Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #91  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to say hello everyone! I haven't made it into this forum in a while, and I'm sorry to say I've completely lost track of where everyone is right now. (we talk a lot, don't we?! )

Anyway, I had a terrible bout with food poisoning this weekend, and I'm just now getting over it. I spent all of saturday (which was beautiful and would have been perfect for hiking) hooked to an IV at the hospital and yesterday I left work early to try to get better. I'm feeling much better today, but I don't recommend ecoli for a quick fix to lose ~5lbs. It's not worth it!

I'll be out of town this weekend, but I wanted to pop in and say hello at least. Hope you're all doing great!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

aerogirl-that sounds like an awful way to spend any day. I do hope you never have to go through that again. Hope your weekend is fun filled

modkitten: That's great about this thread, makes you see things you might be able to avoid if you didn't have so many great people cheering you on, that getting healthy is the right thing to do, even if it means owning up to that fact, to all of you. Good for you, getting yourself back to where you want to be.

BB: hope you had a great day, sounds like fun

lizzy: all that bike riding, Good for you, I do plan to get a bike, just need to lose a bit more booty, first. {too self conscience to get it yet} Hope you have a great visit with your Mom

Faerie: I think you will know when you meet her/him if they are the right person for the job.

Manick: Your pictures are just beautiful, looks like you had a wonderful day, you both look so happy. Good Luck with your struggles this week too

vday: WTG on finding your apartment, sounds great, and the washer and dryer, that awesome. Happy that your week is going better too, good luck on all your school stuff.

Paint: Your horse looks so sweet and you both look very happy and pleased with yourselves on your mushroom bounty. Sounds like all your fun, is actually alot of cardio. I'm with you, who wants to be stuck inside, on a beautiful day, when the sunshine is calling.

Katie: Sounds like I hear some bells in your future!! Happy for you both

Suite: Hope everythings okay, I'm sure you are just super busy.

----
Well happy to say, nothing new to report, everything is good. Hope everyone is having a great one too.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #93  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hiya kids!

Thanks Paint, have to say, I AM happy and I feel very, very blessed! I'd LOVE to see any and all wedding pics! So much fun to share all that joy My pre-wedding freak out came when I sold my little condo. I was 30 when I bought my first little home, and 39 when I got married. Independent and strong for a lot of years! DH and I bought a house together in August and THAT totally gave me the feeling of impending "control by another" It was just a REALLY big, brave step for me even though we communicated well and chose something we both liked, I was really having to share on a deep level in areas that I had previously had total autonomy over. In any case it worked out OK, as by the time the wedding rolled around in December I was ready for company in my (oops "our" ) lonely new house.

Mod thanks for the LOST tip! DH fired up season one again last night on his laptop! I'm going to see if those episodes can hook me too. Haven't been watching any regular show now that the Biggest Loser is off. Just an occasional house show or food shows...I need some DRAMA! Good for you for getting serious again, I am sure it will be worth it! Cribbage is very popular in our house BTW and you can play online at yahoo games too!

Faerie
Indeed it was! We didn't really do any weddingy stuff (well, aside from the actual wedding and big a** dress and tux and all that ) DH is introverted and does not like to be noticed and it was a monumental thing for him to dance in front of people, but I convinced him that if the bride and groom did not start the dancing, no one else would feel comfortable either so he stepped up. He was wonderful! We really just wanted a big old fashioned party to share our love with all our friends and families who'd supported us over so many years and NY Eve seemed like the perfect opportunity! (And, of course the focus was slightly less centered on us that way too, for DH's comfort) Got several of those cheap NY hat kits ands noise makers and confetti and balloons and RANG in the new year! We both have lots of friends who sing so we had a sort of "talent" show during dinner which turned out to be great fun too! I was sad that we couldn't fit more people, but I really wanted to use the hall next door to my church so people weren't out driving on NY eve and it had a cut off point. We figured lots of people would be out of town and that should have limited the response rate but we were WRONG.

I am SURE your wedding will be perfect for you and the finance as well!

As for the justice, not exactly sure, but you want someone who will do what you want, respect your traditions and needs (agree to not use any words or higher powers or etc., that you don't want in your ceremony) and be articulate, not stammering or having weird pauses and not use the wrong names or etc I bet you will pick up vibes just from talking with them and hopefully "click" with whoever feels right. Are you meeting with a few to decide? Just like interviewing for anything, go with your gut, I am sure it will be right. I think most JP's who do weddings are pretty competent. It is only in the movies that you see those country bumpkin cringe stories of the local JP who makes a mockery of the affair.

Vday the apartment sounds great! Yay! It IS nice to have a washer/dryer finally IN your place, TOTALLY worth it! Hopefully this one won't have any of those gym-oglers either!

Hi Areo nice to see you again Glad you are feeling better! Yikes, that does not sound fun!

Shrink good job on the biking, I predict more "shrinking" if you keep that up!

BB have fun today!

Suite and Instiches and Kel hope things are going OK for you today.

See ya all later! Off to go get an allergy shot (ugh ) and to work!

