Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

Default Just joined today! Already ate too many points!!!

Today I joined weight watchers and stayed for a whole meeting all by myself, ( i know that sounds corny, but it just took a lot! ) and I'm really proud of myself! Even though I weighed a few more pounds than on my home scale, i guess it's better I get this under control now... it just feels like it may take forever, but one step at a time right? I didn't gain this weight over night....

I couldn't believe I had already eaten more than i should have by 6pm. The meeting was a late one...I guess that just goes to show I really was over eating, so i borrowed from the extra points you get during the week so i could eat a very light dinner. Tommorow is a new day = )

Last edited by JoDolce; 05-05-2008 at 08:10 PM.
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

That's a great start My first few days I wasn't really trying to keep under my points so much as I was practicing counting them & and being aware of what I was eating.

You did the right thing, taking a few Flex Points so that you were able to have dinner. Keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #3  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on taking your first steps towards being healthy. I know the points thing can be hard so take your time and if you mess up one day just remember that tomorrow is a new day and dont be all discouraged, Just start fresh the next day, I wish you the best of luck with your WW plan and i hope you get to your goal quickly..

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #4  
Senior Member by the Sea

S/C/G: 275/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDolce View Post
Today I joined weight watchers and stayed for a whole meeting all by myself, ( i know that sounds corny, but it just took a lot! ) and I'm really proud of myself!
I'm the same way... every time I go. I feel quite anxious about the meetings, before and during. In fact, I'm going in about an hour and I can feel it starting!

You should feel proud of yourself! Good for you!
Farseashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

Take it one day at a time! The fact you joined and went all by yourself is a huge step in the right direction!!!!!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Remember that the "extra points," really aren't extra. They are part of the plan, and especially at first, I'd encourage you to take advantage of using most, if not all of them. Eat as much as you can, as long as you're losing weight. It will make it easier in the long, run. Not just keeping your metabolism fueled, but keeping you from feeling deprived (the unltimate motivation killer, in my opinion).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #7  

Congratulations on taking the first step. Sometimes that can be the hardest part.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

JoDolce,

Welcome! That's great about getting to the meeting and staying. I kind of understand what you mean. I was nervous the first meeting I went to on April 8... I've been a stay-at-home-mom for 12 years and it's HARD for me to even connect with other moms just for playgroup things, much less being on my own...I didn't even start any playgroup things until a couple years ago, and even then, I have the buffer of my kids. Getting out on my own is a whole 'nother ballgame.

I dunno... Went into full-time momhood as our college friends were off to grad. school and cool jobs. I just kind of got shy, so I get it, if that's the sort of thing you're talking about.

So...!! Fantastic taking the first step!!
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote