Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!!

faerie -- sounds like things are coming together for the wedding!! that is wonderful! I can't imagine how stressful it is to plan such a big day for yourself. any chance you'd post pictures of the dress?? As for people noticing your weight, girl, you've lost nearly 100 lbs!! Of course people notice!! I know what you mean about all in one week, though. Strange.

suite -- you are so right about the pizza!! how did that turn out for you??

BLZ -- yup, hard to stay in on a beautiful day!

dwn -- good luck this weekend!!

tarah -- i hate hate hate the weather right now!! and i hate myself for how much i've been complaining about it!! but honestly, how many nasty weekends are we going to have?? anyway, don't feel bad for not posting enough!! we are glad to hear from you any time, when you can! good job staying OP this week!!

---------------------------------------

As for the tea conversation, i have never been a big tea drinker, but my dad is allergic to coffee so my house is always stocked with tons of different teas, and my dad ALWAYS has a mug of some in his hand. I know what you all mean about wanting to be a tea lover! I have started liking it, but still don't LOVE it. Except for my nightly bedtime tea. Knocks me out, and i love that!

So, I was not so good last night. Went to a party, drank too much, but didn't really eat, so at least that. I took a cab home and left my car at my friend's house, so I couldn't stop anywhere for late night goodies, and that was a good thing. I feel so good about that this morning! I stepped on the scale because post drinking WIs are always kind, and I'm at 135! now, if that can actually stay on Monday...that would be cool! More importantly, I went up to the attic and found my skinniest jeans, size 6 jeans that I bought but have never comfortably worn, and put them on! we'll see how they feel throughout the day, but pretty cool that at least they're zipped and I'm breathing!

And now I'm sick. sore throat and all that. i have a ton of stuff to do at home (ahem, taxes), so that's fine, I'll just run to the store, get my sick person gear (juice, soup, etc) and stay home until i have to go babysit later. It just hit me out of the blue! BAM and I'm sick. ugh. so i guess no workout today. yoga tomorrow.

good day everyone!!

s
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Faerie - So I totally googled your B&B, it looks GORGEOUS. I'm so excited for you!! (Just since we're sharing, this is the one I had mine at: The Blue Rock Inn.)

Tarah - There you are! I noticed you hadn't been around in a while. Good luck with your WL goal, you can get close at the very least!

Sonja - Allergic to coffee? I didn't know that was something people were allergic to! That's interesting. WTG on the jeans, too, I just love finding "new" old clothes to fit into. Sorry to hear you're sick, I hope it passes ASAP.

Mmm, I just had the yummiest breakfast ever. It took like 20 minutes to eat 1/2c oatmeal cooked in 1/2c water and 1/2c almond milk, with one apple chopped up, 1/2oz walnuts, and some cinnamon. MMM. Talk about filling and sooo delish. Too bad I don't wake up early enough to have this on weekday mornings, it really sticks with you!

Well my loss this week was small, but it was a loss nonetheless and that's good. While it didn't push me over into Onederland, it did push me over the 15lb loss mark, so at least I feel like I made some progress. I'm trying really hard not to get antsy about how slow it's going... It sure is easy enough to tell other people to be patient but when it's YOUR loss that's going slow it's frustrating. I've been at this for three and a half months, or 14 weeks, and have lost an average of 1 and a smidge pounds per week. At least it's going. And I have to keep telling myself that if I keep it up at this pace I'll have lost at least 52lbs by the end of the year, and I can totally handle that So trying to keep it in perspective. It's getting tough though to go to meetings and see all these people who joined with me at the beginning of January, and they're all meeting and surpassing their 10%s already (we had like three of them today)... I'm still nearly 6lbs away, which at my rate means it won't happen until Memorial Day weekend. GUH.

Patience, patience, patience...

I'm hoping the fact that I'll be able to recommit to regular exercise once this damn exam Tuesday is over will help my WL move forward.......
Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #33  

you can do it, jaime!! if it means anything, your patience has been inspirational to me. as well as your personal rule of no time limited goals. it's not a race!! i know you know this, but i can also understand how frustrating it can be to not see a loss. try to focus on all the good you're doing!!
s
Old 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone is having a wonderfull Saturday;

lizzy-Good Job no driving after drinking Awesome about your skinny jeans, hope Monday goes well for you. feel better soon,

Faerie- Super on picking your B&B, I will have to check it out. Now comes the fun part, Planning and Paying Well it's nice that people notice, the weight loss, but I think I agree with you, also you must know, you do have alot to be proud of.

Dawn and Blz

Suite- Hey 15lbs gone for good You are doing Great I know it's hard to see the whole picture when you step off the scale, specially if you did stay OP all week, the body is such a strange thing to try and figure out, alot of people at my meeting have "cheat days" and still a loss, while others fight for every oz they lose. I think you also have to remember stress plays a very important part in the way you body reacts to you losing, and I think you can safely say, you do have a bit of stress , and yes, you are going in the right direction, it just might take a bit longer than you want.

ifindhope- good job staying OP

---
Well finished my first 5K race, hope everyone had a great day for their race. It was so beautiful today that I was able to go outside for my walk, other than too many cars on the road, {still get very self conscience} but that did not stop me from having a wonderful walk, even pushed myself and did some speed walking at times, did the race in just under 1hr, overall had a wonderful time

Have a Great Weekend
Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

I'm not doing well today. Had a couple of set backs today, like finding out my dog (that my aunt now has) died. I missed breakfast, then I was heading up to a Farmers Market & dh wanted to stop at Burger King. So I get a cheeseburger & drink a chocolate milk - poof 11 points gone in about 15 minutes. I never eat that many points for lunch. I'm just trying to justify it by the fact I didn't have breakfast either. Then I ate a 3rd of a brownie we got at the market.

I only have 15 points left, but I know that I have plenty of flex points as a back up...I'm just really blah right now on a weekend I was totally looking forward to.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #36  

Gemini -- I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. At least you're still counting -- that is so important!! You're doing great. Now we just need to work on your hubby, suggesting BK while you're on WW!!!

s
Old 04-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Lizzy, it was technically I that had him stop at BK, I had to go to the bathroom! Then he started whining about being hungry. I should've stuck with my initial idea of a jr. whopper w/o mayo & grabbing a water from my car, it would've saved me like 4.5 points :P
Old 04-13-2008, 04:14 AM   #38  

Hi everyone,

Thank you for starting the FLEX plan # 6.
This is my second week on Flex plan.
I was doing low carb before and just needed a change so I am now doing WW.
The 1st week, I gained a pound,
2nd week, I lost a pound.

This of course is not so good BUT I think my body is still adjusting from low carb to a higher carb eating plan WW and not to mention my body is adjusting to actually moving the body (exercise).

I am doing WW at home. I did WW a few years ago and am doing it now again.

I truly believe that the only reason I didnt gain a LOT of weight is because two weeks ago I started speed walking and now do high intensity interval training of walking one block and jogging one block (alternating) and I do that for two miles, 5 days per week.

what concerns me is that jogging and walking for two miles ONLY burns 80 calories for me and that is kinda discouraging for all that hard work. But I do it because I have always wanted to JOG and now my dream of jogging is coming true, slowly but surely.

Today is the FIRST day I actually stayed within my point limit, yeh!

I saw this on Flex plan # 5.......

What was really inspirational was the trainer told her "Dieting isn't about restrictive eating. It is about adding in more healthy food. The more healthy food you add in, the less you will want to eat the junk".

THAT is really true.... the more healthier food I eat, the less I want junk food. Although I did have Wendys on Friday... my choice.

I am glad I joined this thread

have a wonderful evening and a happy Sunday tomorrow.

butterflyy
Old 04-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

gemini-Sorry your day did not start out well, hope the rest of it went better. Great that you wrote it all down, my leader tells us, it's only one meal out of 21, so if you slip-up, make the NEXT morsel you put in your mouth WW. You are doing great, don't let it ruin your planned great weekend,

Hi butterflyy , sounds like you are on the right path, so happy you decided to join us, Good Luck

---
Hope everyone has a Great Week
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #40  
Tryin again beats quittin

S/C/G: 232/186.6/160

Height: 5"6

Hey girlies, I apologize for popping in and out so randomly, just got alot on my mind with the move and tying up as much as I can here before I go. Also, I guess there was a few days where I got alot on my plate as well, but I've overcome it and not let it get me down. So today, back on track and I'm praying to keep the willpower to stay there.

Institches21: I wrote down the list you put up on a post-it *gotta love post-its* and put it up next to my computer, considering I always plop down at it at some point during the day. I need to work on the eating more before lunch time, and I also slipped into the habit of not eating before weigh-in that I'm proud to say I've improved on.

Faerie: Congrats on the B&B! That's awesome and good luck! And don't you find those compliments motivating? I wish I was getting them, so far I seem to be the one who says "yeah, so far I've lost almost 20 pounds in 2 months and a bit".. And everyone's like, "good for you....o_O". So I just don't mention it, because I don't notice any difference yet at all!? Not in my clothes or anything.. booo.....

ifindhope: Good luck on reaching your goal for your anniversary! I love writing with you guys on here but I don't always get a chance to drop in either. Let us know how you're doing though, because we're here to help. You can do it baby!

shrinkinglizzy: I'm STILL waiting to be able to fit into a smaller pair of jeans.. And it kinda dissappoints me that I can't yet, but oh well, in time right? Congratulations to you though! I'm happy for you!

Suite: BELIEVE ME I know exactly what you mean about having to have alot of patience in this journey... I have to teach myself to not expect so much progress in such a short time.. Although the thing that keeps me motivated is that I look at how much I've lost so far, and remember that even though progress is slow, progress is progress, and with enough patience, ahem, and on my part persistance, I will reach that goal, because slowly is better than not at all. Congrats on the 15lbs! PS: I've missed you!

butterflyy: Just wanted to say welcome, and hope to hear lots about your goals! BTW, if it means anything, you've already wayy surpassed me, if I did the amount of exercise you did every week I think I'd get alot farther, haha, but slowly and surely!

Well guys I'm taking off again, but I promise to get back on here and keep writing. In one of the very first posts I made I said how difficult it is doing this on your own with the people all around you not having to substitute, watch food intake, watch exercise, all that good stuff.. And that being able to come on here and read your experiences, share my own, ask questions, is really motivating for me. One last thing, I appreciate all of you and am very happy to be part of this fantastic group.

Good luck this week everyone!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #41  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

afternoon all! hope you all are having a good sunday afternoon! i went for a bike ride earlier and now I am just relaxing at home preparing myself for another work week!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #42  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying today.

I was fortunate enough to sneak out of work 4 hours early and get to the library before they closed, so I won't have to take time out of the rest of my week to do that. I also find that if I go on a weeknight, I'm more likely to want to eat something I should probably stay away from (like the Qdoba in the building next door!)

I also rode my bike for 30 minutes while watching the Food Network. I feel that since I've started WW, I've replaced eating food with watching other people make food. Not a bad thing, I reckon, and it makes the 30 minutes on the bike fly by.

WI is tomorrow, and I'm actually getting excited about it.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. I just wanted to check in really quick. Alan and I and 3 pups finished our 5 k - 1 mile yesterday, 30 min on elliptical machine and 2 1/2 miles today. Yeah, we got it in. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I only had a second, but wanted to say hi!!!!

Dawn
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #44  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Back from the woods! Sat. was gorgeous, got in 5k over the weekned, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to post it in the 5k thread. Will have to make a point of it, that's the whole point, right (and when I say the cell works in the woods, I mean I can go into the woods to make a call, but I generally pretend that it doesn't and I leave it in the truck, my cell is a flip with one of those niftly little windows that's kind of like caller id, so I do a little screening even when I'm not in the woods, don't tell on me, please... )

I can't remember who posted what, since I had 4 pages to catch up on to get here...

Patience, perserverance, it is key, everyone's progress is different, Suite, I know you post quite often about hiking, biking, etc. so you are putting on muscle as you are losing fat, so your progress on the scale might be slower but the NSVs are quicker, smaller pants, etc.

Faerie, your new avatar is so cute, I always wondered if your old one was you, I liked her too. I think one of the tools for living is positive self-imaging or something, where they tell you to do exactly what you're doing (and the cutie with the shamrock on her cheek, I can't come up with her name just now..eep) seeing yourself at your goal makes it more real, someone else probably said that, but I'll say it again, well, I have already haven't I...okay on to something else

tea, I like tea, but not all, lately I've been trying some chai teas, I like a vanilla chai latte, so I thought I would like a chai tea. I got one that turned out to be milder, good earth, vanilla chai tea, decaf, and one that's pretty spicy, I think it's celestial seasonings, I have bought some sampler packs, some of the fruit teas are good it all depends on what you like. One I love is a honey vanilla chamomile, I put one packet of splenda in it and that smooths it right out. The point is...I think there's a point here is to try some different ones, I get overwhelmed sometimes in the tea aisle, also maybe if they seem bitter, you might consider not leaving the bag in the water as long. I want to try the loose tea, sounds delish, one chinese restaurant near us makes a jasmine tea with loose tea, it's divine.

I think I was going to say more, but I feel I've babbled on enough for now. Great reading all your posts.

Welcome to the newbies, I knew there was something else, Butterflyy, I would say you're right about adjusting from low carb could be affecting your weight loss, you can incorporate some of your low carb stuff into flex, but have to be wary of the fats, and welcome!

Last edited by kelijpa; 04-13-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #45  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

oh yeah, to all the 5Kers! Proud of you!!
Closed Thread