Old 06-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #61  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

PHEW! Those all day meetings are killer! So the driveway guy came yesterday and basically told my husband he wasn't going to fix the problem he left in the driveway and DH told him it was OK. UHM... sorry ... what world are you from, my dear DH, where YOU have to do manual labor to fix the mistakes of someone who we paid to do the work? I'm seriously thinking of calling the driveway guy and telling him to get back to my house and finish the work properly, but I don't want to step on DH's toes. Its really making me VERY mad though.

hope - to you for getting back on track!

Faerie - Are you still going to be posting to us from India? I hope so!

suite - I'm glad you like your new meetings. I want legs like that girls... those are amazing! Too bad I can't run. I can only "wog" (walk, jog, repeat) because of my asthma.

Trish - for OP days!

lizzy - My anchor is my Leukemia & Lymphoma Society wrist band. I forgot to put it on this morning too and I meant to! I hear you on the restaurants, but can't you "guesstimate" the points you are eating, or look up the nutritional information online or in the Dining Out booklet? Your tea sounds :yum:

BB - Have you been showing your leader your tracker? You are doing Flex right? What prompted you to do the Wendie plan? People usually only try that when they have plateaued for a long time.

Manick - Enjoy your exercise!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #62  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Did it! Exercise IN....Going for day 3 OP totally!

Darn Ethiopian food Sunday...grrrr

It is fine. Overall it is working and I am getting SERIOUS!

Turkey Meatloaf

* 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
* 1/3 cup nonfat milk
* 1 medium onion, cut into large pieces
* 1 medium carrot, cut into fourths
* 1 8 ounce pack sliced mushrooms, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 1/4 pounds 93 percent lean ground turkey
* 1/2 cup egg substitute
* 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
* 1/4 cup tomato ketchup

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil wrap.

Place breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl, and allow to soak for a few minutes.

Place onion, carrots, and garlic cloves in a food processor with a grater attachment, or grate by hand.

Crumble ground turkey in with the grated vegetables. Add breadcrumb/milk mixture to the vegetable and turkey mixture. Stir well with a fork.

Add egg substitute, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Mix well with light fingers.

Divide mixture into two and form two loaves on the baking sheet, each about 7 x 4 inches.

Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Remove from oven and check the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F. Allow meatloaves to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Each loaf makes about 8 slices.

Per slice: Calories 108, Calories from Fat 32, Total Fat 3.7g (sat 1g), Cholesterol 28mg, Sodium 193mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 8.9g

This is what the original recipe looks like above ^^

...I add 5 cloves garlic, grate the carrots and onions and squeeze all the juice out or the meatloaf is too gloppy. Add 1-1 1/2 cups chopped Fresh Parsley, 1 T dried Oregano, salt and a lot of black pepper. I ditch the ketchup entirely and add Trader Joes Traditional Organic Lowfat Marinara (60 calories per 1/2 cup 2 gm fat 2 gm fiber) some in the recipe and some on top. (about 1 1/2 cups) I bake it on stoneware pans with no foil or parchment--I like the browned texture it gets. LOVE my stoneware pans! It turns out pretty good. It's GREAT with Parm. cheese of course, but good on it's own too. DH loves it in sandwiches with a little extra marinara sauce and sliced fresh onion
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #63  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Could I join this group? I've been on WW Flex for about 5 months now and lost about 15 lbs, but really need some more support and motivation b/c I've been yo-yoing a lot lately. My name is Rachel and I'm 27, and have a blog on here as well (that should explain more about myself).
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #64  
Mind over platter

Hi Rachel-Welcome! Of course you can join, just jump right in here!

Your story is similar to mine...I started WW on Jan 18, 2008 at 218 lbs and found 3FC 10 days after that. I was down 5 lbs in that first 10 days but then have lost/recycled the same 10 lbs over the last 4 months. I am kicking it into HIGH gear now. Really getting honest with myself and how I am following this program. I want RESULTS!

I've been listening to Jillian Michaels online for a good (I podcast them) and I've been implementing tips and ideas from everyone here. It's been a great resource and wonderful support too!

See ya on the Flex board
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #65  
Made of Starstuff

Evening, er.. Morning everyone!

BB - You have the patience of a saint! One more week following Wendie (like you said) if nothing... gosh I'm going to scream for you. It's driving me nuts! I'm sorry that I don't recall, have you posted your menu for us? I'd love to take a look at what/how much you're eating... try and fit the pieces of this puzzle together...

Manick - So glad you went to exercise Even though I love your wonderful posts, I'm happier thinking of you out and moving rather than sitting

Mod - ... And he basically said "OK, don't finish your job"???? I'd be , too! I'd try to convince the husband to call back and say "It's not OK afterall. Please do what we paid you to do." But... good luck with that! I'll be posting as often as possible from India. (I don't know what I'd do without you guys )

And a big to you, Rachel!!! Jump on in Post and let us get to know about you. Congrats on the 15 pounds down! Hopefully keeping in touch with us here will help you out with plan during the week.

---

Had meeting tonight. I'm down 3.6. I'm .4 away from 100lbs... .4! The leader was so sweet. When I said I'd be out of the country for 7 weeks, he says "Hey group... do you think it's okay that we assume Faerie loses .4 pounds by next week?" And everyone was like "Oh yeah!" And he handed me my 100 lb magnet, and a little 100lb weight-anchor. I was a little teary-eyed it was a very nice gesture. He also said I have to e-mail my Mom with how I'm doing so she can tell the group! I owe that group .4 pounds by the time I get back from my trip... Accountability? I've got it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #66  
Mind over platter

Oh Faerie...
BRAVO!!

That is my Hundred Clap Salute for all your hard work!
SO proud of you!

Keep up the good work, you are GOING to be at goal! You are an encouragement to all those around you!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:10 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

woohoo Faerie!!!!!
You'll get even more happy emoticons on the "real" 100 lb loss day, so let us know when that comes around! Will you be WI in India?
and library girl! Of course you can join -- this is a great group, and the more, the merrier!
Manick -- thanks for posting that recipe! AND, way to go on 3 OP days in a row! You are an inspiration!

Well, it is 5 am as I write this, and I've been up since 2, watching HGTV and Cold Case Files. I don't know why I couldn't sleep, but I couldn't, and I am thankful that I ain't got no job, because I would be very anxious right now if so. But since I can sleep all day if I want, I'll just calmly sit here on the back porch and enjoy the early morning sunlight! Sadly, I was also very hungry, and had some cereal...probably went over my points but, oh well.

My cats think it's breakfast time. I think not, but they are very insistent...poor girls!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #68  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well this morning I going to be my meeting to we weighed-in .I'm going to stay the same again as my scale with up to 165 and theres a 2 lb difference on my scale and WW so i should be up to 167 where I started 10 weeks ago.

Quote:
BB - Have you been showing your leader your tracker? You are doing Flex right? What prompted you to do the Wendie plan? People usually only try that when they have plateaued for a long time.
MODKITTN-My leader skims over my tracker every week and she believes I'm marking things down wrong. I don't,when I make up my tracker for the day I look up every thing from my companion and than I double check it on WW.com. I though that if I went on Wendie's I moved my points every day,I would see a break in my stalling.I'm on a plateau for 10 weeks,and it isn't breaking.

Quote:
BB - You have the patience of a saint! One more week following Wendie (like you said) if nothing... gosh I'm going to scream for you. It's driving me nuts! I'm sorry that I don't recall, have you posted your menu for us? I'd love to take a look at what/how much you're eating... try and fit the pieces of this puzzle together...
FAERIE-I really desperate at this stage of the game. I though Wendie's would work the first week,but according to my scale it hasn't budged. My menus are on the menu thread.Going to give it one more week and than try the CORE. This measuring & weighing foods is driving me nuts.

BIG CONGATS Faerie for your 3.5 weight loss. I had a man leader when I first started WW and He was so wonderful,I lost 35 lbs with him. I like this leader but she still insists that I stay at my low points and if I do I will stall forever.

Thanks Ladies for trying to help me get out of this plateau. I seriously think that my 20 points are too low.I need to be at least 24[1200].

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-12-2008 at 08:10 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #69  

Morning gals! Yesterday I went for a jog and it felt great! I have another all-day meeting again today (boo!) but I'll survive. I have to come into work again this Saturday and then I'm traveling next week Mon - Thurs so I may not be around much the beginning of the week.

librarygirl - Of course you can join us!

Manick - Your recipe looked good until I read *mushrooms* Yuck! I hate mushrooms

Faerie - I bet you are doing the happy dance! Congratulations! Trust me, it is easier to just "let it go" when DH decides something like this. I hope he tries to remove the things soon so we can call the guy back after he does and tell him to patch up the areas.

lizzy - Do you often have problems sleeping? DH has insomnia and takes medicine for it. Its really helped him a lot.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #70  

BB - We were posting at the same time Points don't directly translate to calories. It is hard, without actually tracking your calories, to see whether or not you are eating under 1200 of them. I think Core might be a good choice for you. The only comment I have in your menus is that your menus don't always look balanced as far as veggies/carbs/protein. Maybe you can try to start balancing your day a little more? Or you could try a high protein/low carb balance for a while and see if that works for you (or the other way around).
Old 06-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #71  

Mod - Ooh, that driveway situation would make me mad too! My DH is very non-confrontational and probably would have done what your DH did. I hope you find a solution for that, whether it's not pitying your DH while he fixes it or the driveway guys come back and fix it themselves. WTG on your wog yesterday!

Manick - WOOHOO on that exercise, woman! Way to go, three days in a row!! I love this guy: - he looks so dedicated and serious. I can just see your face behind those weights Thanks for your recipe, it's funny, it sounds pretty similar to mine but mine just didn't turn out very well. Oh well. I'll have to try yours next time. Maybe I just don't have the meatloaf touch

Rachel - I'm right there with ya - I've been following Flex since the beginning of the year and have lost about 18 lbs. I'm perfectly happy with that, but it's slow sometimes, you know? All that darned back-and-forth. I will definitely go check out your blog!

Faerie - WOW! I don't even know what to say, I'm so happy for you! 100 pounds! That's just mind-blowingly awesome!! I would bet you're going to come back from India with more than a 0.4 pound loss, with that kind of motivation! You are such an inspiration to the rest of us, so committed and determined. You're our rock. Way to go, a hundred congratulations, and lots of dancing carrots!!

Sonja - hungry cats are hard to deal with Hope you're getting some sleep!

BB - One other possibility - how tall are you? Is there any way that the mid-160s are your body's natural comfortable weight? Are you in the "healthy" weight range for your BMI? I was really rooting for you this week, you followed that wendie plan so well, it's so disappointing to see it didn't do much I've been looking at your menus you post and they don't seem to be off in any major way... Grrr!

Hm, I'd really like to WI this week since I've managed to stay OP for the first time in forever, but I won't be at my meeting. I'm thinking of just putting on my WI clothes (yeah, I wear pretty much the same thing every week to keep it consistent) and counting what I see on my scale at home tomorrow morning... It's always been within 0.2 or 0.4 of what the WW scale says, so that would be fair, right? I kind of feel like I need to see a little feedback after this week.

I posted this in the menu thread but I'll repeat: My lentil-tofu burgers last night were a DISASTER. I can't ever seem to make good vegetarian patties of any kind. I've tried veggie patties (shredded veg, breadcrumbs, egg, etc), chickpea patties, and now lentil-tofu patties... they all either never take shape or they never come together, no matter what I do. The lentil-tofu patties had the consistency of split pea soup. I tossed it in a pan and heated it through and ate it anyway because even though it wasn't anything approximating a patty, it still tasted good. I think I'm gonna give up on trying to make vegetarian burgers. They just never work!

Have a great day everyone!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #72  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I'm back to where I started 10 weeks ago. My leader,doesn't know what I should do next. She told me to start the CORE,no measuring of weighing with this plan. It almost similar to the beach's phase one,but I can have cereals & fruit and starchy veggies.The object of the core is to have as much of all healthy foods from each group,but I shouldn't over stuff myself at any meal.So starting tomorrow I will be switching over from the flex to the core.

Quote:
The only comment I have in your menus is that your menus don't always look balanced as far as veggies/carbs/protein. Maybe you can try to start balancing your day a little more?
MODKITTN-By not balancing my meals,What didn't you see??? I don't understand. Have thought I had enough milk, fruit and veggies & proteins. But maybe I didn't. Hope the core plan will made it more balanced.

Quote:
BB - One other possibility - how tall are you? Is there any way that the mid-160s are your body's natural comfortable weight? Are you in the "healthy" weight range for your BMI?
SUITE-I'm 5'0" and there no way that this is my healthy weight. My BMI is over 32. According to my doctor I have to lose at least 26 lbs so I have a long way to go.

Going to start my dinner

Hugs Maryann

Last edited by beach bum; 06-12-2008 at 11:53 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #73  

That makes sense If you were 5'10 then I'd wonder, but you're right, at 5'0, your body should be willing to let some go.

Good luck on Core! You're welcome to still post here of course, I'd really like to know how the next week goes for you. Or I'll just go lurk in the Core forum if you move over there
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #74  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. It's been busy on the board!

Faerie: YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! 100lbs!!! You Rock!

Manick: Good job on re-focusing. You are worth it!

Jaime: I never realized that you struggled with more than 2 days OP. I'm glad you're being honest with yourself and trying to rectify old habits.

BB: Sorry about being stuck. I plateaued for five weeks and finally showed a loss this week. I was elated!

Rachel:

Everyone else:

As of yesterday, I am officially 4.6lbs away from goal! I was so choked up at my meeting. I am, however, anticipating a gain next week if my body follows the same pattern as last month. , but I hope the anticipation is incorrect!

I'm afraid my participation here is going to be sporadic in the near future. DH needs my help outside. He can't keep up with everything and is unfortunately taking it out on me because I'm the one who brought the horses when we got married. I'm sure everything will work out, but we've had a few rough days together. He is leaving for a fishing trip next week, so hopefully things will improve.

Had a great ride on my horse at the Conservation area yesterday. I was overdue!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #75  
Made of Starstuff

Awww! Thank you guys so much!!! *sniff* I'm all teary-eyed again! Thanks for all of my pre-100lb-congrats!

Manick - Really happy to see your 3 OP days in a row! And thank you for my claps ^^

Mod - BOOOOO for having a long meeting & for having to work on Saturday And may the husband quickly dispose of the things messing up your driveway. I did do my happy dance that night Be happy you guys didn't have witness it.

Suite - Go for it & use your home scale this week. You deserve some sort of feedback. Doing that a couple times out of the year when you can't get to your regular weigh-in does no harm that I can think of. Thank you for my healthy, happy dancing carrots!

BB - How incredibly frustrating! It seems as though Core is the way to go for a few weeks now to see if it's what you need to eat healthfully & enough. It really is a good plan. Perhaps focusing on your hunger levels will help elminate the need to measure everything. Keep us posted. I'd like to see how you feel on the plan and how it works for you!

---

Woke up later than I wanted. Need breakfast now. Going to exercise. Then going to get down to business and get crap done. It did feel good to get a lot of sleep, though. I just hope it doesn't mess up my sleep tonight. (Which I will very much so need for traveling.)

Be back later! Hope everyone is doing well on this fine Thursday!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote