3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Momentum / Flex

Flex Talk #14

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #46
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

shrinking: I just transitioned to living by myself in an apartment...and the cat definitely makes it better! that and cable tv...haha. I really don't mind it that much though

ifindhope: I'm in the same boat...it has been REALLY hard to stay on track during the summer with all the staying out all night, and ice cream and eating out more because it's too hot to cook!!

chey: i'm glad you noticed! haha

~well as for me, I weighed myself yesterday and it said 219, but I think it is because I only slept 5 hours and I am getting my period soon. I have been drinking a LOT lately because it is the summer and I don't have really any responsibilities during the summer. Last night, we went out drinking and then I ate a bunch of fried food for the first time in months and months, so I definitely didn't weigh myself today. Just struggling to stay on track lately...and definitely noticing that it is not healthy!

Mini Goal: 240 by September!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #47
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I've been totally MIA. Sorry for being so absent. I'm back, though, and ready to hop right in. I read through the old (now locked) thread to catch up.

First things first, congrats on your baby news, Mod! That's so fantastic. I know you were TTC for awhile so you must be really excited. I love the little baby ticker.

Jaime, I was glad to read you're all moved in to your apartment! Has Loki come around yet? I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated!

Faerie - Congrats on your engagement ring! It sounds beautiful. Any chance you can post some pictures? Congrats on crossing the 100lb mark! I know how fantastic that feels! I hope you find a way to celebrate (without food). Pedicure, a new outfit, something. Good luck with your goal of Onederland by the New Year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sonja - Good luck with your new start. It sounds like you just need a change to break you out of your cycle. You're awesome to sticking to your plan of not smoking.

Courtnie - I read your post about picture day in the office and couldn't help but laugh. You're not alone. I found out we all had to get new badge photos taken and I almost had a meltdown. My hair was pulled back, I didn't have time to shower that morning and the shirt I was wearing looked fine in person but I thought it would look awful in a picture. I ended up putting on my coat and scarf to look cuter--for my badge that no one will ever see. It was hilarious now that I think back on it. I'm sure you look fine in your photo.

rileyozzy - I have a DELICIOUS recipe for a gourmet yet light mac and cheese (also kid friendly) that is very filling and only 6 points per serving. If you planned to make it for dinner it would be a reasonable meal! I made it two weeks ago and we loved it so much that I made it again on Saturday. As Jaime would probably agree, the stormy day on Saturday was the perfect day for mac and cheese. Let me know if you--or anyone else--wants the recipe.

Chey - Here I am! Sweet of you to notice I have been missing. I can't believe your building was struck by lightening. That's wild!

I tried my best to keep track of notes but I did read everything. I've been thinking about your guys but I felt like I was in such a funk that I just never came around..

==================================

I've had a crazy few weeks. I went to visit my sister for her 30th birthday on the weekend of August 22nd. Food, wine, snacks, laughter, catching up, etc. I ended up gaining 1.2 pounds after that week. The following weekend I went home to Nova Scotia, Canada, to see my friends and family for the Labour Day weekend. I indulged, big time. I thought I did horrible but I think knowing I was going to have "bad" food kept me away from eating much of anything else throughout the day. I was also mindful of portions so even though I had some of Mum's yummy spaghetti and meatballs, I had only 1 cup of whole wheat pasta--cooked especially for me--and 1/2 cup sauce with only 1 meatball! I can't believe I did it. But I also had poutine, pizza with donair sauce, homefries from the chip wagon in town, fish and chips... the list goes on. More drinking, more laughter and more good times.

My downfall came on Sunday of Labour Day weekend in the afternoon. All the while I was home, I had to reintroduce myself to some people I ran into who didn't recognize me anymore. Most of them were really surprised and happy for me. It was nice. However, I went to the store where my Mom used to work and ran into a coworker of hers. I've known this lady since I was 7 years old. I said to her, "Hi, Alma!" and she looked at me blankly. I said, "You don't know who I am, do you?" and she shook her head no. So I said, "I'm LeeAnne. Donna's daughter." Her whole face took a turn, she looked me up and down and exclaimed, "Well holy God, look at you! You look great! You must have joined one of those miracle weight loss programs or something, did you?" I was very uncomfortable. I almost cried. It was, without a doubt, the most backhanded compliment I've received to date. I mean, I know I was overweight before.. but to call my new appearance a miracle just really hurt me. For the next two to three days, I ate everything in sight especially candy and chocolate. I'm not sure why but I felt really, really badly about myself after her comment. I vowed never to reintroduce myself to anyone ever again.

I was expecting a gain last week because of this and ended up losing 0.6. How the heck does that happen? I still feel a little badly about her comment. Not as reckless but still a bit.

Now this past weekend I survived the storm, had a gathering with some friends and baked my first pumpkin pie. I only had one piece. 1/8th of the pie. It was delicious with some FF Cool Whip! I'm trying my best to get back on track. I'm still in the 170's but hanging on by a thread. I'm hoping to turn around my attitude!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right and forget about those who don't. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

My progress pictures! ~*~*~ My 3FC blog!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #48

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!!

OK, I've moved. I officially live in my new place, no boyfriend, just me, the roommate and the kitten.
Things are going well. I managed to put up a shelf yesterday, which is really unlike me. Usually, I just think about putting up the shelf, and then try to use it while it's sitting on the ground. Or, perhaps I'll put it up, but do it all half-a*sed. Nope, this time, I borrowed a drill, bought the right screws and even used those little plastic anchors in the drywall. Today, it's on to the "art." And finish unpacking, hopefully.
Tomorrow, my roommate and I are going to a WW meeting together. It'll be a first for both of us, and we have both been doing the program online since January or so. Exciting!! And, I'm planning on going to a class at the gym tonight, though I'm sure it will kill me since it's been months since I officially "worked out."
Oh, and I joined TBL challenge here, for the first time! Yay!!

Suite -- sounds like you're really taking advantage of your new place! That is so great! Have you met any of your neighbors? And thanks for the clarification on VBAC...I didn't realize the "after cesaerean" was referencing a previous birth, and couldn't figure how one baby could get born twice.

Nessa -- hope your day of shopping and gaming was as fun as it sounds!

Riley - how'd SF go? I love that city...

Chey -- whoa, sounds like you're working really hard over there!! I imagine it's helpful that you now feel a bit more comfy in your skin when you go crawling around in tight spaces to wire things up!!

Tarah -- meetings are 13 for a drop in, or, you could do a monthly pass like Magz says. I'm planning on going to my very first meeting tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

Mag -- um, nope, not enough said! how was the reunion? I guess the "nuff said" bit had to do with going over points, but what about the rest of it? Hope it was fun!!

vday -- ah, yes, i remember now that you and i had in common that love of alcohol!! Hope you're able to shake those pounds off!!

S

Old 09-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #49
Starting Fresh

S/C/G: 215/201.6/130

Jamie - I make web sites for a living! Well that is the simple answer! haha I actually work for a pretty big web hosting company - where I work on, edit, maintain our website - my official title is 'content developer.' The concert I went and saw on Friday was.... Backstreet Boys! LOL Been 10 years since I saw them last... our seats were good, show was great. Not my fav band - but it was good.

LeeAnne - I think we all have our slips ups - but it sounds like you did not too bad! I bet your mom's friend really didn't mean it like that. Most people just don't think people can lose weight without a 'miracle.'

shrinkinglizzy - congrats on being in the new place!

My weekend was okay, eating was not too bad - could have been better. I had a few slices of pizza and some french fries... and I made a corn bread, lol. But over all it wasn't too bad - the scale was two pounds this morning... scale is ALWAYS up monday morning, but usually much more then two pounds and tom started yesterday so I think I did ok. The only bad thing, is while in Vegas it would seem I really did gain 5 or so pounds.. HOW I don't know. I am going to wait till Friday and take that weigh in and move my ticker. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #50
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

Nessa, where in FL does your dad live? I am in Jacksonville. Hannah missed us entirely, but we had a week of bad weather from Fay.

Stephanie

Started Weight Watchers 7/15/2008
Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #51
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

shopping was great found out the girls went from 48DDD to 40D! got all new bras (and matching panties size 14/16 at Lane Bryant) and some dresses and pants...

gaming was fun even if i did lose 3 games of St. Petersburg.

dad lives in Boca Raton...
added Points August, 2008
Having RNY September 22, 2009
Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #52

Height: 5'7"

nessa - Oooh, how is St Petersburg? I have San Juan and Puerto Rico - St Petersburg sounded very similar to those two. Is it fun? Congrats on the smaller clothes

Courtnie - The Backstreet Boys?!? I didn't know they were even around still!

Sonja - Ha, yeah, no babies being born twice. That is just kind of creepy. WTG on the shelf, I know that seems insignificant, but I am impressed! I mean, we don't have art up yet... and we've been moved for two weeks... Way to show initiative!

LeeAnne - Wow, you've been busy! It sounds like you had a great time with your friends. I can see why you were hurt by that comment your mom's friend made, but really it reflects more on her than you - on her assumptions, on her inability to recognize what hard work you've put into this journey. I'd say it is a good indicator of how far you've come, that people are just so at a loss when they see you

vday -

Magz - Have fun at the reunion!

Tarah - I don't know how much registration is ($30 something), they often have promotions where you can waive the registration fee, which is how I joined. Monthly pass is $39.99/mo, gets you all the online eTools and you can go to as many meetings per month as you want. This is what I do. Depending on your location if you want to pay for meetings individually they are $10 to $12 each. I highly recommend meetings, and if you don't like your leader, go find another meeting until you find one you click with, it's important!

Chey - Yikes, you are buried in work! I hope that gets settled soon - and I will wish nicer weather for you! And yes, high school english teacher is near the top of my list of things to potentially do with my life when I am ready to make the change I am scared of committing to it though, as I said - I am afraid of spending all this time and money on an ed program only to teach for a year and discover I hate it. I have trouble making up my mind

I am having one of those hungry days... I've had breakfast and lunch and a snack and I am resisting tearing into my afternoon snack prematurely, lest I not make it the rest of the day! I am trying to quell it with water but it is not working... Bleh. I totally overdid it this weekend, too, so I am not sure what is up with the hunger. Not a whole lot going on, spent the weekend playing Settlers of Catan with the husband and knitting (he takes a long time to finish his turn, so I was able to get a good chunk of a row finished while waiting for him to go). I am now halfway done with the baby blanket... and my sister is due middle of next week! Must... knit... faster!

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #53
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

Hello Ladies!! How is everyone.

Jaime-congrats on the move and getting unpacked

Nessa-I hope your dad has weathered all these storms that we have had.

Courtnie--Love the Backstreet Boys!! I am all about the boybands! I will never forget the time we went to see N'sync and were the oldest people there.

I have been totally slammed the past few weeks at work and therefore not focusing on eating right. We had a brush with Tropical Storm Fay and had 3 days off work in result. Lots of rain and wind, flooded streets and being a large city with a huge river running through the middle, we have lots of bridges. When the winds gust over a certain MPH they close the bridges so we felt stranded for days with no where to go and most everything closing. Everything cleared up and we prepared for Hannah that, thankfully for us, verred east and missed us completely--sorry for you folks up north that got it.

I have not been to a meeting in a few weeks, the last 2 times I went my leader was not there and I heard someone say she was not coming back. She was so much fun and I really bonded with her and it is very hard to find the motivation to go back and bond with another. But I need to realize I am only hurting myself doing this. I need to get back on track and need that swift kick in the rear.

Someone mentioned earlier about Chirstmas and it just made me realize that our Holiday party is only 3 months out and my BF (we have a long distance relationship) will be back for my party and i will be traveling to Chicago for New Years I would like to drop a few more pounds before then.

Well I am off to get some work done, I hope everyone has a great week, I will be back at the gym tomorrow.

Stephanie

Started Weight Watchers 7/15/2008
Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #54
ONEderland here I come!

Jamie, I love st petersburg.... not a long game either... the other friends were playing a cutthroat game of Carcazone... not a game I like.

DO you play Ticket to Ride?

are you going to Euroquest in Rockville next week?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #55

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Hi, LeeAnne! I’m sorry that comment was so hurtful. Sometimes people just don’t understand the hard work that goes into this!

S, congrats on getting all moved! It’s very exciting to get a new place all set up!

Nessa, that’s awesome! Yay for new bras and panties!

Definitely ate too much at the family reunion. It was fun I guess. We play bingo every year, but Zach just isn’t quite old enough to play so he was bored…and tired. Not a good mix in a three year old

Today my inlaws are coming for two days. Wish me luck. Their visits are never filled with healthy food. My fil is way over weight and in poor health (he’s had 2 or 3 heart attacks) but doesn’t seem to care. Whatever. Anyway…I’ll do my best not to smack anyone the next two days :X.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #56
ONEderland here I come!

ok here's my story

my low weight on friday was 211.8 WOW

saturday night I ate oreo cheesecake
Sunday I had pizza for dinner (and nuts for snack)
Monday I had pizza for dinner (that one was planned)
today my weight is 212.6

AND I'M NOT UPSET....

tomorrow is weigh in. I am afraid i will show a gain but it's mostly water and such...
Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #57
lots of fun!

thanks for the info everyone. 39.99 a month is less than i thought it would be.. prob cause i was thinking 13 a drop in x 4-5 = 52-65 bucks..

i think i may just look into beginning to attend meetings. we shall see.

but regardless the support here is still fantastic
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #58
ONEderland here I come!

i'm paying the 40 per month for the monthly pass... i love the etools... i guess i could do 3 months online with etools but i like the getting weighed at class.

i go tonite for my second weigh in (third if you count the first day)

MY scale at home shows another loss this week... not sure if the scale at the meeting will.... i wore the same jeans as i always do but i weigh at home naked in the morning and as said before, they frown on that at meetings...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #59

S/C/G: 193/183/165

Leeanne, I am really sorry to hear about that comment. I truly know how that feels first-hand. I went to a superbowl party at an ex-boyfriends and one of his friend told "Good Lord you must have lost about 100 pounds. You Look Good. You were waaaaay bigger than that". That statement was the ABSOLUTE worst compliment (if you call it that) I ever received. I had only lost about 30 pounds. It hurt and I totally understand what you mean.,,. But what I did do was take the compliment as a hint that I must have REALLY changed.

Hello te everyone else. I have been reading the thread from the very beginning to get to know everyone.

I having a "I want to eat" mornign. I am not hungry and I have had my breakfast but I am bored or something. I can't stray from the thought of snacking....HELP PLEASE!!!

On a brighter note I weigh-in for the second time tomorrow and I am excited about that becasue I gained 18 activity points this week so far and I only used 3 flex points....most days I have had ALL my activity intact unused. Been trying really hard not to use them. Anyway my first weigh-in was 7.2 and I am curious to see what tomorrow will bring. I know not 7 but I am praying for 2 at least.

What are you guys plan for the weekend? My BF wants to go dancing> I love dancing but I also love to have drinks with that. And drinks are so high in points. Maybe I'll use a few flex points for that.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #60

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Everybody-

I've been away for way too long. I really need to sit and catch up with all that I missed for the last month++. I've been in a rut for a while, thought I was doing what I needed to do, funny how the mind works, you can trick it into thinking you are, but........the scale doesn't lie. I've lost and gained the same 5lbs for the last couple of months. Time to get serious again!!! I'm also trying to get back into visiting here more often. I did have alot of sucess when I would chat with all of you. Missed you all...

I will catch up on all that I missed, but I did read through a bit of this thread. so happy to be back.

-Onderland-12/23/09

Blue Team

February 1st
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.