Old 04-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #76  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Shrink, you didn't misinterpret, I felt like you needed somebody to "get your back" or however you say it I've had my share of financial difficulties and worked my way out of them and it's kind of a pet peeve of mine how they treat you worse for getting behind in your bills than some criminal offenses. Things staying on your credit report for 7-10 years...erg...Anyway, I'm glad to see you looked it in the face and saw it wasn't as bad as you thought, which is usually how those things work.

There are some strong women on this board. I'm glad to have come across you! I've learned tons! There's some saying about women being like tea bags, they get stronger in hot water.

InStitches, I wish you the best, tough times. DH just vehemently hates his job at times and carries around and gives off all this negative energy when those times come around, but luckily they happen less and less... oh well...

Faerie, I love that you're getting married on Sweetest Day, that's so cool, now I feel like there's a reason for the holiday it's sweet and unique like you! My cousin got married on Leap Year Day about 8 years ago, that was pretty neat. I got married on the first day of bass season in Canada, I didn't get married in Canada, but the last saturday in June is the 1st day of bass just barely made being a june bride. So my first few anniversaries (maybe all 5 of them ) have involved bass fishing in Canada, someday I'll post some of my before pictures, chubby Keli with chubby fish

Suite, that soccer sounds like so much fun. I like your ideas about "making real" the weight you've lost. I have this 20 lb. bag of birdseed, I just went out to check because I wasn't sure if it was 20 or 40, but anyway, it feels so heavy and I was carrying around 2 of them all over my body a year and a half ago, no wonder I feel so much better now...

We went to the 1st bday party today, DH ate a bit more of the "good" stuff than I did, but neither one of us is used to eating like that and poor guy, he's suffered for it...thank goodness we don't eat like that more often.

enough out of me for now...best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Unhappy sorry for the novel

Thanks everybody for the hugs, and for listening. Suite, just like you, I do make very good money and I do hold the insurance, and thankfully no small kids that need me to be alert for them in the mornings, our youngest still lives at home, but he's 24, and does work! Sorry, that was wrong

My hubby is a Great Guy, and he does make dinner every night and packs my lunch, and does his own laundry, he would do mine if I let him. His idea of doing the laundry is everything together in hot water. So it's easier on my un-mentionables that I do my own

Suite sounds fun running around kicking the ball, let us know if that extra point is giving you any trouble. Not sure if you posted this, but are you allergic to dairy?

Faerie-hope shredding the old stuff was fun, it does make alot of waste, but maybe you could save it to use for packing material Your morning yoga sounds wonderful, I just started this new yoga tape, I did the yoga for dummies for a while, and thought I was ready for a new challenge, and it's a challenge alright, but I really do enjoy it.

keli- too bad those creditors don't want to work with you, when you need them to the most.

lizzy- for you, I'm glad you are feeling better, best of luck on the other stuff, I know how hard it is, try to make a plan of action for yourself. I found that going through a credit counseling service helped us and got us back on track, took us 3 yrs, but it really was what we needed. {oh yeah, forgot to tell you, this is the second time, he's quit his "real job", I know shame on me for allowing this to happen again}

Well I've rambled for way too long, have a Great Sunday everybody
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Challenges

Everyone.... it seems we all have normal ups and downs in our daily lives, but reading what everyone has posted that has challenged them, and how they have or plan to overcome or didn't overcome and finding new ways to get over the hump of those challenges is inspiring! <rambling sentence.. lol >

Being new here I am so impressed as to how everyone in this virtual world surrounds those who are having difficulties with 'real' encouragement, feelings, and comradeship (is that a word?). LOL I visualize someone needing help and everyone physically running to that person and surrounding them with a group hug! This just amazes me!

I just wanted to get that observation out. Being new here - I see this board, you people, and how each of you inspire others to be successful in their journey while facing your own personal challenges as the foundation of my own success on my journey.

I thank each and every one of you.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #79  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Awww that's nice Chey..I feel the same way..this community is so welcoming and helpful!
I've never had anyone be internet rude to me...hahaha...except maybe one person..but that was over a vegetarian issue...

Anyways..

I have decided this week to try not to use ANY of my flex points...I was looking back in my weight loss journal and it seems that I started to plateau once I started using my flex points...so I have decided this week to not use ANY...then to start slowly incorporating them back in..like 10 the first week, 15 the next..

I especially don't want to eat them this week because I had a gain and I haven't seen a loss since March 5th, so hopefully it will jumpstart my weight loss.

I also decided to not eat any sugar this week (with the exception of cereal). NO ice cream, cookies, anything. I think that is also one of my problems, eating sugary foods instead of good fruits and snacks.

Hopefully I will be reporting a loss this Saturday! At least I hope I lose the gain! hahahaha
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #80  

Talking

I totally agree with Chey, I really love this place, I have a special place in my heart for the flex boards, I think we are the best place to be

vday- Hope this is a Great Week for you, Let us know how your week is going

---
Hope everyone has a Relaxing Sunday, see you Monday
Old 04-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all,
Just taking a break from weeding through my closet. I have a huge pile for charity, and another huge pile that I'm hoping to consign. Next, gotta clean out my car so I can fit all these clothes inside!

vday -- good luck with the flex points. I read what you wrote in another thread about how you gain when you use them, or at least don't lose. I guess every body is different. I use up my FPs every week! Sadly, this week, I have eaten them all already so I'm going to work really hard to stay at 20 pts/day until Thursday, when I WI. That's funny about encountering rudeness over vegetarianism. Are you veg?

Chey -- yeah, it is pretty incredible, isn't it?? So glad you've joined us!!

Institches -- I would talk to a credit counseling service, but I don't make any money...so I don't think they can really help me yet. I will definitely be in touch with them when I do get employed, though. In the meantime, John is going to work with one, and understands that I am one of his "creditors," so he'll be working me into his payment planning. Hopefully that will help, though I would REALLY like a lump sum payment!!

Kel -- well, thanks again for getting my back!! I really felt so horrible about some of the feedback, and that I had written such horrible, mean things about men...I was just mad!! So it really meant a lot that you were genuinely understanding. And good for you for staying OP at the party!

OK. Off to clean out the car now...
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #82  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I have gotten rid of about 4 or 5 large trash bags of clothes and still have a full closet. Today was outside clean-up, we're considering putting our house on the market and seeing what happens, so I was out trimming dead stuff, raking leaves and such. It was great to be outside.

Our nephew is supposed to come and take our extra refrig. so I cleaned it out good and looking at it after, I'm thinking, why didn't I keep it that nice for myself It was on our back patio, not quite outside, but almost, it's enclosed but not insulated, so in the winter soda would freeze out there inside the refrig. It was mostly for sodas and some extra stuff occasionally, just sucking up electricity mostly...glad it's going.

We have to get some more oil for the furnace/boiler tomorrow. EEK! I thought we'd make it, once the heat is off, it's only for our hot water, but it's not going to make it, with the price of gas I'm afraid to think what 150 gallons of oil is going to be. Oh well, nothing to do, but pay...

I want a treat, but there's nothing in the house (meaning ice cream!) fortunately it's 9 p.m. and I'm too tired to even think about getting in the car just for ice cream. Earlier, I stopped at the store and bought some fruit, so maybe I'll have an orange, didn't get my water in, so I'm working on it now. There will be a mid-night getting up for a pee tonight! I hate it, but we had chinese for dinner, so I must drink, I feel like Spongebob out of the water. I crack me up...best to all
Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #83  
keep on truckin'

kelijpa: I hate getting up in the middle of the night to pee too! I drink around 150 ounces of water a day, so I usually get up more than once! ah well the things we sacrifice for water intake

Do you guys ever get ogglers at the gym? I hate it! We use our tiny apartment office gym...and there is ALWAYS guys in there that OGGLE. It's the same guys every time too. Today my roommate was running on the treadmill behind me (I was on the elliptical). Then he got off to use the bike. SO the guy on the only other treadmill SWITCHED treadmills right in the middle of running (as soon as my roommate left) so that he was RIGHT behind me, then proceeded to stare at me (and presumably my butt) the whole time. It's like "do you really need to switch treadmills? they work exactly the same" I was soooo mad..then when I was lifting weights in the other part of the gym, his friends came in and just STARED at me. I was so uncomfortable that I left, thankfully I already got in enough of a workout.

Anyways, it's pretty disturbing. I would get a membership to an all women's gym like curves, but my roommate is a guy. And he also has the car. So it wouldn't work out.

Last edited by vdaybaby; 04-28-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #84  
Made of Starstuff

Morning Flexers!

Keli - I love that saying about how women are like teabags! It's perfect! I think it's cute that you went fishing for the anniversaries Bah! You just remind me that I still have a bunch of clearing out to do. ESPECIALLY with old clothing. I hope the oil is not toooooo expensive!

Chey - Glad to see you again! Keep on posting with us ^^

Institches - Good to hear you enjoy your new yoga And don't hesitate to complain when you need to. Sometimes just writing it all out there helps.

Lizzy - Hey girly

Vday - Ugh... I'm sorry you had an oogler! Really? Switched treadmills? Was it his lucky treadmill or something? What a weirdo! I hope they don't make you so uncomfortable that you leave again. After all, you have a right to work out there, too!

---

Just doing work stuff now. Thinking of you all

Have great days, all!

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #85  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I big presentation in 20 minutes so this will be short - wish me luck!

I caught a stomach bug this past weekend. Was up Saturday night sick ALL night. And I was at a friend's house 2.5 hours away. It was horrible. I ended up sleeping until 11am Sunday (didn't really get to sleep until 3:30 in the morning), then left around 12:30 to drive home yesterday. After I got home, I realized I had body aches really bad. It lasted until I went to sleep last night. I think I only ate around 300 calories yesterday. Every time I tried to eat something, I didn't think it was going to stay down. Everything tasted disgusting. It was pretty bad

I'm feeling better today, though. Of course I didn't get to go food shopping, so I don't have the best stuff to eat today. No veggies because they would be too rough on my tummy I think, and I only had oranges left in the house for fruit.

More replies later! You guys post a LOT over weekends huh? I'm never on my computer on the weekend
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #86  

Height: 5'7"

Institches - I think our DHs went to the same laundry school I've had to pound it into his head that he can't just throw everything together and select hot/hot and be done with it. As for the dairy, I was thinking I was, I still have funny histamine responses sometimes when I have some overt source of dairy like milk or yogurt, but it's not all the time.. so I don't know what I am! I'm still figuring it out.

Chey - I love 3FC too It is like one big group hug, huh?

vday - Let us know how your points experiment works out. I know you were trying to get off a little stall and started trying the Wendie plan... if that hasn't helped by now it's definitely time to re-evaluate. And I agree, what you eat with your points could end up mattering as much as how much you eat.... Keep us posted! And that is REALLY creepy about the guy oggling you at the gym. Is there any way you could talk to someone about it? Is there like a security person, or a supervisor? The building has to make some assurance that you feel safe there, right? Or maybe you can pick a treadmill that doesn't have one behind it? I dunno, good luck with that, it must be really unpleasant!

sonja - you were a cleaning machine yesterday!

keli - I've had that thought (re: the refrig) too, I clean something up all nice to give away and think, why didn't I clean it up nice for me? I wonder if we could make some analogy here between taking care of others and taking care of ourselves and weight loss and yadda yadda.... But I won't try And I sure hate those night time pees too but you do what you gotta do!

Faerie -

modkitten - Sorry to hear you were ill! Stomach bugs are about the worst things ever. Glad you're starting to feel better though.

Yesterday was one of those days where I stayed within my points but spent them on some really bad choices. I had this scone mix in the cupboard and wanted one for breakfast, so I whipped them up. The package makes 12, at 3 points each, and over the course of the day I ate 5 of them. (DH ate the other 7 so they're all gone now at least.) It threw off my whole day because that's a LOT of points, and I wasn't hungry for lunch/dinner at the right times, and ugh, it just made me feel awful. I have this thing for baked goods, I just shouldn't make them until I feel I have more control over my impulses!!

I also didn't manage to even get STARTED on the dang paper I have to write by Friday. I don't even have a topic. I can write on any poems I want between 1650 and 1810 as long as my topic vaguely has something to do with rhyme. It's tough when there's so little guidance on it I guess. So I have three evenings in which to figure this thing out, tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday. Sigh. I'm definitely kicking myself for not doing it yesterday....

Anyway, that's it from me for now.... Have a good Monday!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #87  
Made of Starstuff

Mod - Best of luck with the presentation! Your illness reminds me of what happened to me last weekend: Sick & 2 hours from home. I hope you're feeling better. And I know with stomach bugs, nothing tastes good. I can usually stand something like soup, but that's about it.

Suite - Hey there fellow Blue team member! I hope you're able to get a good start on that paper today! And that scone situation is exactly what happens to me with dessert baked goods like brownies & whatnot. I start out only wanting one or two, but then half the batch is gone because I don't have anything else to do with it and don't want to throw it out. I ended up only making them when I was heading to my parent's house or something so I could just drop them off somewhere away from me!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #88  

Happy Monday,

vday-how creepy, too bad you can turn the machine around and stare right back at him, well I guess that might give him the wrong idea I hope you only go when your roomate is with you, don't want you to be there alone. Too scary these days

Faerie-Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it very often I'm sure.

Suite-and don't forget the dryer, everything on high, don't look at the tags, just in case it's line dry only , Sorry those scones got the best of you yesterday, but today's a new day {and no more scones, calling you }

modkitten-Glad you are feeling better, not easy to eat when the stomach has differant ideas Good Luck on your presentation

keli and lizzy- Boy you guys were busy, good for you, that's something I need to do, spring clean those closets, need to get rid of alot, so I can make room for the smaller sizes

---
well need to get a few things done before I go nite nite, have a great day everyone
Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #89  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Don't know if I said but I gave the clothes to a couple different charities, those drop off boxes are popping up all over the place. That's good I guess, but maybe a sign of the economy, I don't know. I'm trying to make myself aware of what I'm using and not using. Trying not to store, store, store, much like I'm trying to do with my body

The oil was 3.699 a gallon, I don't ever remember paying more for heating oil than gas, but what are you going to do, it's a neccessity...

talk to you later!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #90  
keep on truckin'

Gas is 3.91 a gallon over here now!

that's all I wanted to say
hahahaa