Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Been MIA

Hello everyone. I've been MIA here for quite some time 10-12 weeks??? Anyhow, I've been plateauing. I get within 3 lbs of goal then go back up to 5 lbs away. I finally got a note from the doctor stating that where I'm at (150) is good for me, so I should be happy, right? Nope. I feel like I'm cheating at this whole weight loss thing. I mean if I can't get to my goal weight of 146, I shouldn't be allowed to maintain, right? LOL! My mind is not my friend through this whole weight loss ordeal. Anyhow, I just really felt the need to pop in and see what all of your thoughts were on this and to try to get my head on straight about it. I mean 4 lbs should just be easy to get through after making it this far, don't you think? I'm so confused.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Kim So good to see you again. I'd been pretty MIA, too for 8 weeks. I'm just now getting back into things.

At least give the note to WW so you don't have to keep paying each week. Then decide on your own whether or not the 4 pounds are worth it. (You are so close!)

Maybe give maintaining at 150 an honest try for a month. Instead of continually trying to lose.

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I've seen numerous people around the boards say that the instant they started to just maintain their weight, it started coming off again. Perhaps it is something about not stressing about your weight combined with eating slightly more. I'd do as Faerie suggested - tell your WW people you are at goal so you can do the whole Lifetime/not paying thing and get the maintenance info, then work on maintaining. See how you feel when your mind has a chance to catch up to your body!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Paint! I can't believe I missed this thread! Good grief! Please don't stay away for so long again!!! I have missed your mushroom and horse stories!

I have been thinking about what I will do when I hit the dreaded plateau. What I have come up with it to give in and work on maintenance when that happens for a while and then stir stuff up on a re-start. If my body wants to stick around a certain weight and I don't, I will have to listen to my body. I just don't want to start gaining..
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/261/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey Kim, just wanted to stop in and wish you good luck!
Tifferanknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #6  
Kim

Thanks everyone. I went down a little this week, but now I'm anticipating a gain next week since that seems to be how my body is corrupting my weight losses! I guess only time and perserverence will tell.

Hey Chey, mushroom season is over for me for the year, but I just got back from Wyoming. I rode a Mustang on a Poker Run. It was awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wyoming 050.jpg (26.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Kim, a LOT of us were MIA for a while With me, my goal was 162. I'd been down to 152 before, but was never able to maintain it. 164 is the top of the healthy range for me. But you know what? I settled in at 166 and was able to maintain that without journaling at all. I just made healthy choices and ate when I was hungry. After about 6 months I decided not to fight it any more. What was the point? I was so easily maintaining at 166 and it seemed to be where my body wanted to be. Maybe that is just how it is for you too.

BTW I love the pic! I was going to go horseback riding with my brother and SIL (I've only been once when I was really young), but then I found out I'm pregnant so it will have to wait until next year!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #8  
Kim

Mod, I agree with you. It feels useless to fight it. I, like you, am maintaining without documenting. I think this is just where I'm suppose to be. I'm not going to quit trying, but I'm okay with it if I stay here. Heck, it took a lot of work to get this far, I don't want to sabotage what I've done.

Ohhhhhh, a baby! How awesome! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

seriously, it really seems like all the familiar faces are apologizing for being away -- makes me feel like i probably didn't miss as much as i'd feared while i was gone!
as for the weight, i would do the maintenance thing. wait for your head to catch up, and relax on yourself! i'm kind of in the same place -- 5 lbs away from goal, but not currently counting or journaling, and i just want to stop thinking about it so much.
good luck! hope to see you lots!
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote