to move to Pensacola, FL. So we are all very different! LOL!

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and good luck this week!

• Kestrel - Good luck with the food issues while your mom is around.

Mod - Yay for comfy maternity pants!!!! Ya know I never picked up knitting/crocheting... but it's not a bad idea to have something permanently next to the tv to do in order to keep my hands busy. Because, in fact, I believe that's a huge part of the continued eating.

Mom2five - Hi there! How are things going today?

---

Less than 36 hours until I never have to step foot in this building again!!! Wheeeeeee!

Does anyone else go through strange mental times when it really hits them that this healthy eating & regular exercising really is the new normal? It just occassionally hits me that this isn't a temporary condition. Not that I've ever felt I was going to get to goal weight & then turn around & "return" to my old ways. I suppose part of the realization has something to do with the fact that I've eaten pretty awful my entire life. So this new normal is a strange beast.

Oh well, just a throught.

Hope everyone is enjoying the very last day of September in 2008.

• morning gals.

Mod I am sure when you finally make the announcement everyone will say "I thought so"

Faerie, i often get amazed at how 'normal' the way i eat is now.

hello and welcome T. and Lori!

it's Rosh Hashanna today (Jewish New Year) and although I'm not observant (in fact i'm at work) it still holds some feeling for me and I miss my mom a lot. she's gone 13 years now....