Edit: Instiches, we were posting at the same time too, thanks!

Last edited by Manick; 05-20-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #94  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

So far I've had a great day and have been on plan! I'm going to a movie tonight (Iron Man) and hope to avoid the call of the popcorn. Luckily I am going with a friend, her husband, and their 4 kids. They won't allow their kids to have popcorn (they bring healthy snacks instead) so I would feel horrible eating it in front of them, which is what I think is going to keep me from buying any even if I do feel like giving in.

aero - That sounds horrible! I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope you keep feeling that way. That is not a fun way to spend your weekend!

Institches - I'm glad you are having a good day!

Manick - I have to wait until I am at home to see your pictures too! They block email and picture sites at work. I hope you like LOST, I am obsessed!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #95  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

I am worried about Jaime. Where for art thou, Jaime????? Come out, come out wherever you are! We miss you!

Mod: Good luck on the junk food reserve at the movies tonite. Movies for me were always a free-for-all with as much candy and popcorn as I could muster up!

Faerie: I'm clueless on how to pick a Justice We went to Vegas and got married. Everything was set up for us and was perfect!

Manick: you totally understand where I'm coming from! I still get the "mine" and our's" mixed up! And I confess, I am always trying to safeguard myself for the future. I guess I don't want to become so independent that if something happens I couldn't take care of myself. I'm sure that sounds selfish and scary to others, but my dad raised me to "never become dependent on a man." My parent's gleeful bliss ended after 19 years. I try really hard not to kid myself that things happen. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a horrible person - just gun-shy of the whole marital bliss forever and ever thing. I truly hope it does happen, but I guess I'm trying to be realistic Another sign of my age, I suppose. I envy you and hb extreme happiness. I think it's wonderful!

Institches: Thank you! I actually found a pic of me riding last year at this time. I couldn't believe the difference! I wish I knew how to make them into a side-by-side comparison. It's unreal the changes you can see even with a jacket on!

BB: Have fun with your Canasta Party!

to everyone else.

Not much new to report here. Busy day at work. I'm not sure what's on my agenda for tonite. I should ride since it's beautiful out, but I'm probably going to ride tomorrow, Thursday and all weekend, so I have to find some other form of entertainment while DH is gone. This is usually when I end up on the computer all night! Bad girl! That doesn't burn calories!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #96  
Made of Starstuff

About the Justice : I think everyone is right. I'll just have to talk to a few and find someone who fits with the chemistry.

Manick - I love how you had your wedding NY Eve! That's the sort of wedding I'd have a great time at.

Aero - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well!!! I hope you feel better soon Take care of yourself.

Institches - Glad things are goin' smooth!

Mod - Woohoo for OP days! Best of luck on the movie. I have yet to see Iron Man (Me, a superhero lover...) I've heard it's good. Hope you have fun!

Kim -

---

Just got my shots today! (2 in each arm. Ouchie! ) One more thing I get to cross off my list.

Here at work late again. Going to finish this one set of papers, go to the gym for 30 minutes and then head on out.

The usual is planned for tonight... dinner, cleaning/packing. I bet you guys can't wait until I'm finally moved. One less thing to complain about!

Have a great night everyone!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #97  

Height: 5'7"

hi hi everyone

Just a quick note, I am alive and well and whatnot! Thanks for thinking of me, I've read up on what's been going on in your lives but have had no time to post! Work's busy and DH took the at-home computer with him on a trip. Tomorrow or Thursday I will definitely come back to catch up with you all, I promise!!

Hope everyone is well!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #98  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Glad things are well
Old 05-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #99  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

all

I'm beyond ticked at myself, two gains in a row. I pitched a fit like a big bratty baby today, DH was laughing at me, I needed a butt kicking, I guess. I've been struggling with cravings and just had too many "treat" days, I guess.

I've been thinking alot about some of the traffic about making your mini-goal and then stalling, and I'm thinking getting into the 150s (which I skidded out of this a.m. bleh) maybe was like that, my WW goal is 150 so I was already starting to think about not having to pay again and forgot to work the program.

So, anyway, I got out my tracker and faithfully filled it out today, have to put dinner on it, we had a big salad, it was really good. I tell you getting out the tracker for me is an eye opener, I get 22 pts and sometimes most of them are gone after lunch, if I didn't have APs and FPs I don't think I'd make it.

Well, I have to go back and do some reading, but wanted to post and make myself accountable, got to get back on the stick. I wanted to be OP until vacation (mid-June) so now I've got to get back to it.

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #100  
Made of Starstuff

Keli - You know you can do this! It's a real eye-opener to see what we eat written down. So awesome job on filling it out faithfully today. If you still want a buttkicking and a . One day at a time. I'm positive you can make it until your vacation week OP!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #101  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks for the BK Faerie I'm getting ready to go out for a walk, the sun finally came out. I was going to say the same things about flying that I think Manick said, shoes you can take off easily, the ziploc baggie with travel size liquids, carry on at least a fresh pair of undergarments, in case your luggage doesn't find you right away, they've gotten much better with that. My only advice is when you check your bags make sure they are tagged for your final destination. You can go on the website for the airport that you are flying out of and find some more info. I hadn't flown in awhile, then recently had a couple trips for work and now vacation coming up. The airports and airlines have lots of info online.

Give yourself enough time to get your bags checked and find your gate, it depends on the size of your airport, sometimes an hour is enough, sometimes you need 2 hours. Like Shakespeare once said, it is better to be 3 hours too early than 1 minute too late.

Manick, beautiful pictures, you're a lovely couple.

Paint, great picture with your horsie, looks like you were exactly where you wanted to be, how great.

Stitches glad you had an uneventful time.

later ladies
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #102  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

When your voice isn't heard, you don't want to speak.

I'm taking a break.

I want to wish everyone luck in their journeys.

Last edited by THE Heather; 05-20-2008 at 11:23 PM.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:51 AM   #103  
Made of Starstuff

Keli - Thanks for the advice about the plane!

Heather - Please take care of yourself I'll be thinking of you until you're ready to return and chat. (Regardless of whether you're "counting" anything or not!)

---

Ack! Or is that Ache! My upper arms are all sore. I can feel it throughout the muscle. But, they told me this would happen. And it's not like I turned purple with yellow spots or something.

I haven't been tucking myself into bed early enough the past few nights. And if I don't get my sleep, unfortunately, I do not lose weight easily. My body works it through at night, and I haven't given my body the chance to do that lately. Not to mention: More sleep = Less cranky.

I'm feeling pretty positive today. I've got a good feeling that if I get my OT done today and all set that the powers that be will cancel tomorrow's.

Excited about the 5K coming up this weekend. I have to get it in on Friday (due to the moving) but I told myself "no excuses". What's that phrase? If you want it, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse? Something clever like that. Anyway, I've kept that in mind this week about my exercise.

Back to doing actual work.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Aero – yikes, that sounds like a horrible case of food poisoning!! Glad you’re feeling better!

Stitches --

Mod – how’s you like Ironman? Not really my kind of movie but I saw it anyway…meh. I hope you were able to resist the popcorn!! And FYI, I’ve started watching Lost again from Season 1 online – it is so good!!

Paint – have fun riding all weekend, that sounds great! Hope the weather cooperates.

Faerie – yeah, shots aren’t really the most fun, huh? As for the cleaning/packing, please don’t apologize – you’re kicking my butt into action!

Jaime – hey!!!

Kel – Ooh, I so know what you mean about stalling once you get close to goal – once I got to 135, I just stayed there and bounced around 136-137. I think I have gotten a bit too comfy! Let’s get rid of those last 10, we can do it! You know, I really think that with target points so low as 20/day, it is absolutely necessary to get and eat those APs.

Heather – I hope you feel you’ve been heard on this thread. Good luck to you, too – check in anytime!

Well, as for me, I mysteriously got sick yesterday. Started throwing up and feeling dizzy, then spent the rest of the day on the couch, more or less. Most likely stress-related. My stomach has been giving me a lot of issues lately! So, I pretty much stuck to eating saltines and pretzels.

I'm planning on another bike ride today, to my therapy appt. Then, I think my mom wants to hang out...that should be great coming straight from therapy!
Also hoping to get a weight routine in -- quick stop at the gym.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #105  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful day spending time with my friends at our canasta game.They didn't eat much so I glad that I bought stuff that i can fit into my WOE.

MY DH is not feeling well at all,with all that coughing,we decided to cancel our trip to NY. It would be too much for him so we're hoping that the kids will be able to come up and see us anytime this summer.As for our Hawaii trip I'm afraid that its going to be up in the air also.

Thanks ladies we really have a wonderful time.The only thing the afternoon went by so fast that it was hard to believe that it was supper time.

MODKITTEN-My sister plays cribbage at her Fla home in the winter time. I don't know how to play but my senior center have tables of people playing the game.Don't be to hard on yourself. Four years ago I was 148 and 8 lbs from my goal. We DH took me on my first cruise and I went up 10 lbs. I didn't eat that much,but I didn't exercise because going to Mex was so hot & humid on the walking deck. Lost 5 of those pound,than 2 years later my DH took me on another cruise to Hawaii for our 40th wedding Anniversary Gained another 10 lbs to bring me up to 168. Lost 5 lb but only this Christmas to put it up again. We all have weight problem stories.Hang in there. You did great joining a gym,and now please don't miss the meeting I love mine and i wouldn't know how to survive with out it.

AEROTIGERWelcome back. I haven't bee on this there that long and its nice to meet you.So Sorry about your food poising. UGHHH!! I had food poisoning also but fortunately didn't need hospital treatment. Just antibiotics.Take care and feel better soon

Institches & Manic-Have a great day

PAINT-Don't worry maybe Jamie is just busy to post.You know this time of year they're lots of family gatherings

SUIT & HEATHER-Glad to see you posting just to let us know that all is ok.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote