Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #46  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! I had a good day yesterday. I'm still not journaling *slap on wrist* but I am eating MUCH better than I was for a while.

I have to work OT tomorrow, and that will be a challenge. I'll probably be the only one in the office. And eventually get bored. And want to reach for the candy sitting around here.... I'll have to bring enough healthy alternatives to avoid that!

Manick - Are you measuring all your food? Sometimes when I eyeball things for a long time, my portions tend to get bigger!

beach bum - Congrats on your loss!

Chey - Do you not like Diet Mt. Dew? I don't think it tastes that much different. I'm not a soda drinker though, so maybe thats why

Heather - I use the WW online tools. I've never used TDP or FitDay. I do try to balance my protein, carbs, etc though.

Bella - Congrats on your loss!

Faerie - Its hard to argue when you are getting OT. I'll be in here working and getting OT tomorrow too. Its going to be something like a 54 hour work week for me!

Jaime - I'm in the same boat! I know why I've gained back a few pounds. I haven't been OP, and haven't been exercising nearly enough. Sometimes it is hard for me to get that motivation or commitment back but when it does come back, its usually really fierce and I'm able to recover rather quickly.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #47  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' everyone!

Jaime: I need to applaud you for admitting to your reckless behavior. You know, being honest is the first step to changing things. Are you truly ready for this? You can do it if you set your mind to it. However, if you have lots of obstacles in your life, you really need an action plan to get past them. For me, the planets just aligned correctly and made this happen! Seriously though. I have a job that limits temptation. My office is at the very back of an empty hallway. I no longer have co-workers stating "Let's go to Culvers today!" I also started my exercise regimen 5 yrs ago! (Yes, it took me that long to admit that my food intake was kicking my butt!) So, exercise had already become a habit for me, just not to the extent that it is now. I lost maybe 3 lbs doing exercise alone. I am also fortunate enough to have a DH that will cook/grill for me and follow my guidelines of what I can eat. But, I now know that if he didn't I would do it on my own. I would be tempted by what he ate though, so I'm fortunate that it's all worked out.

Are you tired of the same food? Are you not planning ahead when you go places? Are you feeling "left out" of eating the normal food that everyone else eats at gatherings (that happens to me a lot) What are the barriers to your healthy eating? I wish I lived near you so we could walk together or ride bikes or something. You are so encouraging to all of us. We want you to succeed also.

Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous day here in Illinois. I'm leaving work at 11am and am still trying to decide what to do with my afternoon. I have not been successful in finding a riding buddy so I've got 3 options currently: Mushroom hunting (which is the most enticing right now), taking aluminums cans to the recycling center, or mowing for DH. I might still sneak in a ride at home, but I'd rather trailer over to the park and ride

Tomorrow I'll probably help DH around the yard. Sunday's our 6th anniversary, so we'll go out to dinner tomorrow night. He goes out of town for work Sunday - Thurs so I'll be a bachelorette the rest of the week! I think there are some horse trails calling my name! It's time for me to ride!

Last edited by Paintfancy; 05-16-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi to All,
Well today's been a tuff one to get through, I was kinda depressed, and made some very unhealthy food choices. Instead of doing my daily exercising, I go right to the kitchen, and start eating...not sure how many points I ate, but I'm done eating for the day, I just wanted to come clean, with all of you.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Woo hoo semester is OVAAAHHHHHHH, dude!!! (as they say here in boston)

Manick -- You will see that scale budge! I am so proud of you and inspired by you, in the fact that you have really modified your behaviors and been making good choices. That's the hard part! The scale will catch up, it always does, it's just about that patience...

Katie -- I was thinking the same thing about those BBQs. Of course, I've been gleefully off plan the past few weeks, so I've been fine with burgers and beers, but as of today, I'll be eating beforehand, I guess (wishing I could just eat without planning!)

Stitches -- thanks for the thoughts. Sadly, this girl's parents have decided that she not continue counseling. The only thing I could do was notify the state's child services dept about the abuse, and hope that they take it seriously enough to mandate some sort of services for the family. Yeah, not the best feeling.

Beach -- way to go on the loss!!

Chey -- haha, you and I have very different tastes, girl. I'm a total sucker for good olive oil and could throw back bread and oil all day (hmmm, perhaps why I have weight to lose now??)! And meanwhile, I've never been into mountain dew -- I lost interest in it when I peered into a can of it and my face was lit up by the glow...Still, I do understand how painful it must feel to have to waste points on a fatty food that you don't even like. Can you sneak it into sauces or something? And as for the water, I have done just a squirt of lemon juice to liven it up. Not a huge fan of Crystal Light, either.

Heather -- I used to use TDP but stopped when I started doing WW. I liked that one because it had a HUGE database that I still use when the WW database fails me (quite often). But Fitday offers a nice breakdown of the calories, in a giant pie chart. I didn't find that feature on TDP until I paid for a subscription, but perhaps I was just missing it.

Bella -- whoa, 7 lbs?? whoa!!

Kel -- oh don't say anything about the office -- I was out celebrating the end of the semester last night, and missed all my thursday night faves, the office AND lost! I'm going to see if I can find them online...

Faerie -- and I hope that $$ keeps you motivated through the weekend! double pay! That's awesome!!

Jaime -- oh, you could have written my post, too. So much sounds like what I'm dealing with, too. Particularly the apathy that set in when I got down to 136, which is a weight that I'm fairly comfortable in. My "skinny" clothes fit again. So it feels like I'm fine where I am. BUT, I know I want to drop these last few lbs, and I CERTAINLY don't want to gain the other 15 back. I wonder if you're feeling similar, seeing as you finally got into onederland, and your mini-goal clothes are fitting...it feels to me like we are mentally inhabiting similar spaces as far as weight loss is concerned!

Mod -- good luck with all that work!!

Paint -- wow, you have such a cool life! haha, seriously, I love the idea of waking up and deciding whether you want to go mushroom hunting or horseback riding. It seems like you are really involved in very healthy activities as part of your everyday life. That is just awesome!!

------------------------------------------------

Well, I am slightly hungover. Went to a party last night at a friend's house in Boston. He lives in a beautiful apt with a roof deck, so we got to drink wine and take in some gorgeous city views. It was very fun. However, in my busy-ness, I neglected to eat any real dinner, just threw some chips into my mouth as I got dressed to go. So, I got a little too tipsy a little too quickly, and was so busy flapping my lips all night that I didn't really get a chance to eat anything there, either. Though I imagine that between the wine and the few pita chips I managed to find the time for, I probably ate a meal's worth of points.

Anyway, I had a 4 pt breakfast and I'm drinking some green tea now (maybe breaking my coffee pot is my chance to ween myself off of coffee). I'm planning to go by a consignment shop today, hopefully unload some of my fatter clothes, and then hit up the used book shop next door and see about a new cookbook. Clean house, grocery shop, and cook dinner. Oh, I should go to the gym, too, before I forget where it is. And wow, it is almost noon already! I'd better get a move on!

OK, before I go, I just want to say to myself and to anyone else who might want to hear it -- SUMMER IS AROUND THE CORNER! WE WANT THOSE HEALTHY BEACH BODIES, RIGHT?? AND, WE KNOW HOW TO GET THEM! Here's to an OP day for all!

S

(can you imagine the workout that carrot gets? I mean, he's really putting a lot into that little dance of his!)
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #50  

Stitches -- we must have been posting at the same time. Thank you for being honest, that is hard to do! May I suggest that you not starve yourself for the rest of the day? I mean, I KNOW how it feels to have just binged and then you say you're not going to eat, but let's face it, does that ever work? Ok, if it DOES work for you, than go right ahead, but I just wanted to suggest having a veggie laden afternoon. I know it is really hard to get out of the depression/guilt/binge cycle, but when I'm in it, my goal is to forgive myself and feed my body the things it wants, like veggies, rather than just take everything away. I'm certainly not claiming to actually DO that most of the time, but it feels like a good strategy...
Good luck!!
S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 05-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

lizzy- Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not starving myself. My day is over, I ate all my points for the day, most of them were good ones, it was just the last bit that were not so healthy. Tomorrow is a new day, my new day starts at 9pm tonight, so I will be going to bed very soon, and hopefully today's blunders, long behind me.

Thank You again-
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #52  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Welllllllllllllllllllll

I binged like no other yesterday

so I decided to be really strict this week, no extra points unless I work out, and work out everyday that I can....My graduation is a week from Saturday, so I am going to be really strict this week. Then the week after that we will see. I lost 3.8 pounds that one week, and then I gained 2.4 of it back.

**I have come to the realization that I am a full blow food addict. I always knew this, but I think yesterday I REALLY believed it. Like, the average majority of people do not sit around their house, fighting themselves mentally for hours to not eat food. Everyday is a struggle for me, and everyday I have to mentally fight myself to not go over my points.

I have been focusing WAY too much on getting in as much food as I can, instead of eating for my health. Eat to live , not live to eat. That's what I need to remember.

InStitches: I know exactly how you feel...don't worry. I was super stressed the last 3 days and binged on food yesterday. We can both get right back on track!

Shrinking: man, you are like my drinking buddy on here! I had a margarita, a long island ice tea, and a shot of absolut at this grad dinner I went to yesterday...two of my professors were there and I bought one of them a shot! And then I regretted it because it was 7 dollars! for one shot! It was crown royal, but still, my whole long island was only 7 dollars! oh well, it's the experience that counts right?

Suite: I know what you mean about being committed. That is exactly what I am going through as well. Everyday is a struggle to stay committed.

Everyone else:
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #53  

wow, my mood just plummeted somehow.

vday -- man, i don't really know the avg price of a shot, but yeah, $7 feels like a lot! but yeah, nothing like kickin back with authority figures, right?

stitches -- haha that's right, you work nights, I forgot. I gotcha now. good night!

later on, all!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #54  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Suite/Shrink, I will say no more about the Office

Paint, my 6th anniversary is coming up the end of June. I'm baching it this weekend, because I'm taking my mom to AC on a bus trip and DH went up to our camper, so I got a chick flick and am catching up on Grey's anatomy funny what becomes a treat!

As for you ladies talking about binging and such, I'm struggling myself with the same things...I don't get it, I'm thinking maybe it has to do with being OP for so long, it seems like I keep going through spells where I stall. Like now I"m in the up/downs, I so want to get off this yoyo, but TOM showed up and brought the binge monster along...The only thing saving me is that there's nothing in the house except rice cakes/peanut butter and jelly, which is good, but I really want some chocolate and/or ice cream.

For some reason that addictive/compulsive whatever it is rears it's ugly head and the fight is on. I'm craving all these things that I shouldn't, why, why, why. Maybe it's too keep me humble, I definitely don't get that feeling of being cured or invulnerable having lost this weight, because I just can't lose that last part, I'm already starting to worry that I'm not going to make my goal, which was supposed to be so far out there that it would be a slam dunk.

oh well, too much blabbing, sorry for the rambling, going to do some more psychoanalysis on myself. I'm trying to justify not eating soup or something because I really feel like I'm going to get in the car and go get some ice cream so I might as well save my points for that. We had a little retirement thing after work tonight and I had a couple beers and a big burger and a few chips and now I'm just randomly craving things, maybe if I just ride it out, it'll go away......

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #55  

i'm in the middle of cooking supper and first, realized that I didn't have the canned tomatoes that the recipe calls for and then, burned the rice. Oy.

Kel and Vday, I can definitely relate on the addictive qualities of a food compulsion. And I know there's advice to be given, but I'm sure you've all heard all the same things I have. But, if it means anything, you can be sure you're not alone! Good luck the next few days with whatever you decide to do to handle it.

S
Old 05-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

TGIF!!!!!!! This week was an adventure all the way from Monday to Friday! I call it an adventure, because it just plain sucked! Sounds like everyone had their struggles too.

I know that when I had roommates we all cycled at the same time, or nearly so..., but I have never seen it on a forum I don't have the curse anymore due to a hysterectomy, but I still have my ovaries so I experience all the other stuff.. and boy, this week was it.

I never really noticed it much before I started WW, but this week I have. I have been craving sweet/salty and have been grumpy and short with people. I have managed to stay on points and drinking all of my water though with the help of all of you. How do you ask? Well, I see how each of you have struggled but managed to make it through - some faltered, but didn't freak out and decided to keep on track.. Tomorrow is a new day!

You guys Rock! If all of you can make it through I can too.

