Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Gee, I've been absent for most of this thread... Scary amounts of things to catch up with! I'm starting from back on pg 4 so some of this stuff might be a little out of date....

Kim - I'm currently a bachelorette too DH is up at my dad's house working on their farm, doing some farm hand stuff... It's kinda lonely now! I'm sorry to hear you ran into your barn, I can imagine how mad at yourself you'd be! Congrats on taking it out on the mushrooms and not your waistline "Play" activity is far better than the intentional exercise you get by going to the gym or whatever... play activity is far more sustainable because you love it! There have definitely been studies showing that that kind of activity is directly correlated to being able to keep weight off long-term because you're more likely to just continue doing it and not get tired of it. I love the pic of you on your horse! Is that a mushroom you're holding?

Institches - WTG on that little pep-talk you gave yourself. It is easy to slip back into old habits, it takes some amazing strength to dig yourself out of them.

Sonja - Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of apathy I'm going through right now. It's pretty easy for me to exist in the 190s, even though that's still definitely 'obese' by BMI standards - it's kind of where I've been ever since high school. You and me though, both of us need to keep at it and reach our goals! Gotta aim for 'health' over 'easy.' WTG on eating those veggies with bfast - do you cook extra at night and then reheat or do you actually just cook from fresh in the mornings? How did the hunt for a new cookbook go? Sorry to hear you were sick last night

vday - binge monster sure is making his rounds. I started out this week thinking I'd be super strict with myself, but that's only lead to 3 more days of binging (or does that have an e in it? bingeing?). Uggh. Good luck this week. Congrats on finding an apartment, it sounds awesome!! Two master suites AND laundry!

Chey - glad to hear last week's FF went okay for you. That is pretty amazing that you were able to resist all that! for knowing what your priorities are and sticking to them!

Faerie - I hear ya on those animals that give something back That's always been my beef with birds. They have little personalities and stuff, sure, but... Not enough. The only reason I have fish is because I don't have TV, so the fish tank works as a TV sometimes... for both me at the cats.... And heh, I'm glad to be associated with the Decemberists! I've never actually used pandora... hmm... I don't think it's weird either that you're not living with your fiance before marriage. I lived with mine for about three months while we were engaged, but it was more like a roommate situation as we also lived with 3 other people, and we did it for financial reasons (living at home was not an option when you're 450 miles away!). Then we spent a year living seperately and then got married. It's just how things work out sometimes, and I don't think that it is essential that you live with your fiance before marriage. You shouldn't feel weird about it at all. It will definitely make the wedding and honeymoon feel SO much more special, when you finally get to be with the person you love 24/7

Mod - ugh, I hate those first months off BC, everything turned so unpredictable and unpleasant for me. I've been off for a good 6-8 months now (I don't remember) and I feel like just now are things getting regular and normal for me again. Bleh.

Beach bum - Don't you generally end up eating different numbers of points at different meals? I don't tend to try to divide mine in any particular way... Have you heard anything more about that theory since you posted? It's an interesting idea, not sure how helpful it would be. Sorry to hear you're having to cancel your upcoming trips. I hope your DH feels better soon!

Manick - hey, congrats on that skirt fitting better!! Gotta love those clothing NSVs, where there's tangible evidence of progress even when the scale doesn't love you. You sure were busy with events this past weekend, congrats on making it through all of them with your sanity intact!! Thanks for sharing your wedding photos, you guys look so happy! I love the photos of the little girls dressed up. They are just the cutest.

Katie - WTG on resisting brownies and cookies and that ring NSV is awesome!

aero - Sorry to hear about the food poisoning! Especially since it landed you in the hospital!! Bleh!

keli - sorry about the gain. It's pretty easy to get complacent at a certain point, isn't it? Seems like a lot of us are going through that right now. Way to go on resuming tracking, that's a great step in the right direction!!

Heather - Good luck to you too. Come back when you're ready!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

As for me... The past few days have been spent roaming the streets of Overeating, U.S.A.. I feel kind of weird about it. I haven't eaten this poorly this consistently for quite a while... at least since the Fall some time when I realized I had put on 10lbs since my wedding that summer. The past three weeks have been on-and-off, like I'd splurge one day and get back on track the rest of the week, but since Sunday I've been in shovel everything into my mouth mode. I think part of it might be that DH is out of town right now - bad excuse, obviously - but I never eat like this when he's around. (We're talking dozen doughnuts bad, ladies.) I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind it. And I'd say it doesn't matter, that I should just move forward, but I think it does matter, if I ever want to escape this tendency I have to eat and eat until I'm sick. (That is literally what I've done the past three days.)

