Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #91  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

We took our camper up to our land this weekend, no internet up there. I wish I had more time to post and read, but I have to take what I can get, eh?! I miss you guys!

Hopefully I'll get some time before we go up there again for the weekend.

Best to all! gotta go get some beauty sleep
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all,
Good day so far!! totallk OP!!
Again, not a lot of time, but vday you reminded me of when i drove across the country, and once we crossed from the East of the Mississippi to the West of the Mississippi, what had once been Edy's ice cream turned to Dreyers (I think those were the brands). The packaging looked the same, but the name was different! I thought it was so weird. So, I don't know if we have that here on the East. But I will be looking for it!!

Faerie, Suite, Kel, Stitches, thinking of you all, can't wait for this week to be over so i can take some time to write, guiltlessly!

S
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #93  
Made of Starstuff

Default Wednesday!

Hrm. Wednesday

Vday - Is there any way to get in some sort of work out or physical activity w/o going specifically to the gym? Is there an area nearby that you can take a walk around? A DVD you have that you can use to substitute gym time? Either way, take care and just be extra careful with the points this week, then

Debbie - I haven't come across them so I don't know the points.

Keli - Oh Camping! I hope it was fun! Let us know about it when you get the time ^^

Institches & Lizzy -

---

Not much to report here today, friends. I just hope you all are doing well
Old 04-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Presentation day is tonight!!
So I gotta finish in the next 3 hours before I go to my internship.

Just wanted to pop in again, say HI, pat myself on the back for staying OP yesterday (19 pts) and getting all my fruits/veggies in.

Have a good day, all!! I'll be back in full force tomorrow!!

S
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #95  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Way to go on that OP day!!! Best of luck with presentation day!

Last edited by Lovely; 04-09-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Lizzy, Great job with op. Good Luck on your presentation. Please let us know how it went.

Keli - Camping....I love to camp. Not roughing it camping, we have a trailer. It is really nice to get away. Do you have running water and electric?

Vday - I dont go to the gym, we have alot of equipment at home, but sometimes I just cant do that. I have found the biggest loser dvd's. To me, they are still hard, but I like them. Maybe something to try.

Debbie - these guys are wonderful!!! I'm glad you joined the group, also. I dont post alot, but try to read the posts every day.

Institches - I agree with Suite, tell us about yourself.

The scale has finally moved a little this week. I am hoping to have some kind of loss this week. I went to the dentist yesterday. I had a root canal, so, I didnt feel like eating. I used it as my low point day. Do you think antiboitics(sp?) make you retain water/weight?

I have a food question.....I have chicken, brown rice and veggies. I would like to make a stir fry, but am not sure what type of seasonings will make it taste good. I have alot of spices, so hopefully you guys can give me some suggestions.

Its raining here so kind of a blah day.

Have a great Middle of the week.

Dawn
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Great Job staying OP, Good Luck on your Presentation tonight Can't wait to hear how well it went for you

Happy Wednesday to All
Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

Dawn - Yes, antibiotics can make you retain water. Pretty much any drug out there can. But remember it's only temporary. If you see a gain this week you know *exactly* why, given that you're seeing a loss now before the antibiotics. Hang in there and drink your water!

As for the stir fry, my favorite thing to do if I don't have a bottled sauce on hand is in a small bowl combine minced garlic, powdered ginger, oregano, a spoon of honey, soy sauce, squirt of lemon juice, and some broth in a bowl and dump that on top in the last minute or two of cooking to let it evaporate a little. I estimate on the amounts of each thing but it should end up being only about a 1/2c of sauce. Or I make a peanut sauce using peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, and broth. Either one makes a tasty accompaniment to stir fry

Sonja - good luck on the presentation!!

faerie -

keli - Oooh, that sounds fun. I'd love to go on a no-internet mini-vacation. When me and DH went on our "trial honeymoon" (just after the wedding but only 3 days, we're counting our real honeymoon as our trip to brazil this year) we went to a little cabin with no TV, no internet, no phone... just a fireplace, a couch, a kitchen, a jacuzzi, a bed. And lots of trails to hike and gorgeous weather. It was fantastic. I hope you had a good time!!

Me, I'm feeling generally poopy today. TOM's out in full force and I have this general feeling of malaise. TOM never bothered me when I was on the pill but I've been off for 6 months or so now for a number of reasons and the one thing I hate about it is that all the pleasant TOM symptom-reducing side effects have worn off. Sigh. Such is life. Good thing it's only a couple days.... I'm finding comfort in my coffee for now, and some soothing music while I work. Just doesn't help that this is happening now on top of the other stuff I have going on.

Hmm, I haven't had any water this morning yet. That can't be helping. Note to self: go get water to drink.

Hey, I had a question for you all: We all know the importance of eating our flexies, right? And presumably we're all eating at least *some* of them each week. But exactly how close do you all get to the 35? For the Wendy planners, I know only 27 are actually scheduled into your plan. Do you eat the other 8? What about you non-Wendy planners?

I was just thinking that aside from the week when I went way over the 35 I don't think I've ever set out to eat all 35 in one week. I no longer have any stigma attached to using FPs, I use them freely - but I never make it up to 35. Not that I can't, just that I don't. I'm just curious about how this is with the rest of you.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (WEEK'S HALF OVER!)
Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #99  

Suite - thanks for the menu ideas. I have the ingedients for both. As far as the flex pts - I hardly ever use them all. I use about 1/2. I had a hard time using them at first. They scared me...I was afraid that if I used them, I wouldnt lose. however, just the opposite is true. When I use them, I generally lose more.

Dawn
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Suite/Dawn Thanks for asking, well, I'm doing okay, it's that darn scale. Instead of letting it get to me, which it kinda does, but I find it healthier to focus on all the good stuff that's going on for you guys. My turn will get here, so in the mean time, I'm doing my tapes, drinking my water and stay OP, something has to happen, sooner or later.

The reason I asked about the dairy, is I'm always looking for other ways to get it in

Debbie- the points for the FlatOuts that I have, which are Light Italian Herb are: 90cal/2.5fat/9fiber, which are 1 point each, there is also another one which are also very good, it LaTortilla Factory, they end up to be 0points, and that's for one, if you do have a second one, you will need to count 1point, I don't have any in the house, but I remember they are like 50cal/1fat/8fiber. Those I found in front of the meat counter in the deli.

Dawn-a stirfry sounds delish, at my house only I like them, haven't made any lately, before WW, I usually bought one of those stirfry boxes. I'd be interested in any no/low salt recipes. Glad the scale is moving in the right direction for you

Faerie, Lizzy Aero, vday, keli
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #101  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

OH I love the itailian herb flats I use them to make pizza, fatfree cheese and turkey pepparoni! yum!
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #102  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Hey guys. It's been a while. Some of you may have realized that I disappeared while some of you don't know I exist. Which I'm fine with. That's the reality of life.

Things have taken a HORRIBLE turn. I've been Off plan for a while now. Not a litte off plan like.."I went over my points by six!" but like..I went over my point by fourty...I've become extremely depressed, unbelievably anxious (almost had to go to the hospital for one of my anxiety attakcs) and overall horrible. I've been stood up not ONCE but TWICE in the past week. Because of the shift in things, I chopped off my hair. Took the scissors to my hair myself. Now my hair looks like crap, I feel like crap, and I just want to hide under my covers.

I've also missed out on school the past week and a half. I've missed that many lectures, but thank God they're not classes that assign things outside of the lectures (With the exception of one...which I have to do a children's observation paper that is due on the 15th...still haven't started).

I feel hopeless at the moment, and I'm really not sure what I'm doing or what I want to do.

Maybe things will get better.

Sounds like you guys are having better luck than I am.

Congrats to you all.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #103  

Height: 5'7"

Heather - I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Definitely take care of yourself right now - Don't even worry about WW. Sounds like you have bigger fish to fry. Is there anyone you can talk to about this? Does your school clinic have a counselor, perhaps? Or do you have a trusted friend or family member? I hope you have someone you can work with face-to-face about your depression and anxiety, those are both tough, tough things to battle. Best of luck to you. Don't feel pressured whatsoever to follow WW or to post here or anything until you're ready, okay?

For what it's worth, I noticed you had disappeared.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #104  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

heather dont get discouraged! we all have fallen off the program at one time or another! its ok! just pick yourself up and get back on track! you can do! by the way we are close to each other if you are arlington, I am in north richland hills! how cool! good luck to you!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #105  

Heather,

I am sooo sorry you are going thru this. I deal with the depression/anxiety all of the time. I know how hard it must be for you. I hope you can find some one that you can confide in, in person. However, We are all here for you. Going over on points on ww---not a bid deal. Just take it one day at a time. I have learned that you have to put the past in the past. For me, before, If I messed up, I totally gave up. Even if it was just once. This time, I have had some problems, but that was yesterday.....

Being stood up is very hard and hurtful, but it is their loss. Just tell yourself, I am much better than that. I deserve better.

Please take care of yourself and know that we are thinking of you.

Dawn

PS. I noticed that you were missing also. I dont always post, but I do read all of the posts.
Closed Thread