Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #61  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy! So good to see you posting again I'm glad things went so well while you were at camp. And congrats on the weight loss

Suite - Yay! Yay for fun gaming meet-ups. And smart thinking in bringing that game. I can't believe the organizer wouldn't even show... Oh well! Maybe you're destined to be the new organizer What game was it that your brought, anyways?

Last edited by Lovely; 08-21-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #62  
Made of Starstuff

Default Friday!!!!!

Good & Happy Morning Flexers!

Woot! The weekend, and coming towards the end of August Lovely!

My friend and I are thinking of having a little book exchange/club with eachother. He lent me Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z a book about the Zombie War on Earth. So, I'm not sure what you're thinking right now. Either I really like horror, or this is some sort of joke. Yes, and... sort of. They're incredible books. First of all, they're fictional books that base their information in a world where zombies actually do exist in our reality. How would we handle their invasion? The Survival Guide is just that. Zombies attack, what do you do now? The World War Z is written from the perspective of a post-war journalist documenting the stories of people around the world. While the thought of zombies invading is humorous, and the Survival Guide is a little more tongue-in-cheek, the stories from World War Z are raw, powerful, and they paint the story of world-wide panic very convincingly. Either way! It's not for everyone, but it was right up my alley. So. With that, we decided we should exchange more books. I think the first one I'm going to throw his way is The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

I'll be driving up to MA this weekend. We'll be having dinner with his father, and I'll be able to finally give him the vase I got him from India. We're planning a couple of light walks. So I'll be able to up my exercise (yay!).

I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

Sonja - I am very happy to see you back, girl! Glad to hear you had a great time at camp. And hurray for unintentional weight loss, that's the best kind

Faerie - I brought San Juan, which people generally aren't familiar with. Its bigger brother, Puerto Rico, tends to be more widely known (though I think SJ is far better). It's a Rio Grande game, they also do St. Petersburg and Carcassonne... If you haven't heard of any of those, I give up We are going to play Castle Risk next time, which is a Risk variant I've never tried...

I've heard of those zombie books, but haven't read them. Let me know how you enjoy them, I might have to pick them up! I've also never gotten into the Dark Tower series though I tried, once, when I was 10 or 12. I went on this rather long kick once I graduated of reading as much silly, mindless literature as I could, and it was fun, but now I am going back and exploring other novels by authors I encountered in school.

Anyway, I am rambling

Woke up with a headache this morning for no identifiable reason... Had to show the apartment to a bunch of people yesterday who were expecting to find a 2 bedroom apt when in fact it is only a 1 bedroom (the landlord had listed it wrong)... Have to re-do a project I finished yesterday because my editor decided not to tell me what he actually wanted from me until I had finished it... Moving this weekend! Too much life happening!

Hope everyone enjoys their Fridays.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #64  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - My brother is a little more of a board game person than I am, I'll ask him if he's heard of those. Castle Risk... now that sounds cool! I just finished the Zombie books. I loved them. Well written. If you ever feel like taking a break from reading all those "real" books I do recommend them.

Hope that headache clears up. And I hope your moving goes as smooth as is possible! At least it's an excuse to work up a little bit of a sweat, right?

Quote:
Too much life happening!
What?! NEVAAAA!!!! Enjoy the ride!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Hello all! I'm going to jump right in and start chatting as well.

I start school again on Monday, and the geek that I am can't wait! I love my major (Criminology) so much that I can not wait until I get to go into the field full time. I've also been looking into grad schools and law schools. I had a phone interview with Boston University yesterday and I think it went well. I have the qualifications for it I just need to get two really strong letters of recommendation, which hopefully I can get! My boss (who's a lawyer) is trying to get me an intership at the CP3, which is the prosecutors office in MD. I hope that I get it because I want to gain field work.

Other then that not too much has been happening. Typical job stress when you what a child with a duel diagnosis, at some point I wonder if it's because he can't help it or if he really is a pain in the behind.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #66  
Made of Starstuff

Heya Meagan I hope the start of school is fantastic. Criminology is so interesting. Best of luck with Boston University!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #67  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I just honestly wasn't focusing on my weight at all. In fact, I was maintaining VERY well, without even having to journal.

Also... I found out today... I'm pregnant! I found out REALLY early. Because of my medication, I needed to get the blood test (way before I missed a period) in order to go off it ASAP. Actually I was tested Tuesday and the result was "borderline" so I acted as if it was positive and went right off my meds. Went and got tested again yesterday and this morning got the positive result. I'm very excited!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #68  
Made of Starstuff

Congratulations Mod!!!! So exciting!

I hope you'll keep us updated ^_^
Old 08-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #69  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Faerie! I will keep you updated. Actually, I've been thinking I need to start paying more attention to what I'm eating to make sure I get enough veggies, calcium, etc. I may start journaling again just to be able to do that. I'm planning on taking lots of belly pics too so I will have to post those as they come along!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #70  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It been a long time since I posted on this board,Hows every one doing on the flex???? I'm still on the Core Plan,and even if my weights going down slowly I feel its the right plan for me.

Have a question for you,does anyone know the point value of fair foods such as sugar waffles ???

I can't find it on the WW site and those one of you gal must know the answer.

Hugs
Old 08-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Congrats Mod! That's great news!

Thanks Faerie! I'm not sure if I want to go to BU, but it is on my list of tops schools...it also doesn't hurt that next year I'm moving to Massachusetts.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Mod, CONGRATULATIONS! How incredibly exciting!

I'm a slacker. I'm reading, just not posting. The Olympics are keeping me busy lol. Work, gym, Olympics. That seems to be my life these days. I haven't even been reading! For me that is major .

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #73  
GmaTo8

Congratulations, Mod!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Hi Ladies

It been a long time since I posted on this board,Hows every one doing on the flex???? I'm still on the Core Plan,and even if my weights going down slowly I feel its the right plan for me.

Have a question for you,does anyone know the point value of fair foods such as sugar waffles ???

I can't find it on the WW site and those one of you gal must know the answer.

Hugs
We call them funnel cakes... according to WW web site on the visitors section with their "danger zone" food list, they are 12 points! YIKES! But, man - they sure are good! I googled funnel cake WW points and was give that as the number one hit..

Congrats Mod! Very awesome news!

Megan.. so you will be starting full time? Will you still be a nanny or was that just for the summer? You are doing so well..
Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,
Glad to see i'm not the only one neglecting the boards. Funny thing is that I've lost the last few pounds without thinking about it, and now i'm afraid to start thinking about it. However, considering the changes in my lifestyle, I certainly can't expect the rest of the weight to just melt off (gained 2 lbs already since I've been home!). I guess it's time to make weight loss a focus!

I'm considering starting to attend meetings, but not sure yet. And luckily, I'm moving in with a girl who is doing WW and has lost 20 lbs! So, that should be a good support.

Anyway, I'm off to go babysit for the day.

Mod -- CONGRATS!! That is so wonderful!!

Meagan -- Good luck with whatever you do with your career!!

Beach -- yum, funnel cakes...

Faerie and Suite -- hi!! I don't really know what your gaming conversation is all about, so I won't try to join in on that. Just saying WASSSSSUUUUP!!
Closed Thread