I feel like I'm in the doldrums right now. The past two WW meetings I went to were highly uninspiring. I left both times kind of upset at what was being said/focused on, felt really out of place, and was, of course, disappointed in myself for my lack of progress. I let those experiences set the tone for the week. This weekend I'm not going to a meeting as I'll be out of town, maybe I just need a break from it? Not from the plan, just the meetings? I don't know. I know for the long-term I still want to be part of the meetings, I thought about just doing it online but I don't want to totally give up on meetings. I just don't feel I've been getting a lot out of them lately.

Actually I wonder if any of you have experience with this - lately my meeting has gotten to feel a little clique-y. Like high school. My leader has a bunch of friends who come to the meeting and a lot of it just becomes a discussion between the 5 or 6 of them that show up. And they're all trying to lose 15 or so lbs, and have a different set of circumstances that I find it difficult to relate to. When these girls want to say something, they are given priority over the other members. There's another woman on top of those girls who comes off as so negative in everything she says... negative and judgemental. If you can't survive on 100 calorie packs, you're not this woman's friend. It's just so bizarre, these personalities I've started noticing... They're really bringing down the meeting experience for me. I'm thinking I'll have to find a new meeting if this keeps up. I love my leader and everything, she's really a wonderful leader, but I just want to escape the feeling that there are only a handful of people whose progress she's interested in.

Okay, I'm just rambling. Point being I'm having a tough time pulling myself out of this funk I've been in for a number of weeks. I promised myself today when I woke up that today would be different... Today is going to be normal. I'm going to be sane about what I eat. I'm going to eat a freakin' vegetable for the first time in a couple days. I am not going to beat myself up for what I've been doing the past few days, I'm going to try my best to move forward. That's the plan...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #108  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Morning gals! I stuck to the plan yesterday and did not give in to the popcorn. Actually, I had to wolf down my dinner to get to the theatre on time, so I was really full when I got there. Plus I brought seltzer to drink, so I was all set! I actually turned down the free mini-bag of Nerds they were giving out (Tuesdays are bargain nights here at the theatre and they give you a small treat with your cheaper admission). It is amazing what one OP day can do, especially when I drink all my water. I can lose a pound or two in an instant. I got on the scale this morning and was 166.8, but I refuse to change my ticker every day that I weigh now. It will only change once a week!

Last night was horrible. I have 3 cats, and one of them (Bailey) is VERY dependent. She likes sleeping on the bed with us... right in our faces. We've been trying to break her of the habit and its been going well. Every time she tries to sleep at the top of the bed, I pick her up and put her at the bottom of it. Well last night she just wouldn't stop. Eventually I kicked her out of the room, but then she cries outside the door. So I spray this citrus stuff because cats don't like the smell of it and it usually keeps her away for an hour or so. Well last night she pushed the door back open and got back in (old house, doors don't always latch). So I threw her out again and sprayed more stuff and she got in AGAIN so I was so frustrated (at this point it was 12:15 and I had been trying to sleep since 10:45) that I took my pillows to our guest room (which does lock and the bed is far enough away from teh door that if she meows I can't hear it) and slept in there. When I got up in the morning, DH told me that Bailey was really sick after I went up stairs. She was drooling, kind of foaming, shaking her legs, etc. After a 1/2 hour she was better and then they went to sleep. So I stayed home from work today and took her to the vet. Even though the spray I use is 100% natural (only natural oils from oranges, no chemicals and non-aeresol) we thought maybe if she was right outside the door when I sprayed it and inhaled too much that could have been it (even though we've been using this spray for years and have never had a problem before). The vet said it was possible, but that she definitely ingested something that made her like that. They did some bloodwork, and I should know early next week if everything is OK. Her heart and lungs were OK, but I'm going to take the rest of the day off of work and look after her anyway. I feel horrible that I might have hurt her by spraying that stuff! The other thing I was thinking was that maybe she was really clingy last night BECAUSE she wasn't feeling well (thats happened before) and I wasn't seeing it and was just pushing her away and trying to get rid of her so I could sleep

Paint - Did you get to ride? I wish I had a horse. I told DH that when we buy a bigger house I want to have lots of land so that one day I can get a horse. I doubt it will ever happen though. I was the little girl who always asked for a horse (or to go to Disney World) for my birthday every year. I never got either one, but I did get to go to Disney for my honeymoon and also right after I was diagnosed. And now I can't wait to go again this fall!

Keli - You can do this, hang in there!

Heather - Please know that we will always be here for you when you decide to return. Take care of yourself!

Faerie - I didn't sign up for the 5K, but I think I'm going to try to do it anyways. I'm sure I can walk a little over a mile each day this weekend!

lizzy - I hope you are feeling better! I have IBS, so I know how annoying those weird stomach issues can be. And yes, I liked Iron Man a lot! I don't know if I would say it was better than Spiderman though (as some critics are) but Robert Downey Jr. was PERFECT for the part (I read comics growing up and am very much a tomboy thanks to being inbetween two brothers and having 3 boys for neighbors).

BB - I think for me it is so scary because I had lost weight on WW once before and gained all but ten pounds back before I got so depressed that I realized I had to do something about it. I NEVER want to be in that position again! Has your DH gone to the doctor? If he's coughing so badly that you need to cancel a trip, I would try to get him to see one if he hasn't.

Jaime - Good to have you back!

Last edited by modkittn; 05-21-2008 at 10:56 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #109  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jaime - I think we were posting at the same time! I have experienced what you are talking about. I went to meetings for 2 years the first time I lost weight, and now its been another 2 years. A lot of times I get bored because you kind of hear the same topics over and over again. Sometimes I would switch up meetings and leaders. This time around I stuck to the same meeting because I had a buddy that I went with. But then she stopped going because she went abck to school at night. And I felt the same way you did about the meetings and I switched up my meeting day and leader. What a difference! Of course then I stopped going but thats a different story all together and has to do with my laziness and not wanting to pay because I was over my goal etc etc

Last edited by modkittn; 05-21-2008 at 11:05 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Suite: glad to see you're back, sorry that you are struggling, as far as your meetings, sounds like you do have alot of great issues, I find that when I don't get much from the weekly talk it does set a differant tone with me. As far as those friends and little miss negative, well... don't have a solution for you, but I do feel it's just not the right thing, does your leader have another class that would be convenent for you? I'm sure you are missing your DH, stay strong and don't let those doughnuts win. They are not your friend, {wish I could say they were yucky, but we all know they are just the opposite}

lizzy: hope you are feeling better today, hope it was just a 24hr bug you caught

Faerie: hope that your OT is over soon, and that's exciting another 5k, also see you have a perfect score on your May Challenge, That's Super Dooper

modkitten: you did great at the movies, WTG, sounds like you are having a great OP day, not even that popcorn smell got to you.

Paint: hope you do get to go out and ride. I also have a before picture, and when I really feeling down in the dumps, that picks me right up, and also reminds me of where I never want to be again!

Manick, BB and Keli hope all is well

Heather-

----
Need to get some sleeep, Have a great day
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #111  
beachbum

SUITE-Normally I have various ways I spend my points. I tried the one where you eat like a king[most points] for breakfast.Eat like a prince for lunch[med point range]and eat like a pauper for dinner [hardly any points]. It didn't work as I was VERY HUNGRY late in the evening.I like to find out myself if it a good way of working the points,by keep the points even for each meal. I'm going to ask my leader tomorrow and she what she thinks. Thanks for the well wishes.

Modernkitten-I know I don't want to gain again either once I hit my goal.I wasn't on ww at the time of the cruises I was on a low carb diet,which my leader shrugged saying ["Those Fad Diets"] My DH had lung cancer 2 years ago,but is now in remission. His oncologist told him that its the scar tissue in his lungs that causing the coughing[hacking]. The only way the body knows how to clear the lungs.They have him on Predisone and my DH doesn't want to go down to our DGC that way,and wonder whats going on with grandpa.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #112  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hi Flex Chicks!

I'll have to come back later for more, as I have limited time to exercise and we all know I MUST exercise

Heather you take care of yourself, come back when you're ready

Suite I've been exactly where you are too! Sometimes listing all the reasons why helps me...the pro and con...why do I want this...what is my real motivation....etc., and you WILL feel better in a couple days when the processed stuff gets out of your system so just take it (mentally) easy on yourself and drink lots of water Its actually good, probably, that your body feels the shock, helps us remember that we were feeling better eating right and exercising and all! As for the meetings, I got sick of going...for basically all the same reasons you list. And the classic,the lady who lost 100 lbs who was always the final word on everything, blah blah. I actually have been doing this totally online since January 18. You guys have helped TREMENDOUSLY and I can't thank you enough for the support and inspiration you've all been to me--YOU included, Suite! I know there are good meetings out there tho, and maybe trying a new one might expose you to some new people and thoughts. I also visit this site from time to time, she's the SIL of a friend of mine and always cheery. If I lived in Ohio I'd definitely go to her meetings! Her update section always has new recipes and blurbs and such.

Mod sorry about your kitty! that is an awful feeling when our fur-babies are sick. I bet she got into something else, and I know you wouldn't have knowingly done anything to hurt her!!! hope she is better soon.

I liked Iron Man too, Spidy was better IMO, I like a more fleshed out plotline, but Iron Man really was like a comic-book tale. Clipped, spare, frame by frame sort of action. Have to say tho, after reading A Thousand Splendid Suns the week before, the part with the Afghani family moved me to tears and I was squirming in my seat...very true to life for me.

Oh, and I don't know how I missed it last week but your hubby's hands-wedding tat is VERY sweet! Talk about commitment and wearing his heart on his "sleeve"!

WTG on the no snacking!

Paint
You sound realistic and wise! Sorry about your mom, too! That must be tough and thank you for sharing that. I have no illusions of "forever" bliss, but we are 'working it' every day to choose happiness and peace in our home. I don't think anyone who is single for as long as it sounds like we were forgets what it is like to be on our own. We still have 3 checking acct's even. His, hers, ours. I am not willing to waste time quibbling over who spends what out of the $ pot so this way we just both fund the joint expense account and for the rest we go about our business as before. That said, I am grateful for every day we have together, cause we never know how long we have!

Vday I also realized, going back that your grad party with the fam probably has not happened yet, right? Just the reserved plan? Good luck with the finals!

Kel, Faerie, Shrink All three of you'se hang in there! Stresses and life...all that.

Faerie it will feel so good when you are all done with that move, and just think how organized and ready you'll be come the fall! It'll be worth all the tiredness and effort. Not that I EVER want to go thru that again myself!

Shrink hope you start feeling better as the day goes on, and are able to stay calm and cool with mom there!

Institch I'm glad you are feeling better!

BB party sounds great, what fun to have good pals to hang out with!

OK ladies...speaking of that exercise....off I go...AND...I must report....

203.5 today!!!!

I am going to be posting a 1.5 lb loss on the weigh in thread (and that is AFTER my weekend eating fest so I consider it the equivalent of about 3 lbs lost in the amount of effort it took me to get there). I am going for it! Onderland, here I come!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #113  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!

Jaime: It's good to have you back! I'm starting to get the doldrums with the whole WW thing too. I seem to be in a slump this week with my mindset, but I'm still completely OP.

Mod: That's horrible about your cat. Please keep us posted. If it's any consolation to you, my dog was up puking from 4am-6am this morning! I think it's the rawhide that she gets, but our animals sure are great practice for having kids aren't they? We worry just the same and they tend to need us like kids do also. I begged for a horse throughout my childhood also. I didn't get one either. Now I'm making up for lost time

Lizzy: I hope you're feeling better today.

to everyone else

Tough morning here. I gained a pound at weigh-in. My feelings are hurt about it. It's TOM but I started on Monday, so I thought I'd be out of the woods where my weight was concerned. I know I had a big loss last week (2.4) but gosh, I was getting so close to goal. One step forward, two steps back. I am ridiculously OP all the time. I didn't shake anything up this past week, so I'm wondering if my body really does need a "Cheat Day" or something. I hate to think that I'm too regimented for nothing, you know? Nothing like a little humiliation to take that pride away. I really don't know what my problem is this week. I've lost my "chipperness" LOL! Ugh! I hate that!

I will be back to my normal self soon, I hope. Maybe I just need to ride. That usually helps my mindset, but I seem to even be in the doldrums about that as well. We'll see. I'm working today so that I can take tomorrow off and ride with a friend that I haven't ridden with in over a year. Hopefully that will be the change up that my body and mindset need.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #114  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Paint-
Try a cheat...one day out of the next 7 won't hurt if you are OP, and heck, it might help! Mine apparently did!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #115  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Yep, I'm seriously considering it. I went to the grocery store today to buy light hot dogs and stuff for camping this weekend. I'm not sure how I'll work it in, but I'll give it a try.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #116  
Made of Starstuff

Hey gals! Just threw up a new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142953

We're flying through these!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote