Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Lizzy we were simulposting... hang in 3 days is the nicotine threshold after that it's just habit.

sorry about the binging... that's frustrating... i wish i knew what to tell you. for me when something clicks it just clicks... maybe you need to focus on quitting smoking and not beat yourself up about food right now?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Yay day 3!!!! One day at time. For everything. The quitting smoking, the moving, the job hunting. I know it feels like everything has to get done right this very second, but you just have to do the next thing on the list (as someone wiser than I has said before ). And of course, "This too shall pass."

I'm very excited for you that you'll be living with a fellow WWer. I hope you guys are able to keep eachother on track.

Last edited by Lovely; 09-05-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #18  
Made of Starstuff

Nessa - Ha ha! Thanks. I think I will buy the pants. ...Mmmmmm.... sushi... I love Alaska rolls. You have a favorite?
That breakfast sounds really yummy. I love Apple Butter when it's NSA. Just all natural Apple Butter... so good. Reminds me of one of my favorite things to do with Apple Butter... mix it with Butternut squash! It's been awhile so I'd have to redo the points on it, and I don't know whether or not it's a Beach friendly food. But, you chunk up some butternut squash, add a cup of NSA Apple Butter, bake at like 275F for about an hour. You can then either mash it or serve as chunked. It's autumny & just a little sweet. Of course, one can always add butter & oil if they want to make it richer, but I like it without just as fine.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #19  
ONEderland here I come!

oh yes that's beachy (phase 2) and sounds yummy. I have to go find more NSA apple butter. usually we get it at the amish market that's over 2 hours away and only open on Fridays but i think I can get some Tap N Apple at one of the local stores!

actually the cottage cheese and apple butter are fine. for me the big splurge was the english muffin.. we can have whole grains only so this is not whole grain but it was SO GOOD and I've missed them so much...
Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

vday - welcome back!

nessa - congrats on the fantastic loss!

sonja - Hurray for non smokery! One thing at a time. It sounds like you are tackling a lot, don't expect all the pieces of your life to fall into place at once. You wouldn't expect it of someone else, give yourself the same leeway.

Courtnie - Glad the photo thing turned out ok in the end - I see how you could be frustrated though.

Faerie - I've seen recipes for milkshakes like that using powdered milk and cocoa powder - you always want to put an oil in there as an emulsifier, it's what makes it creamy and helps it not separate once it's out of the blender. I tried the smoothie mixes once upon a time and enjoyed them while I had them. Good fiber in them too.

I feel like I've been really busy this whole week but really... I haven't been... So I don't know why I haven't posted in so long I'm really kind of annoyed right now that this sore throat I have has been sticking around for two weeks now - ever since we moved into the new place. It's gotten better, it's gotten worse, it's just hung around... I am starting to think it's stress-related as whenever something crops up that stresses me out it comes back full force. Then again it could be something viral and when I get stressed my immune system takes a hit and it comes back... It's been like a rollercoaster ever since moving, with just one thing after another to worry about. I also think DH and I are entering the "honeymoon is over" phase of our marriage so that doesn't help either

I am letting my job dissatisfaction get the best of me again too, and am starting to try to think about what I can do after this. I have two ideas so far - go back to school for education, or start my own business. Going back to school scares me because it's such a huge financial investment, and it could turn out like my Master's in english - I could end up hating it and wishing I hadn't wasted my time. But then again, being a high school english teacher has been something I want to do since forever, and I just haven't been confident enough in myself to pursue that. Starting a business scares the crap out of me too, I would try to pursue a kind of personal chef type thing but where I prepare a certain number of meals for a client and freeze/refrigerate them, then deliver - not like camp out in someone's kitchen and cook there. There is so much involved in either path. I am just sitting here thinking, why not go do something I actually want to do? Why try to find another job just for the sake of having a job? I mean, if I just apply to stuff that's available, what is that going to ever get me except a job and a paycheck? Where will the satisfaction be in that?

Ahh, I think I'm having my quarter-life crisis, right on time

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 09-05-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #21  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Faerie - I make smoothies myself! I use some or all of some of the following:

FitSmart Vanilla Shake protein powder (1)
Spinach (0) - I just add this cuz it is good for you, can't taste it
Frozen fruit, especially berries! (1-2)
Fresh Fruit if it is over ripe (I like my fresh fruit barely ripe!)
Water
Flax Seed (1)
1-2TBSP frozen orange juice (1-2)

I don't always add the protein powder or the flax seed - it is always so good and different every time and FILLED with super foods! I think I am going to have to try the oil (another superfood!).... oh magic bullet how i love thee...

shrinkinglizzy - I live in BC - we don't get much snow here. Lots of snow here is like 4 inches and everything shuts down! LOL There might be.... 2-5 "bad" days a year. I did think about that though, and figure we don't get enough for it to be a big problem. Actually this year near the end up April we woke up to like 2 feet of snow IT WAS CRAZY! and all gone the next day, haha.

Jamie - I do agree that you have to enjoy your job. Really you spend more time at your job then at home! I don't know if I love my job as much as I used to, but I still really enjoy it. Like you going back to school scares me! Good luck!

So it is Friday! I am going to a concert tonight so I hope when we go for dinner I can make some good choices! Going to try and be on track this weekend. Enough goofing around. Last year when I went to my boyfriend's Christmas I got a lot of "oh my god... is that you?" looks from people I used to work with / went to school with etc. I remember this one guy looked at me and was like "I didn't even recognize you! You look fantastic!" Since then... I have gained 10-15 pounds, not sure HOW (honestly, its not like I haven't been trying) - but I did - so I need to get at least that off by xmas. I would like to get 30 and wear a nice black dress and shock everyone again... haha. 30 is too hopefully I think... maybe 20. Even then with the way things have been going that seems like a shot in the dark! Meh, least I am in a better mood today then yesterday morning! haha

Last edited by sotypical; 09-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

ok don't hate me.

second night in a row i didn't finish my points.

i had a huge sushi lunch and i counted 15 points (could be more even) and i still have 7 points left and it's after 8 and i'm not hungry... well i'm getting there....
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Faerie, you must go out and get new exercise pants right now. That’s an order .

S, great job! Day 3 and counting!!! Good luck getting done with the packing by Sunday. I’m such a procrastinator I’m usually still packing while the guys are packing the truck lol. Just get through the weekend and things will get easier.
Nessa, have you tried making your own apple butter? http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/All-Day...-2/Detail.aspx That’s not NSA but I’m sure it can be modified! I have days that I don’t finish my points either. Seems silly to eat something high points right before bed just so you can say you ate them all lol.

Jaime, I’m sorry you’re still battling that sore throat! I hope it goes away quickly. Blah. Girl, go for it…if you think it’s time to do something different then take that leap! You’ll never know how it’ll turn out if you don’t JUMP. At least look into what it would take to open that business. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I’m plugging away. I’ve had a great week! I’ve not gone over on points once. I don’t usually eat my activity points and I save my flex points for the weekend (but I try not to eat them at all). I’m hoping to have a good weekend so I can have a good weigh in Monday morning. I saw 196 this morning…I hope it sticks!!! Even if it doesn’t I feel so much better after just a few days of being OP.

Nothing else exciting going on in my life lol. I feel like I worked a ton this week. Now I need to catch up on my sleep.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #24  
ONEderland here I come!

Magz you and i have similar stats.... I started at 286 on my scale and i'm at 211 on my scale now... (my ww weigh in is with clothes and at night so it's higher) and i'm barely 5'3" you've done great

i did end up eating a salad with slamon and then a fudge pop (it's one point and it's my nightly treat most nights)

i found tap n apple at shoppers it's perfect and i'm to busy and lazy to cook more than i have to!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #25  
Made of Starstuff

Hey hey hey Everyone!

Happy Saturday! Happy Saturday-which-I-happen-to-have-to-work-and-it's-all-raining-and-tropical-stormy-outside-and-my-basement-is-flooding-that's-right-the-basement-where-I'm-staying-for-the-next-month!

So thanks to all who told me to get those new exercise pants! I did! I took my brother out so he could practice his driving last night, and our mom gave us some small Target gift cards just for fun. So we went out to the mall. I found a pair of Champion exercise pants there. They were XXL, but I don't care! I'm a little... weirded out that I can actually buy clothing at a normal store. Even if it's the biggest size they carry, I really, really don't care. Because, before, at size 24, the best I could do was a pair of men's sweatpants. And even that was a "maybe".

So, I happened to spend a little more than the little gift card my mom gave me. I got the exercise pants, the running shorts. Then I picked up a cute argyle green sweater >_>, and a blue sweater that hangs down to my thighs. (Winter is coming up, right? ) I need a few new winter clothes anyway.

I'm about to purge most of my 22/24's from my waredrobe. I've been wearing many of them, still. Plus size clothes are expensive as we all know, and for awhile some of them didn't really look that bad, and why get rid of perfectly functional clothing? But, I was wearing one of my usual 22/24 shirts to work one day, and I had to keep adjusting it, and when I walked past a mirror, I looked dumpy. I decided then that I must reaccess my 22/24's. Get rid of anything that makes me look dumpy. Give it to charity. Afterall... I don't think I can get away with wearing 22/24 shirts all the way down to goal. As much as that would be nice so I didn't have to spend as much money.

I'm going away to MA for the week (did I mention this? Oh well, it's on my mind) to help the fiancé pack & move. And to get some schtuff done and all that. I'm going to a WW meeting while up there so that I don't miss a week. I'm also participating in the 3FC Biggest Loser contest Fun stuff! Today's the last day to sign up. And then tomorrow up to the 13th we give our starting weight numbers. And then yay! Biggest Loser Challenge fun begins.

Suite - I'm sorry to hear you're still having throat issues. I have to laugh about that quarter life crisis. No no no not to be mean, but because I hear you so well. Totally going through some similar issues. "What do I want to do with my life???" And the options, and the fear... it's paralyzing. Maybe it's the fear of choosing something else that I'll hate... but I think it's a little like weight loss. I won't know until I give it an honest try. And if it doesn't work, well I've got some experience, and it's on to the next thing! As I've said, I'm planning on going back to school this winter. (Time to get my degree) But, what to major in? Do I do a liberal arts for a well-rounded education? Do I choose what I'd really like? (Arts & Illustration.) Do I go for something that could possibly make me a decent paycheck at the end of the day? Do I choose something that could have a world impact? I'm not saying each appeals to me, but they're options and they have to be considered. I understand about job dissatisfaction like we're long lost twins. Just this scratchy, uncomfortable longing: "I could be doing... more."

Courtnie - That smoothie sounds great! I hope the concert & dinner was fun I can see you reasonably getting off at least 15 in time for xmas. But, I bet you'll look smashing no matter what! Glad to see you're feeling a bit better.

Nessa - How could we hate you?! Unless you don't share your extra points with the class

Magz - That's wonderful being OP. It's just a great feeling, isn't it? I hope the 196 sticks as well!

I wish everyone a magical weekend!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #26  
ONEderland here I come!

Faerie, you might be close to me we are at the leading edge of Hanna right now...
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #27  
Made of Starstuff

Nessa - We might as well be neighbors as far as Hanna is concerned, but I live in CT. (And will be moving to MA next month.)
Old 09-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #28  
ONEderland here I come!

ah i'm a road warrior anything on the east coast is close to me!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #29  
Made of Starstuff

Nessa - You travel often? Where do you like to go?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #30  
ONEderland here I come!

we go to PA and VA a lot...
i'm planning a trip to Kansas City in the spring to hang out with another group of online friends (stepmoms)
I go down to florida to see daddy sometimes
and i want to move to NC!
Closed Thread