Old 05-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #76  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Very busy this morning trying to get ready for my canasta card party tomorrow.

PAINT-I guess that why we moved closed to the beaches.Its a bit windy when walking along but we just made the walk shorter.

SHRINKING-Maybe your right about the wine drinker not like what I'm doing to a good glass of wine,but at tomorrows party that what I'm serving,chardonnay with polars dry diet orange soda.My guest like the taste,its very refreshing.

Faerie-I never tried using even amount points to my meals either,but that what I was told. Can we have snacks in between meal or just in the evenings??? I'm asking as I see that how the food journal reads.

modkittn-I used to eat 4-6 small meals a day when I was on The South Beach.But with WW the menu planners that you see is more of less telling me that 3 main meals with fruit or diary in the meal and only snacking at night. I'm a little confused,I guess I'll have to ask my leader.

Institches-Thanks for the well wishes, my tooth ache is gone & I'm doing fine again.We all need pity parties from time to time. I had mine yesterday,felt sorry for myself and my old habits came back to me. I think most of the over eating was from not having enough protein in my meals.

Manick-Thanks for the kind words I love singing,and hope I will be able to continue even when I get older.Happy that the bone doesn't hurt anymore.I was living on too many Aleves.

Have to get back to my cleaning

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-19-2008 at 03:19 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #77  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

Just wanted to share with everybody that I've had to go to several graduation events this weekend and will have more coming up....I resisted 3 sheet cakes, and one huge table of an assortment of about 50 kinds of cookies and brownies!!! This time of year kills me

Also, my promise ring that my boyfriend gave me is now too big...which is okay because this weekend we went shopping for engagement rings! = D
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #78  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
[ -- ooh, girl, Sudafed is HARDCORE!!!!

You got my mouth watering for some good olive oil, by the way!
S
Oops, sorry about that!

Good job on the bike ride! Drink your water today, and have fun at your dinner! And you are correct on the psuedoephedrine, it is actually prescription here too, and even tho I have an RX for it I have decided I cannot tolerate it, even in small doses!

I think I am going to try getting some first season LOST episodes, so many people just love it, and it might keep me on my treadmill on those hot days when I am not outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLeighVOLS View Post
my promise ring that my boyfriend gave me is now too big...which is okay because this weekend we went shopping for engagement rings! = D
Whoo hoo! Congrats Katie!!

Last edited by Manick; 05-19-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #79  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Wow I don't know how you guys can say that I got a lot done yesterday. Dinner was basically throwing a chicken in the oven and heating up some veggies in the microwave. And the weeding took all of 10 minutes. Cleaning the bathroom only took about 15 minutes, and the laundry, while taking all afternoon, was done very sparingly while TV watching (it was only 3 loads!). I guess there were just a lot of things I wanted to get done (like sewing curtains and doing the finances) that I didn't do because I was feeling lazy.

Institches - Well you got me to own up to myself after reading your post. I NEED to go back to a meeting. I have not been since February. I haven't been doing *too* bad on my own, but I need to go. My normal nights are Monday. I did want to go to the gym tonight, but I think I will opt for the WW meeting instead. NEED. TO. GO.

Faerie - Well I'm glad one of us doesn't feel stressed out at work I would come in for OT this coming weekend but to be honest I want to relax and enjoy the weekend. So instead I'll come in the Saturday after. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do before the end of the month. I hear you on the planning. I've been doing that recently - trying to use food that I already have in the house. I realized recently that I am spending waaaaaay too much money on groceries and I need to start using what I already have. I think its because I like to have so much variety.

Paint - It used to be that all my activity came from fun things, mainly hockey and aikido. But due to back and hip injuries, I can't do either any more. I struggle to go to the gym on a regular basis. It just isn't fun for me. If If I stick to a schedule for a while, then I start to enjoy going. Its just getting on schedule that is the annoying part. I love your pic!

Manick - I once went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my MIL's birthday... its all fondue. You can't POSSIBLY make a good choice! The food was FANTASTIC though. I'll never forget it. YUMMY. Sometimes I think it is worth going to those gourmet restaurants for the experience of it, even if it might not fit into your plan.

lizzy - I started re-watching the 1st season of LOST and I have to say... they really planned all this stuff from the beginning didn't they? Its amazing! Oh and going back to an old post of yours... I used to go to Berklee back in '98 and '99 and had some friends who belonged to a frat at MIT. I remember going over there and being able to hang out on their roof and drinking hot chocolate (alcohol isn't allowed on campus there and that includes frat houses). Anyway your post just reminded me of doing that and how much I loved looking at Boston from that viewpoint!

BB - You don't have to use the menu planners that WW gives you. Those can be used more as a guide. You can do your own planning and go back to the 4-6 meals a day if you want!

Katie - Ooooo... should we be expecting an announcement sometime soon?

EDIT : Manick - We must have been posting at the same time! ABC has ALL LOST episodes available in streaming HD on their website right now. I mean ALL of them, seasons 1, 2, and 3 and all the episodes so far for season 4. I'm totally loving being able to watch the older ones in HD and going back and re-watching them all to see what an awesome job the writers have done in setting things up from the very beginning.

Last edited by modkittn; 05-19-2008 at 04:21 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #80  
Made of Starstuff

Kim – I’m jealous of all the play time you get! Truly. What’s so awesome is that all these physical things you’re doing are fun for you. It can be difficult to find something we like so much that we rush to do it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my walking, but there are enough days that I’m thinking “I donwanna exercise.” And great picture, btw ^_^

Manick – Ahh such wonderful advice you give! How is it I’ve never flown before? I’ve never gone anywhere far enough for a flight! And experiencing that newness of living together is a big part of why I’m willing to wait for 5 more months. (What’s 5 months when we’ve been dating 4 years?) I’m already signed up for the 3FC 5k! I’ll be getting it in on Friday evening Your weekend sounded decadent. How often do we get to go out to fancy-schmancy restaurants? Not often enough! I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. I’m at work ATM, but I’ll be looking at your photos when I get home. I’m very, VERY willing to spend money on a great photographer. The pictures are something that I’ve decided are near the top of the list of important things to me.

Lizzy – Way to go on the biking! And on being OP yesterday & today. I hope you have fun at the dinner tonight And I’m so excited about seeing the 2 hour Lost finale coming up!!!

BB – I eat snacks whenever I’m hungry! That often means I’m eating small meals/snacks inbetween my “official” meals. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. As long as you have points, you’re able to eat snacks. Even if you don’t have points, some zero point veggies can help keep you full. If you like 4-6 meals, then go ahead and use your points that way! There’s no real “need” to or even “it’s best” to. It’s whatever way works best for your body.

Katie – Way to go on avoiding all that temptation! That’s so difficult! Ooooh! Congrats on the engagement ring ^_^

Mod – Oh I love my weekends when I get the chance to relax. I, too, love variety… but it’s a killer on the food budget. So much buckling down to do… with food and money… Being an adult isn’t always so much fun… And believe me, compared to what I get done on some weekends, you did do a lot!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #81  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Faerie- yes, I am blessed to have free time. I only work 30 hrs per week. I get up everyday at 5:30 and start my workout. I usually can't keep my eyes open after 9:15pm, LOL! I haven't always been like this though, it's taken years of changing my lifestyle to get there and I've still got a ways to go!

Mod- I understand about the injuries keeping you from activities. I feel so blessed that I'm able to do all that I am. My mom was stricken with MS at 49 and hasn't been able to do much over the past 13 yrs. I guess I always think to myself "I'd better do as much as I can while I'm able." I'll admit, it's a lot easier to do stuff minus the 33 lbs!

Manick- Those pics are beautiful! You sound so happy. You make me want to go dig my wedding pics out, but I woke up bawling that day and I just wanted to RUN!!! I got some serious cold feet! I had been single too long and was petrified of the possibility of someone running my life!

Katie- good job on passing up all of those desserts! That's an awful lot of temptation. I don't know if I could've done that!

Lizzy- Thank you I did some not-so-fun activity after work today. I mulched around all of our trees. The ATV helped so that I didn't have to carry the bags far - just cut the bag open, empty and rake I remember my girlfriend warning me before we bought our place in the country. She said, "Now you'll have less time for riding and more time consuming property owner tasks." Man, she was right!

No fun stuff to report here tonite. With HB gone I'll probably hang out on the computer after chores are done unless I can find something interesting on TV. Isn't "Dancing with the Stars" on on Mondays??? We don't watch much TV around here HB usually watches M.A.S.H reruns. We use to watch The Biggest Loser religiously though.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #82  
Made of Starstuff

Manick - Just saw those wedding pictures... GORGEOUS! It looked like such a fun and beautiful affair!

Kim - I don't watch much TV either. Mostly because I don't have cable. I watch everything I like on the Network websites. (Heroes, Lost.. Oh wait... that's pretty much it! )

Suite - Just giving you a Haven't seen you here in a few. Things must be busy! Actually, I was listening to radio on pandora.com and the decemberists came on and I thought of you! ^^
Old 05-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, I was thinking it's been awhile since Jaime's been around. Hey, SuiteJudy, where are ya??
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #84  

Well, I'm back from my dinner and all went well, except now i'm still hungry. I should go to bed but I'm not that tired...computer is very slow, too.

good night, girls!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #85  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Katie: Awesome job on avoiding the sweets! You are definitely stronger than me, if I saw a huge table of cookies and brownies, I would probably eat at least 1. My apartment office always has fresh baked cookies right outside of the gym...it is so annoying!

Manick: I definitely recommend LOST as well! My roommate and I started watching it during the 3rd season, so we watched seasons 1 and 2 in about 3 weeks! It was during summer, so we seriously would watch the DVD's for hours at a time...well worth it now!

Paint: I like The Biggest Loser too. I recommend "Work out". It is a show on Bravo, it's on Tuesday nights at 10pm. It is about a gym and they have this thing called The Skylab program, where they train obese people into shape and teach them healthy eating habits and they go through counseling and stuff. It really focuses a lot more on the actual journey and not just the weight loss. They show re-reruns all day Tuesday leading up to the new episode.

~~Not much going on with me. We found an apartment!! yay! It has two master bedrooms with their own bathrooms, which is perfect for my roommate and I since we both have boyfriends and like to be semi-private. IT also has a washer and dryer in it which is awesome because we always have to lug our laundry everywhere! It is about 100 dollars more for me than what I am paying right now, but it should be fine. I am stoked!

Besides that, I am just doing finals. I have a test tomorrow, and an 8 page paper due Wednesday night that I haven't even started yet. Then I have a 3 page paper and another test of Friday and then I am DONE!!! YAY!!! Getting pretty excited for family and graduation!

Oh and I have been getting a lot of movement in! I work out in the mornings and then do swimming (labs and water aerobics) at night, because it has been 100 degrees over here the last 5 days!

That's it for me, back to the studying...
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #86  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy -

Vday - Yay! Congrats on finding an apartment! *whew* I'm sure that takes a load off. And WTG on getting the movement in! That is a lot!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #87  
Made of Starstuff

I asked this question elsewhere, but I respect everyone's opinions around here

Maybe some of you lovely ladies would be willing to help me out as well. How does one go about picking a Justice? I have a short list. I'm just not sure if there are good questions to ask these people.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #88  

Faerie -- I can't say for sure, but I remember my brother and sister in law saying they just "had a feeling" about the person they picked.

vday -- congrats on the apt! It sounds great!!

well, I just ate a breakfast of an egg, english muffin and a side of broccoli -- trying to get those veggies in!! gotta start early in the day!

planning on another long bike ride, and I think I'll bring my gym clothes and stop at the gym for a weight session. and, my mom's in town so I think I'll be seeing her later today...

Have a good day everyone! And Jaime, wherever you are --
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #89  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Lots of things to do this morning before my canasta guest arrive. Have to go and vote,for 3 overrides on the High School,Fire Dept.and Water Dept. and 2 selectmen for our town.

After that I have to get ready before my canasta guest arrive. Going to serve low calories snacks.The ones that come in the 100 cal pack [Ritz mini cheese crackers & mini Oreo s]Oat bran pretzels and of course cashews.
For drinks I have Dry diet orange soda that always refreshing.

See you gals later,have a great day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #90  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey All-

I decided to own up today. In reality, I was at one point past my goal. I changed my ticker to reflect that. I also added a second ticker for where I'm at now. I need to re-commit and this is my way of doing it. Sort of owning up to the world where I'm really at! I really would like to get back down to 157 or so, but I would be happy with 162. I just want to be able to wear some of the nicer clothes in a slightly smaller size that I bought that are kind of tight right now. I also realized I need to plan. Not just while losing, but also while maintaining. I can't stay in dream-world here where "I'm just fine without planning" because obviously I am not !

Oh and I did not make the meeting last night, but I did go to the gym. DH and I decided on a gym schedule - MWF and Saturdays if we can. I think I'm going to try to go to meetings on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I've been to those here before and I like the leader, so I just have to get up early enough to go to one

Faerie - I didn't fly until I was 23 years old! I was really scared though and I had to fly for work. Luckily someone else had to go as well and sat next to me and explained all the noises, etc. It made me feel much better. I'm very grateful for that!

I don't think deciding to not live with your fiance is weird. I told DH I wouldn't live with him until we got married. But then I got a job about 2 hours away from where I was. We weren't engaged at the time, but we had been together for 4 years at that point and he had bought the engagement ring (I picked it out). So I asked him to move with me when I moved. I don't regret it at all now. After the first 6-8 months of being together, we saw each other every single day. I would not have been happy if I was only able to see him on weekends for over a year! We got engaged about 3 weeks after we moved, and married a little over a year later.

As for justices, we would meet with them and get a feel for their demeanor, etc. We would also go over what type of ceremony they normally do, what we wanted, and any other details that were necessary. I will have to post one of my wedding pictures one of these days... Our wedding was VERY casual, but we didn't necessarily want the ceremony to be super short or anything, and we wanted it to reflect who we were. She did a very good job with that.

Paint - I don't think there's ever been anything on TV on a Tuesday night that I've been interested in! I get very upset sometimes about my injuries but there isn't much I can do about them besides doing my physical therapy exercises. I'm glad that I can walk and jog again. At one point I could not jog and could only walk 1 block before I limped badly and was in pain. I miss hockey, but I enjoy watching it so that at least helps. Besides, once I was out of college it was really hard to find people and a place to play anyway, so my activity for that sport was greatly lowered for a long time before my injuries. I *really* miss aikido though. Like... really miss it. I hope to go back one day, but it probably won't be for a few years. Now that DH and I are TTC, I won't put any extra risk on myself on top of all of the other medical issues I have (the leukemia being the biggest one).

vday - Congrats on being almost done! Do you have a job lined up after graduation? What is your major?

lizzy - As much as I love broccoli... I could never eat it first thing in the morning!!!!

BB - I've never played canasta! I do love cribbage though and it is very hard to find people who know how to play.

Last edited by modkittn; 05-20-2008 at 10:22 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote