3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Momentum / Flex

Flex Talk #14

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #61
Starting Fresh

S/C/G: 215/201.6/130

Height: 5'2"

ifindhope - I only have the etools. I find it way cheaper. I did the meetings one years ago and never went. It was costly. It is like $17 a month for just the etools. And to be honest I don't even use most of the site.

So my doctors appt yesterday was total waste of time IMO. There is a huge post about it in support so I wont say too much. I have decided to keep going with weight watchers, eat my super foods - and stop taking birth control and see how I feel. Doctor had no input said we could talk about it another time. I figure switching pills would put me at risk for getting pregnant anyway - so I am just going to stop them and be really careful. If I don't feel any different in two months I will go back on then, if I do I am going back to the doctor!

Last night I made this fake fried chicken out of the eat shrink and be merry cookbook (i love that book! everyone NEEEEDS it) and I made the whole wheat macaroni from WW - it was such an awesome dinner! For like the first time ever I made extra of everything so we have left overs Usually I cook JUST enough for dinner. But I am getting sick of cooking every night, LOL.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #62

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

sotypical -- good luck with the BC. I didn't read your other post, but I do work with Planned Parenthood sometimes, and have definitely heard many complaints about various forms of BC!!

Nessa -- how'd that WI go??

Jaime -- your sister won't disown you if the blanket's not finished!! The baby will sense if it's made with stress instead of love...

Steph -- sounds like you found yourself some good motivation with that xmas party. And I'm sorry to hear about you WW leader. Sad that she didn't let you guys know that she was leaving. Endings can be hard when you've got a real connection with someone, and even harder when there's no chance to really say goodbye. But, like you said, better to keep on keepin' on!

Magz -- how'd the visit go? Sounds like you've had a lot of family time in the past week!

Tarah -- I think I'm going to a meeting tonight, for real this time. Have you gone to one yet?

CakeBatter -- Um, your appetite may have to do with all those activity points! Use them!

Stitches -- welcome back!

OK, I gotta go get ready. One small complaint -- my allergies and asthma have been HORRIBLE the past couple of days. Miserable. Any suggestions? I already cut out dairy...

S

Old 09-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #63
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning... how is everyone...

lizzy, i do not have allergies but i do not know what to tell you... do you use stevia? that's related to ragweed you know. can you take something?

Courtnie how are you today?

my weigh-in was less than stellar. I lost .6 I guess after a loss of 4.8 the previous week I should not be upset. I also had to go potty and could not go before the meeting... just no time... it's ok, I'll catch up next week. I can't really complain, I ate pizza sunday and monday and cheesecake on Saturday and still showed a loss

today i have to go see the doctor for an emergency check up i have bug bites all over my legs and this morning i woke up to brusing on my calves and thighs... not a good thing.
added Points August, 2008
Having RNY September 22, 2009
Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #64
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! My vacation was wonderful. The break was great to have. I got back Monday night, took Tuesday off of work, and went back to work yesterday.

I got to go on all the rides I wanted to at Disney, because my doctor said it was ok for me to do so this early on. I had tons of fun. Got some pictures taken too. I need to scan them in.

As far as the pregnancy, I'm doing OK. I've had a lot of gas issues (it comes with pain! ), and I do feel nauseous every once in a while, but not often enough for it to really bother me too much. Other than that, I've been good. I have my first ultrasound in a week and a half and I can't wait!

I did gain 2 pounds from vacation. Of course, I can't work on losing it. I am supposed to be SLOWLY gaining right now (3-5 pounds in the first trimester) so I just need to count it towards that.

I need to go catch up on all your posts, you gals have been busy!

Last edited by modkittn : 09-11-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #65

S/C/G: 193/183/165

Lizzy I know I can use my activity points but I thought the point of that was to accelerate my weightloss (o and get in shape) (whine whine). I just work so hard for them I don't know if I should eat them. What do you all think? After that posting I did take a short 5 min walk and that helped alot.

Tarrah & lizzy - I tend to like the meeting because when I lose weight the whole rooms applauds me. I really like that because else really cares when you lose but you o and now you guys!!!

modkittn- I am glad you had a good time on your trips...I just love vacations.

Nessa - Congrats on your loss. Any loss is a step in the right direction

ifindhope - Something my best girlfriend and I have sone is I bought her a deluxe set from the meeting. She doesn't want to do meetings and we are each others support group. She does really well I guess as long as she has the tools. In your case we are your support group.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #66

S/C/G: 250/199/150

I don't generally eat my activity points. However if I have a few weeks without a loss I'll experiment a bit to see if eating a few of them helps. Sometimes it does, then I just cut back a bit when I see a loss again. It's a game LOL.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #67

OMG.!!!!! So I wake up today with happy go lucky positive attitude. It was a great morning to start. I yapped and yapped all day about how I couldn't wait for my WW meeting and see my loss. I worked so hard this week. I walked 21 miles and stayed within my points with the exception of 3 flex points. So I get to my meeting the receptionist tells me I have a gain, yes a GAIN of .6 pounds. Excuse my language but WTF!!!! I bust my hinnie this week just like last and nothing actually worst than nothing ....a gain. The woman tells me (because she could it all over my face), "don't worry honey you lost 7.2 lbs last week and your body is adjusting to such loss. You will lose next week." Of that is all fine and dandy but I want to bust into tears. I know we all have weight issues or we wouldn't be here but I just struggle so hard. I went into a depression over it and everything. So of course all I wanted to do was go and eat something, anything!!!!! Anyway I held in the tears and as soon as the meeting was over and I was in my car I burst into a hyperventilating sob. I mean I just couldn't believe I did everything I was supposed to and MORE. Anyway I got home and I didn't give into the "Binge" mentatlity but I was and still am so sad. I just want to sleep for two days. Should I not work out I thought that is what we were supposed to do......I don't want to be fat I can't take it anymore. I must admit I have been feeling wonderful about myself but I have totally regressed. My 50 pound reward to myself is plastic surgery, tummy tuck and lipo of the thighs to be exact.....I am never gonna make it.

Anyway sorry for such a long post but I am miserable, thanks for your "ears"
Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #68
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Cakebatter: I know it feels so bad to gain but don't worry! .6 of a pound is honestly NOTHING and I can almost guarantee you that it is water weight from working out so much. Your muscles swell and your body retains water when you do more exercise than normal. It is completely normal to gain water weight after that, and .6 of a pounds is so small! You will get it off in no time! Your body just has to get used to exercise. Don't worry, honestly. Oh and it could also be because you are not eating your exercise points. I ALWAYS eat my EP's, and so do a lot of other people. When you work out a lot more, you NEED those extra points so that your metabolism stays working properly and so that your body can still have the energy to burn fat.

Ladybugnessa: Oh my gosh I hate bugs! I know exactly what you mean! the other night I had to wait outside for the bus for half an hour, and I was wearing a skirt. I woke up the next morning with literally 20 mosquito bites on my legs! They were driving me crazy! My legs looked like I was a meth addict or something! I tried calamine and cream, and none of it worked. I finally bought this stuff called "Afterbite" by the makers of Off, and it worked REALLY well.

Shrinkinglizzy: I would suggest Benadryl, or if you don't wanna be drowsy, then Claritin. If Claritin is too expensive, you can try taking just regular cold medicine. It usually helps because of the sniffles, congestion in the chest, and so on.

sotypical: your dinner sounds really good!

~ well as for me, I am still trying to get my gain off. I still haven't worked out, which is obviously not good. I can feel that my body is so much lazier and tired from not working out anymore. I have to take a nap almost everyday not that I don't workout. I'm waiting for it to cool down outside so that I can start going for jogs. And once I get my job, I am going to buy a bike. Other than that, I am just trying to not binge and stay under my points everyday.

Mini Goal: 240 by September!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #69

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Talking

modkitten-Congrats on your wonderful news, and so glad you had a wonderful vacation, so nice to get away, and Disney is just plain wonderful in it self. Best of Luck for a Happy and Heathly Journey to Motherhood!!

vday- and

lizzy-this weather is just plain awful on the head, hope yours' is better. Hope you are doing well on the not smoking, sending you lots of . Congratulations on the new apartment and enjoy!

Magz, CakeBatter, ladybug, sotypical

Suite-hope moving day{s} is going smoothly, I've always wanted to own my own business also, I would love to open a framing/counted cross stitch shop, but I can't say going back to school would be something I would like to do, but good luck with your decision.

Faerie- Lots of Fun Stuff happening for you, loved your story on your engagement ring, which sounds very beautiful. So happy for you, a size 18 dress is awesome, and best of luck with all your wedding plans, may they go smoothly for you.

Chey-Hope all is well by you

and Hi to anyone that I missed-still trying to catch up!

Well, I just started this new work out tape, and it's really kicking my butt. Mitch Gaylord's "Melt the Fat" Wow, it's not hard to learn the routine, but you really feel it in the upper thighs and the ABS, are so sore. It's a good sore though.

Well need to get ready for work, hope everyone has a great day, and a wonderful weekend.

-Onderland-12/23/09

Blue Team

February 1st
Old 09-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #70
Starting Fresh

S/C/G: 215/201.6/130

Nessa - congrats on the loss! .6 is betting then nothing!

modkittn - I haven't said it yet, but congrats!!!

CakeBatter - I agree. .6 is nothing and probably just water! Don't worry about it and WTG on not giving into the eating. I know I am guilty of that!

Today is going to a less then great day, but hopefully not too bad. We are going for sushi for lunch - I can make the right choices there. And then at 4 we are having a TGIF at work, they bring in lots of snacks and booze - I won't be drinking so that is a plus. But i might have to have a couple cheese and crackers and a diet cook. But tonight we setting up our Garage Sale for tomorrow - ordering pizza! gaah! All well, least I will be moving lots!

Tomorrow morning I am getting up extra early to make a lemon blueberry (or raspberries if I pick some up) loaf. That way my mom doesn't have to bring donuts over in the morning, haha. But I will have to get up at like 5:30 probably to make my loaf and get ready before everyone starts coming! I have to make some good money, we have a lot of big things to sell of my Grandma's and I am selling some beds and a dresser because we hope to buy a king sized bed for Christmas. I am also happy to have my garage back and be able to put my stuff in there rather then in my spare rooms! And I can get up my exercise stuff!

So yesterday would have normally been my day to start taking my birth control again and I didn't. I am really nervous, I have been taking the pill since I was 17, 6 years! It's weird not taking it. I am a little disappointed I read that it can take up to 6 months for the extra hormones to fully leave you body and I was hoping to only be off it for like 2. My boyfriend and I are going to have to be really careful. I am nervous but at the same time I feel good and just being off it.

Anyway, TGIF everyone.

Last edited by sotypical : 09-12-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #71
Horse lover!

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys!

I'm new here (and so I can't have a signature yet, *cry*) and I wanted to join you guys. This is my first time ever being this motivated and involved with a diet and I'm determined to make it work this time.

I'm on the Flex plan, doing just the etools online. So far it has been great for me to keep track of everything I'm eating - I'm finding that makes me so much more aware of what I'm eating each day. My boyfriend is on a diet with me, which helps a lot - but he's not doing WW so I want people to chat with about the day to day struggles.

I eat the WW or Lean Cuisine frozen meals most days for lunch and then I try to make something healthy and fresh for dinner. I've been doing a lot of stir fry type meals with lots of fresh vegetables. I also eat fruit for breakfast and eat granola bars, applesauce, and low fat pudding or carrots as I get hungry throughout the day. I've only been on this diet for about 13 days so far, and I've lost about 4 pounds. Admittedly, I have a problem motivating myself to exercise.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello
Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #72
ONEderland here I come!

welcome finnegan (begin again?) I am doing etools online I LOVE IT!

i too don't exercise much I try to go swim at my gym or do my wii fit. I'm not allowed to walk for exercise due to a prior injury.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #73

Welcome Finnegan. Glad to have you.

Question for other flexers....Do you guys use any of your 35 weekly allowance points? I am feeling a little down on myself because I dipped into my points three times this week. I am wondering how much this will affect my weightloss. I am sort of confused because I am figuring they give them to us to use but then it seems as though it has to slow our weightloss. Please Help
Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #74
lots of fun!

cakebatter - i usually use quite a few of my flex points throughout the week. if not most to all of them. they're definitely meant to use! i find i usually lose more weight when i use them than if i don't. and i feel much more satisfied try it out, see what works with your body.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #75
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
Welcome Finnegan. Glad to have you.

Question for other flexers....Do you guys use any of your 35 weekly allowance points? I am feeling a little down on myself because I dipped into my points three times this week. I am wondering how much this will affect my weightloss. I am sort of confused because I am figuring they give them to us to use but then it seems as though it has to slow our weightloss. Please Help
I use them a lot
some days i use 20 at a time
other days i use 1 or 2

they are there for using for a reason...

as for losing slowly... it's better to lose slowly and make this a lifestyle change.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.