Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Default It is 9:45 p.m. Do you know where your water bottle is?

Only 40 oz today.. bad me.

20 more oz. to go before bed in 15 minutes. Already planning on getting up at 3 a.m.

Just thought I would share. I am in that kinda mood.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #2  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I have a bad habit of avoiding water like the plauge! I drink way too much soda and I've recently decided not to buy it anymore.
I think it's working... I've only had ONE 20oz bottle of Diet Mt. Dew today. I have had 4 20oz bottles of water with crystal light or propel packets in them.
One thing I've noticed is that I am so not getting enough h2o in my system EVER. I use to only drink soda. But I'm still bad... The other day I only had 2, yes two, 20oz bottles of water with crystal light in it.
So today I've seen the bathroom more than ever before! Btw-- I've realized it's in dire need of a good hard scrubbing! ew...not looking forward to doing that!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I used to drink only coffee. 1 or 2 pots a day. Sometimes I'd have iced tea, or diet pop and rarely, I'd have water. I was tired, and apathetic, and stupidly, DIDN'T know why!!! Now I drink enough water, and way less coffee. Good for you for policing your water intake!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I got my 2L in yesterday! Today I am working from home and getting my water in at home is tough. I'll just have to keep reminding myself, "what would Chey do?"
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #5  

Chey would drink 20 oz of water in 15 minutes prior to going to bed and leave the light on in the bathroom so she wouldn't stub her toe running (actually skipping and a few hops with crossed legs ehem... ) to it at 3 a.m. in the morning!!!!

Today is much better. I got my three 20 oz bottles in today before 3 p.m. and managed to drink a V-8 with my breakfast oatmeal (thanks Suite) AND a diet root beer for supper. Now I am sipping on my last 20 ounces for the day.. lol
Old 07-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #6  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I fill up my 33 ounce bottle 3 times for the day. I can't have a soda unless I've finished 2 bottles. But the trick to getting so much in is to drink water WITH your coffee or whatever. I'm forever dragging a water bottle and a coffee mug around (and looking for the bathroom).

Good job today!!
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I have been trying to be better about getting more water in again. I had gotten very bad about it. I was drinking way too much diet soda, and coffee in the morning.

Here's my question. I've heard many, many mixed reports about how much water one "should" drink in a day.

The WW recommendation for the healthy guidelines is 6-8 oz. servings. That's what? 48 oz.

But I've seen recommendations of 8-10 8 oz. servings. And I've read stories about super-hydrating.

But my MiL, who is an RN (BSN actually), and is also on WW, has cautioned me against drinking TOO much water. She sticks to 6-8 servings. Her reasoning is because some people who have super-hydrated have ended up in the hospital with kidney damage and other serious problems because they flushed away too many electrolytes. She works in the ICU/CCU unit at their hospital, and has for about 33 years. She just completed her Bachelor's in '03, I think, and has workshops and trainings regularly to keep up.

So, what's right? How much water should we really be getting? It's very confusing to me. I used to shoot for 8-10 servings. Now I shoot for the 6 in the WW guidelines, but when I'm good, I often drink more than that.

Thanks!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

There is always going to be conflicting information about what we "should" and "should not" do. It is true that one can drink too much water, and become seriously ill or even die (in extreme cases) because of it. However, I don't think that you have much to worry about in the 6-10 glasses a day range.

The WW recommendation is 6-8, so 48 to 64 oz per day. I would just go by that recommendation and not worry about the "maybe you should be getting in 10!" people. Chances are if you are regularly drinking 6-8 per day and eating healthy foods like fruits and vegetables, your body is plenty hydrated.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #9  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

I just read an American Medical Association article on this very subject. The AMA recommends you drink 1/2 ounce for every pound of your weight, so if you weigh 200 pounds your should be drinking 100 ounces a day, increase by 8 ounces for every 15 minutes of strenuous exercise. So just some more statistics to add to the mix

Stephanie
steph0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #10  

To add to the confusion... lol

I believe that if you space your water intake throughout the day, there shouldn't be a problem if you drink more than 6 or 8 8 oz glasses per day. I think that the super-hydration issue is when you drink that much is a very very short time. I remember in the news a year or so ago that a radio station had a water drinking contest and the winner died because she drank so many ounces within a very short span of time. (I think within an hour??)

What I do know, for me, if I don't get in a minimum of 3-20 oz bottles a day I don't do as well during the week for loss AND I don't feel as energetic.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Thanks, ladies . I think I'll try to stay in the 6-10 servings range.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote