Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #106  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Heather: I noticed you left too...we have ALL fallen off the wagon like you have before. I would agree with Suite and just say work on yourself right now, and don't worry about counting points. If you ARE getting more depressed over not counting points, then you can start counting them again. The main thing I would do is just make sure the food you are eating is beneficial and healthy, and maybe not worry about point counting or portion sizes for right now. I hope you feel better! Let us know!

~~This kind of bring me into something I was going to post. I was watching "Workout" on Bravo, a reality show about a gym in LA. The trainer was training a woman who was really overweight, and was even considering having surgery. After training at the gym, she was able to lose 20 pounds, and it gave her a brand new outlook on life.

What was really inspirational was the trainer told her "Dieting isn't about restrictive eating. It is about adding in more healthy food. The more healthy food you add in, the less you will want to eat the junk".

This is SO true. I have been eating really healthy since February and now I hardly ever crave junk food. When I eat candy bars, they don't even taste good to me. When I go out to eat, I am usually disappointed after what I eat because it doesn't even have much taste due to the high amount of grease and butter and just general fat. I always think "I could have made a HUGE meal for that amount of points, AND it would have tasted better".

Anyways, I worked out today! I skipped one of my classes to do so
We weren't doing anything in it though, so whatever.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #107  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

"It was okay to be upset,... it was not okay to quit. It was okay to feel disappointed, ... it was not okay to let that disappointment keep me from continuing to be healthier." Great words FAERIE, as usual...

Whew! I just got caught up, I feel like I've missed tons!!

Heather life just sucks sometimes, sometimes we say it sucks being a grown up, but the downs make the ups better, I've had my times with depression and self-destructive behavior, we'll probably find it's another thing we have in common that led us all here, I finally got where I would not let someone else determine how I feel. It probably sounds trite, and of course now with DH it's a bit different, but I usually feel bad when he's not happy, because I want him to be happy, but he also simply cannot be happy 100% of the time. That would be it's own kind of crazy, right Listen to what all these good people are saying, try and find someone to talk to, don't worry about the points unless that's going to make you feel worse, and forgive yourself!! We're all human and those that stood you up don't deserve you or your time and energy. Hope you heal soon.

Dawn, we have a camper also, we got electricity last year and maybe will put in a well this year or next, we have water tanks and bring water up and put it in. ~also, the scale will cooperate, remember not too drastic with the punishing, we're talking lifestyle, so we want to do things we will continue to do forever (and ever and ever) I worry about not getting in enough veg when in the camper, though, I usually bring fruit but sometimes vegs are a challenge, I'm going to bring a bag salad this time, I usually bring frozen vegs for side dishes.

I like tent camping, too. Love the hiking (especially now that I'm so much better at it and Suite, I also like the non-availability, funny if I go into the woods a bit I get cell phone service, so I can keep in touch, but on my terms, which I love. I hate being a slave to the phone...it's a necessary evil. Funny years ago when we moved to the Poconos my Dad didn't have a phone put in for awhile (we lived in a mobile home) and then we had the party line, funny how things change, now I don't have a phone in my house, we just use the cells, my MIL will call thinking I'm at home and I'll be at the grocery or something

I was just looking at some pics my SIL posted from their trip to Hawaii, what beautiful country, my Brother and SIL did Medifast, lost a lot, my mom says he was up recently and thinking about trying maintenance, but he's scared, I'm so happy I did this the way I did, slow and steady, Faerie getting to that year mark was huge for me, it really made me feel "I can do this 4ever" Dawn I'm looking forward to being at my goal and maintaining by the 2 year mark, another challenge for me was that I had the 145 by my 45th birthday (which was last year) and then came to a point where I knew there was no way I was going to make that and how to adjust my goal and be proud of myself for what I had down to that point and not consider it a failure, and it all worked out and I'm still slow but sure heading towards my goal, it's tantalizing (like Suite's onederland~can't wait to congratulate her! and Faerie's 90lbs and anniversary~also can't wait to )

Well, I babbled on, may not get back on 'til monday...boo hoo...will miss you guys!! BTW, the WI thread is going great gangbusters, congrats to all!!

Vday forgot to say, I feel the same as you, that sweet/greasy/etc. stuff doesn't appeal anymore and healthy stuff tastes better now. I think you actually taste more when you get away from that sugar and salt.

Last edited by kelijpa; 04-09-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: forgot a couple things
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Holy cow I still don't have the stamina to catch up to all of these posts!

BUT,
Heather, I missed you! But your depressive state certainly makes me remember how i've felt at times. And it sucks, so I'm sorry you're there right now. I don't think there's much that any of us can say to help you out, but know that most of us have been there, too. Bingey and icky and self-hating. And I'm betting that you KNOW that it's illogical. Friggin emotions. See a counselor if you can, I'd say.

Faerie -- love the new avatar!! now that you have a new one, i have to say, the old one reminded me of a scoldy person...which YOU are SO NOT!! I think this new one come a touch closer to the warm, friendly person I imagine you as!

Jamie -- presentation is OVAH!! (as they say here in Boston, where all the "r"s were tossed into the bay with the tea). I think it went OK. Point is, it's done. As for the flex points, I always use them. Usually all of them. I'm sorry, but 20 pts a day is really not a lot! Yup, all my flexies and all my APs, too. I'll re-evaluate if I stop losing, but for now, that's working for me.

Everyone else, WHADDUP!!! I'm gonna get to bed now, just wanted to say hi.
Much love!
S
Old 04-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Heather - ((HUGS)). I can feel your pain. Try to talk to a therapist or someone that will listen without judging. A lot of people are against meds, but sometimes its the little boost you need to get happier. Also, as cruddy as sounds now, exercise is a great mood lifter.

I had a semi cruddy day. I was feeling a bit foul for most of today too. We were crazy busy at my cafe today, which led me to make an extremely poor choice for breakfast. I was starting to feel better after going to a meeting & finding out I had dropped over a pound. But then I got a rude cashier at the store. I did feel better after firing off an email to the company. Ate dinner late, but made a fairly healthy decision and only came in using 2 flex points. I still might treat myself to something more before I go to bead, but I should only use 2 or so more points. First time I dipped into my flex points this week
Old 04-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #110  
Made of Starstuff

Heather - I was wondering where you had gotten to! I'm so sorry things are difficult right now. You know what makes me feel better about my hair? Barrettes. Just 2. Both on one side... One on each side... I think they make all hair look cute ^_^ I'm very concerned about you, hun. I really want you to go talk to someone about the depression & anxiety, to help you work with it. Don't think about points when you should be thinking about getting up and dealing with things that are more important to your well-being right now. Please, take care of your wonderful self.
Closed Thread