Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #61  
Made of Starstuff

Default I'm back! In a long winded sort of way.

Everone

So I've finally gotten the chance to read e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I wanna thank you gals for your warm wishes & your shout-outs! I'll try to make these replies ohsobrief. They might not be as detailed as I usually enjoy, but I hope you'll all forgive me. -_-

Suite - First of all, thanks for the new thread. I'm sorry to hear that you & hubby had a fight about the traveling... It's always tough to be upset with the SO. I do not blame you for the brownies... they're chocolatey & moist. And sometimes a little more enjoyable than "discussions" with the men. Continued reading: I hope you guys find a great place to go at the end of June! And if I had to spend 3 days buying clothes... I'd probably be able to make shelter out of that much fabric! Yay for the last class ever!!! PS - I swear it almost sounds like you were about to start a countdown until I returned!! Did I mention "YAY" for your last class? Yay! For your last class!

Free - That was an interesting article! Thanks for posting it!

Lizzy - Gosh girly, but you have been busy! I'm happy to see you got back into a pool. And there have been studies on the link between smell & memory. I'll often get a sniff of something and "remember when". About Lost - I know what you mean about this new later start time! I wake up at 5:00 AM, I cannot be staying up until 11! Usually, though, the fiance' & I will watch it together on the laptop on a Friday night (on the network's website). So no spoilers the morning after, people! Also, did you have to mention pretzels & nutella... ; ; soooo delicious ^_^

Gemini - Best of luck!!! Good vibes being sent your way!

Aero - I saw your other thread, and I just have to say it again: CONGRATULATIONS! You really stuck things out & saw things through. And I know it was tough, but you were tougher! Yay yay yay!

Vday - I'm jealous of your ability to avoid the scale for so long. That's so cool!!!!!

Heather - You're back!!!! *glee* Oh and I'm glad to see the boyfriend type person is an ohsonice catch! He sounds wonderful! About the WW account, just make sure to keep checking in regularly for support You're still a Flexer! I hope everything works out with the new medication And you're too cute with your gorgeous avatars!

Chey - Hi there! So glad to have another rambler amongst us.

Keli - Congrats on the NSV - Dontcha just love those clothing NSVs? PANTS DON'T LIE! (often)

Mod - I'm so happy to see you posting here I've always loved that avatar of yours. I also wanna send you some good, positive thoughts about TTC! All the best! (And yay for Lost! )

Manick - Best of luck with all your tracking. If it's working, it's working, and ya just gotta keep on doing it! I'm pretty sure everyone that regularly posts is a lady... but I'm sure we've got our male voyeurs. Hrm... that probably didn't sound right! >_< I hope your holiday is wonderful!

BlzMax & Institches & I hope to gosh I haven't overlooked anyone -

---

Whew was that long enough for everyone?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #62  
Made of Starstuff

Default So what's up with my bad self?

Sent in the deposit check to the B&B for the wedding fun. We picked October 18th. And I tell you this, because it's the "Sweetest Day". It's a little known, Hallmark type holiday, but I just fell in love with the fact that the fiance' & I would be married on the Sweetest Day. Ta da! I'm simple to please.

Tomorrow begins the honest to goodness first deep clean of my room for the moving. Getting rid of old papers that have accumulated, etc. Yoga, breakfast, clean... maybe a little 3FC in between there somewhere! Gosh even a few days and I totally miss this place.

... uh oh... I think my stomach just told me that I ate too many sugar snap peas...

Anyways, I've been thinking of you all, hoping you're all doing well in your lives & daily things

PS - Dawn, you still out there & truckin'? Haven't seen you in a few!

Last edited by Lovely; 04-25-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Oh Faerie -- wow you really did catch up on everything!! thanks for your love on my other post.

Kel -- I just wanted to say thanks for your post on my other thread, too. It made me choke up a bit, reading your post about not judging others...not sure if I was interpreting it right, but I was feeling like I needed a buddy and I feel like you were there for me!! so big time

anyway, my goal for the weekend is to gather all my papers and straighten out my house as well as my debt. It is just so hard to figure out a plan/budget when I have NO income. My internship ends in a month, and then in the summer I'll be working at a summer camp, but for the month in between, I should really find a job! Who hires a person for a month? Any thoughts??

As for food, I'm not so good tonight...wine...uh oh. Change is slow, man, change is slow. Tonight, as opposed to other nights, I can feel myself numbing myself. I was stressed (see previous post!) and then John and I fought, and then John and I drank...and now, here I am. I could feel myself getting stressed and reaching for the wine. Slow changes, but change indeed. Being mindful of my vices.

Gosh, I am so all about me these days!! I'm sorry to be so self-focused. I'll get over it soon. I promise!! And for any of you that have gotten this far in this post, I owe you one!!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #64  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Temp Agency! Hurry to one. Let them know what you're looking for. Sometimes there are odd jobs that only last a week or two, but you'd be able to pull in some sort of income for the month. There's always a few babysitting jobs that might be available, if nothing else!

You and I actually have similar goals this weekend. As I'm working on moving out, it's time to check the ol' budget and reaccess everything. Also, cleaning/organizing of some things. So, madam, I'll be checking up on you after the weekend is over to at least see that you've started it! (Because I will be! )
Old 04-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #65  

ooh good call!! i used to temp...i'll re-contact my old contacts...hadn't even thought of that!!
and yes, monday, i'll have a real number (scary as it may be) of exactly how much debt i have!
s
Old 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #66  

Height: 5'7"

Modkitten - Good luck with the TTC and the house upgrades! I actually really like working on DIY house projects. Sounds like you have some busy months ahead And yeah, I understand the bro-in-law's position too, I can't really blame him! I'd hope my DH would stay home with me too! I've never seen Lost, I guess because I haven't had cable for 6 years! I hear a lot about it. I guess I could rent the past seasons now that I actually have time to relax!

Manick - I just noticed your "mind over platter" -- That's awesome! I think we're all women around here though I do see a couple male 3FCers from time to time. I have 2 or 3 men in my meeting depending on which one I go to/if they show up.

Heather - Do what you need to do! We can certainly provide tons of support for you here. I think slow and steady is the way to go, celebrate every little loss and if you see a gain, well, it happens. You have a lot of life ahead of you yet, and there's a balance to be struck between WL and mental health!

keli - I'm keeping my eye out for fares, it's tough to plan a vacation when you don't know where you're going!! I've seen the first two seasons (or three, did that first mini-season count as season 1?), and by the end of the one that ended last year I got fed up with it. I can't STAND meredith, and it's just way too repetitive in plot lines and romances and whatnot... Bleh. The Office is awesome though I rarely buy things on DVD but I've bought all of the Office that's available, we watch it over and over. I think it's hilarious! And CONGRATS on the pants NSV!!!

Sonja - for all the crap you're going through. Agree with the temp agency. You're going to feel so antsy if you're sitting around for a month without employment given all the other stress in your life, there are definitely things people will hire you to do for a month! As for what I'm planning on doing now - well, nothing with my degree. I've been working for the last year full-time at a research/consultancy company so I'll keep doing that. It's good work. It's funny, we have to fill out this 'exit survey' thing for the school and the questions they ask are 'are you going on to a phd?' NO. 'are you anticipating work in your field?' NO. 'do you feel your English degree will help you in future job searches?' umm.. Not really. Thanks though. And you know, recognizing your habits is the first step to overcoming them....

Faerie - ( you're back!) Aw, that's awesome about your wedding day.. I definitely didn't know that existed. So that's this year, then? Are you a last minute planner like me? I didn't start planning my wedding til about 6 months before, and everyone I told that too was like "OMG! How are you ever going to get anything done??" I guess it's easy when you have a 35-person guest list, and yours is even smaller... Have fun cleaning!

So my project at work yesterday that needed to be in by 7? Well, the client requesting the info sent us an email at 6:10 last night with NEW instructions for the damn thing, which changed half of what we had put together for them. So my supervisor was just like, well, we won't be getting it to them today. So I got to leave at 6:30, after getting in at 8 and skipping my lunch hour to get the stupid thing done. Gar. At least it's out of my hands now.

Annnnnd.... ONEDERLAND! I lost three pounds this week (thank god that 2 pound gain from last week disappeared as fast as it came on), putting me at a rather tenuous 199.8. But you better believe I did a little happy dance when I saw the woman writing a "1---" number on my card at the meeting. I haven't been in the 100's for a good year and a half, I'm thrilled to be back!

We have 2 pairs of handweights at home, 2 3 pounds and 2 5 pounds. When I hit 6 lbs lost, I handed DH the 3lb weights and said, this is how much I've lost. When I hit 8lbs, I handed him a 5 and a 3 and said, this is how much I've lost. and so on and so forth. But now I've lost 16lbs, so I handed him all 4 of the weights and said, this is how much I've lost (btw, 16lbs is incredibly heavy when you're talking handweights!)... And now when I lose more I can't do that anymore! I've run out of handweights! I'll have to find other things to make him hold so he and I can really get a tangible feel for what I'm accomplishing. I'll feel bad when I hit the 70lb mark, though... what do I do, sit a 3rd grader in his lap?

Anyway, it's a beautiful day, and I have my term paper to write Hopefully I'll get some outdoors in too. Have a good Saturday everyone!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #67  

Suite -- I had a moment similar to your weights the other day. I decided to walk to the grocery store (save gas, burn the energy I have stored up in my behind instead!) and on the way home, the bags felt sooooooooooo heavy, and I thought what I had bought and realized it probably weighed exactly what I'd lost. I stepped on the scale as soon as I got home, while still holding all the groceries, and it read 153, which was my very highest weight. It was pretty interesting -- I couldn't imagine carrying all that around all the time!
Anyway, good luck getting some outside time today. I'm trying to get my butt outdoors, too, after I finish weeding through these bills! OH, and of course and for the entrance into ONEderland!!!!

Faerie -- congrats on all the wedding stuff!! That must be exciting!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

lizzy- just like your weight loss journey, your money woes, are no longer hiding out, haunting you, I wish you lots of luck on Monday, and Good Luck on the job hunting

Suite- - onederland can't wait to get there, also like the way you show how much you've lost-great idea

Faerie/Suite- and eveyone else that I missed Good Luck with your weekend plans

---
well it's been very tough lately, weight and personal stuff, but I hope I'm back on track. Just need to try and focus on the positive and let the negative not take over my goals. I need to share, maybe that will help my stress level

I wish I knew what to do, my DH does not have a usual leave the house kind of job, bringing home a weekly check, he works for himself, and business is very slow, so needless to say, I'm the sole bread winner, he tells me things will pick up, he is trying very hard to make this work, but in the last year and a half he's made about 2,000. He knows this is very stressing for me, and on one hand I want to be supportive, but how do I stay postitive when, I HAVE to leave the house sun-thru-thurs 10pm until 7am, and he gets to go to sleep, not to mention that I'm keeping the bills paid, and a roof over our head, all-by-my-self.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #69  

oh, man, InStitches, I hear you I hear you!! That's how it was with John...he worked in real estate, and there was no guarantee of getting paid, ever. It is so hard keeping the resentment and frustration in check. Obviously, I was not able to, and now I'm leaving the relationship. I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm not really in the place to be giving advice! But I can give

Just wanted to say, I just mucked through all the bills, figured out all the debt, moved what I could to a 0% interest rate card. I haven't gotten to the student loans, yet, but I'm feeling really good for now! It's not so scary, I'll get through it.

Thanks again, all!!

S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 04-26-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #70  
The Last 10lbs!

Very quickly going to jump in here and say GOOOOOO SUITE! Congratulations on reaching Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #71  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Talking

CONGRATULATIONS, SUITE! Isn't onederland divine? I am loving it! Well done, you!

Faerie---glad to see you're back! thanks for the onederland love!

I want to catch up more, but I'm at work, and I'd like to get out of here at some point to salvage a bit of a weekend, at least... so I'm off to work hard!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #72  
Made of Starstuff

Happy Saturday all you shiny happy people ^^

Suite - Is "last minute planner" a nicer term for procrastinator? Huge congrats on your Onederland progress!

Institches - That must be so frustrating. Is he at least helping out around the house? Taking care of chores, food, cleaning? I hope it doesn't build into a lot of resentment. I know he's trying, but perhaps a flexible part time job would help ease the financial burdens, too. More .

Lizzy - So glad to see you're making progress!!!! Student loans are usually good debt. Generally speaking they're at a lower APR, and people want to see them, because it's a useful debt... it means you went to school! Even a little bit of credit card debt shows creditors that you can handle being in debt & paying monthly. And, now you know it's not so scary, which is probably what was stressing you out to begin with.

Free & Aero -

---

I spent a relaxing morning just going through my Mega Yoga book & doing poses, and breathing exercises.

Made some scrambled eggs with saute'd onions & red pepper. Had two slices of toast with jam & a banana.

About to get things organized, and get to shredding old bills & whatnots.

Wishing you all a great Saturday!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #73  

institches - Man, I know how hard it can be. I'm in the ranks of women who support their men too. My DH is finishing up his dissertation for his PhD so he's not working... And he wants to get a job in academia, which means that even if he finds a job it won't start til September. (And if he doesn't find one... well... I have no idea what I'll do.) Luckily I make enough for both of us, but that's it - we don't have a whole lot left over for savings/travel etc. It gets hard leaving the house every morning while he's still in bed. I definitely understand, hang in there!!

Sonja - Glad to hear you're getting things figured out!! And getting exercise carrying that food around I had the same reaction holding onto the handweights, like MAN 16lbs feels like a lot, imagine what your body feels like, especially for those of us with more than 16 extra lbs sitting on our shoulders...

Free and Aero - Thanks! I'm still pretty dang excited about it... Now to work hard to get safely away from that stupid 200 number...

So I think I'll hang on to my 27 points per day and not drop a point yet, even though I'm technically in the 190s now. I just don't feel like it's necessary yet... And I like eating

We're going out to Thai food tonight, which is good because I know I can make healthy choices at the Thai place (as long as I rule out Pad Thai immediately, which I love (as we've discussed here already!) but is very expensive points-wise). I'm trying not to think of it as celebrating my WL victory this week because celebrating WL with food is a little messed up, you know? But I don't feel like cooking and we have no fresh veg in the house so... Better than the alternative, which would be something like eggs and ham and cheese (atkins delight, but I want some greenery!).

DH and I ran around like fools this afternoon "playing soccer" -- which really was just us kicking the ball back and forth to each other but because I'm really bad at it I had to run all over the place to intercept his kicks, and I was making him run all over the place because I have bad aim It was a lot of fun though and got me outside before it started pouring rain!!

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 04-26-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #74  

Posting at the same time I see Faerie! Your breakfast sounds wonderful, but your "getting organized" doesn't. (What is this organization of which you speak?) Hope you had a good day!
Old 04-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #75  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Keep us updated on how keeping that point around helps you out. It's so sweet that you & the husband got to run around like that! Playing Getting organized always sounds better to me than "cleaning"... but really... whatever gets me cleaning...