Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1  
jessica

S/C/G: 221/204.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Angry Why???

Why Do People Have To Bring Freaking Donuts To The Office. I Know To Some People It's A Nice Treat, And It Won't Affect Them In Any Way. But They Were There In My Face And I Ate One. Now I Am Mad At Myself And Don't Have Many Points Left For Supper. Sorry I Just Had To Let That Out. I Hate It When People Bring Treats For Everyone. AND I LOVE DONUTS!

Last edited by maass1981; 05-16-2008 at 03:46 PM.
maass1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey - you only had one! I have trouble stopping at one. It is just one of the many decisions you will make today and I'm sure the majority of them will be on plan. It's not so bad. So you stumbled - don't be mad at yourself - just keep going.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #3  
jessica

JUST DEB - THANKS YES I ONLY HAD ONE AND THANK GOODNESS VEGGIES ARE FREEBIES. I CAN JUST HAVE A BIG SALAD WITH MY SUPPER. I JUST HOPE THAT DONUT DOESN'T TRY TO HANG ON TO ME TOO LONG. THAT IS WHY I FELT BAD.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Do you have any flex points available? How about exercising a bit and earning some activity points?

A salad is a great idea. You could also do a veggie stir fry.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I just wanted to add that maybe it won't effect those people's weight, but it will effect them because that stuff just isn't great for anyone. Believe me, if I was next to donuts, I doubt I could stop at one, so you did great. Next time, try to keep an emergency protein bar in your desk in case someone brings donuts again. That way, you won't feel so deprived and might be able to react differently. Maybe you could think of other ways to handle this situation in the future, because people will always be bringing stuff to share with everyone. Good job for staying OP.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Great job stopping at one, take this as a learning experience. Next time you see a donut you might think twice about eating it, was it worth the aggravation and guilt? If it was, plan for it next time, if it wasn't, skip it and plan for something else you really want.

Sometimes, I'll look at what the points are for something like a turkey sandwich with one piece of cheese on whole grain bread (about 7) and compare it to a donut (easily 7) and think what is "worth more" what is going to satisfy me more?

best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

I, too, need to congratulate you on stopping at one. And you were able to make choices around that donut. You didn't say "Oh well to heck with it all, I ate a donut the day is over!" You made a points friendly salad with dinner. Next time there are donuts there at work you may even look back at this and be able to make a better decision!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #8  
jessica

thank you all. i didn't have a horrible day after all and i just need to stop and think next time. i had already eaten breakfast and was not really hungry. i really need to get that part in check. you know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" i guess " if you ain't hungry, stop drooling over the stink'n donut!"