We had fat Friday again today. It was a Tex Mex theme. My weakness. Once I found out (via my nose) what was lurking in the break room I avoided that end of the building. I had two reasons for that 1) Once I started I know I wouldn't have been able to stop and 2) we are going out to dinner with our son, his wife and new grandbaby (not entirely sure how that is going to work with a 1 week old infant) on Saturday and are going to our favorite Mexican Restaurant. I am planning on using my extra points there and I knew that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself there had I dipped into the Tex Mex.. LOL

That is my reward for being good all week.

I have my next week planned - all written down with points. I have menus and my containers for next week's lunches. I have decided to try and plan my M-F breakfast & lunch for work and dinners at home and then check the boxes beside the menu with the points to get me in the habit of keeping track. Sunday I am going to prepare what I can and go from there. Crossing my fingers.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #57  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

kelijpa: I know exactly how you feel girl! the ups and downs especially get to me..it's to the point now where even if I lose, I'm not even that happy about it because in the back of my mind I am thinking "it will just come back next week"....we gotta struggle together!

Chey: awesome job on avoiding the tex mex! truly...that's awesome

~Well day one of strict week for me is going badly....I went to work out at my gym in the apartment complex and it was WAY too crowded, there is only 4 machines and there were about 13 people in there!!! I'm doing laundry now which requires lots of walking, going up and down stairs, and lifting 30 pounds so hopefully that will make up for it. I really need to get a gym membership!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:50 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

It's been a bad week for me, too!! I'm so happy to be here to know I'm not alone.

The getting off-track/binging, started on my trip to my parents. Didn't really binge there, but ate some things I shouldn't. Then came home Sunday night and it just continued all week. Never mind that I came home straight into the arms of pre-AF/TOM. I knew it, especially on Tuesday when I was in a horrible, horrible mood. I could just feel the frustration and irritation build up. I tried really hard not to get grouchy with everyone, but I did.

Then sure enough, AF/TOM arrived on Thursday...Oh, JOY!! All week has been awful, so I really hope to get back on-track this week.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #59  
Made of Starstuff

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!!!!

Well I'm at work. And while I have lots of stuff to do (who doesn't really?) I'm feeling a little more in control and should be able to post/respond more often again. Yay!

I noticed a lot of people are having some struggles right now to you all! Strength & Perseverance! I KNOW you can all pull through. I have been there, and am only human, so I will have times there in the future. I PROMISE you all: This, too, will pass. I just wish I could be there for you all to remind you that you're worth more than food.

---

Tonight is packing and more cleaning. I sold my coffee table & end tables (whoo hoo for 50 bucks!). The cool thing is that the guy who bought them was going to use them to vendor items he sells at Renaissance Fairs. He goes to the Connecticut fair each year. I've never been, yet, but I've always wanted to go! I even own a Ren Dress. Hrm. I think I should make plans to go this year... maybe when I get back from India. September is a great time for the fairs, especially in New England when the whether is just right.

We were able to find a new lovely home for the parakeets that my roommate and I had, too. I realized that I don't really like birds that much... >_> I like animals that give a little back. Know what I mean?

I'm getting my vaccinations for India on Tuesday, going to the eye doctor Wednesday the 28th.. I NEEEEEEEED a new pair of glasses, and I want to take my extra ones with me to India. (Always good to bring an extra pair while traveling...One never knows!) I was able to sit down with two of the people who returned. They gave us a lot of advice and told us about their trips. It definitely made me more comfortable with going. I'm more excited than nervous, really. I'm honestly most worried about the airport & plane travel! Silly right? But, I've never even been to an airport much less on a plane! Gah... maybe some of you can give me advice on how to deal with my first time.... like what the heck goes on?! The good news is that I'm in business class, the bad news is that the security is going to be thinking "That girl is acting way too weird and unsure of herself... I think we'll need to stripsearch her, she's hiding something!"

On the wedding front, the fiancé and I are going to decide on a honeymoon this weekend. I need to check out Justices, and call them. (Kind of important, right? ) And then I need a photographer.

I'm sorry, this was more like a list of the things that are going on in my head.

I'd best actually get some work done, now I've missed participating. I'm glad to be back and be able to catch up with you all.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #60  

Good morning all!

Not much going on here, I was relatively OP yesterday, I would like to say the same about today. Going to a BBQ later on, and I'm a little nervous about it because I'll only know the host, but I feel like I need to go.

Not much else to say....

Have good OP days, all!

s