Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #1  

Height: 4' 10"

Default Am I losing too fast?

Today marks my first month with WW. I'm doing it on my own. I have had 3 big losses in a row now. My first week was 3 lbs, but then I lost 5 lb., 6.2 and now 7 this week. Now I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and I can't help what falls off my butt, but do you think I'm losing too fast? Is this normal? I thought after a couple of weeks that you usually only lost around 2 a week. Please know that I'm NOT complaining!

~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Dolly -
We all lose at different rates. Much of it having to do with our starting weight. I know that I was losing a good average of 3lbs a week when I first began. While what you're losing does seem a bit on the higher side, I don't really see a reason to be too concerned as long as you are eating all your points, getting in your 8 healthy guidelines, and exercising. Go with the losing streak while it lasts.

PS - One possibility (and I don't mean to burst a bubble) is that your scale is a little out of whack. Is your scale working properly?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #3  

I weigh in at the Dr.'s office and wear the same clothes every week.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

to what Faerie said. As long as you are honestly eating all of your daily points and trying your best to get the 8 healthy guidelines in, just take it as it comes for now! If you start feeling ill or tired or off for any reason, it'd be good to check in with a doctor if the fast weight loss continues, but otherwise, it should even out eventually.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #5  

Ok, I feel so stupid! I thought I had lost 7 lbs. this morning, but I actually just lost 1 lb. I had in my head the total from two weeks ago when I weighed in. Chalk it up to old age......good thing I wrote down last weeks total or I would have kept thinking that I'd lost 7.

So sorry, please disregard the question!

~Dolly
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Dolly - Hey, one pound is a great loss, too!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote