Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #1  

Smile pre-WI pep talk !!

hey all! im feeling a little gushy, and would like to share!! (sorry if this would fit better elsewhere) ahem: sooo this all started because i lost 2.4 lbs last week and i was hoping to see around a lb drop this week and next so i could go into the 4th of july grill/lake/beeeer weekend with a big fat smile. but WIs today, and im getting a little anxious. so i wanted to write this to remind myself that 1. i am growing and learning and changing through all this and that is so much and 2. WIs aren't everything when your muscles are bending and changing (and hoarding water) and 3. slow loss or no loss and even gain is good work regardless.

things i am proud of:
  • 21 activity points!! hot damn!! i had no idea that was even possible...
  • 5 days of working out!! ditto!!
  • trying new things at the gym - BOSU ball class (which was... interesting)

things i have learned:
  • when i work out - i n e e d to E A T. i ate all my WPA and all my APs...
  • repeat lesson - the scale freaking fluctuates (and is possibly broken) STOP peeking! its only upsetting... obviously.
  • life takes work! adding so much gym time this week took time from cooking/groceries/planning. i can only do so much in 7 free hours a day.

things i want to remember next week:
  • this is about ME and no one else - not a boy i like... or a boy i DONT, not my competitive friend who makes me feel like we're in a secret contest, not an impossibly perfect body
  • sleep long and hard and eat breakfast!! this morning i made stir fry and a tilapia fillet!! whatever works, right??
  • stay OP! it makes all the difference!

this is already a stupidly long post, but AHH! i really needed to get all that out there! thanks for reading if you made it this far... the wknd is soooo close friends!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #2  
lots of fun!

i loved that. keep up the AWESOME mind-set
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

I LOVE reading posts like this... everyone learns something different from this journey we are on and it is always good to get each others thoughts. I love your attitude. I have one of those competitive friends. I need to ignore her subtle competitiveness more haha.

Keep up the good work... and good luck on the 4th! I have a couple BBQ/Beer parties to go to... I hope I can stay strong and not drink!
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

That was awesome! It cheered me up, and my WI isn't until next Tuesday. Those are the thoughts I need to keep in my head! Good job!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #5  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

That is what I needed! My WI is tomorrow and I am feeling bad about it already! I do the same thing you just did on "paper" in my head all the time. It does seem to help!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #6  
weight watching

I loved the post too! Something we all should think of doing! (The taking stock, not to mention the dropping 2.4 pounds )
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #7  

ahhh!! i freaking loooove 3fc!! and thanks so much everyone... it felt so good to think through my emotions about the WI before it happened and like bloomer said, "take stock." we put SO SO SO much into this journey towards health sometimes i forget its a spiritual makeover too - like mind and body. and i am so glad you are all here making me feel even less crazZZZzzy!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote