Old 03-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default binging my points away, advice needed!

Not a good day.
I'm binging. My WI day is Monday (yesterday) and I'm already down to 6 FPs for the rest of the week. Worst is that I'm going away for the weekend and expect to have ample opportunity to eat and drink a lot. My plan had been to save all my FPs for the weekend and just do my best to make healthy choices, but today really tripped me up, and I don't feel like it's over. What I feel like is stopping at McD's on my way home and getting a big mac and fries.
But imagine how I'll feel tomorrow.

How do you get back OP after frittering away all your points on emotional eating? I am so tempted just to fall off the wagon for the week and get back on next week, when everything resets and it's like a miniature new start.

Advice?
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hang in there, Chickie . . . you've been doing well. Try to treat every day as a new start -- as a matter of fact try to treat every meal as a new start. We all screw up from time to time. Falling down is not the problem; failing to get up again is. Try to just keep putting one foot in front of the other . . . i.e., one meal at a time . . . and bit, by bit you'll find yourself back on the right track and heading in the great downward direction on the long, bumpy road to better health and fitness.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Do not jump off the wagon for the week. I know it'll be hard, but I promise you that staying on as much as possible this week will be easier than getting back into it afterwards. Sometimes we make poor choices, and this probably won't be the last one you'll make. In the future, once you've hit goal & are maintaining, would you say the same thing? Would you say "Eh, I'm just going to forget it this week"? No, you wouldn't, because that's exactly what got us to where we didn't want to be.

Enough tough stuff.

You still have 6 FP for the week. Go home (without stopping at mcdonalds), unwind, enjoy a cup a tea, read a book. Anything to relax. Anything to allow you to listen to your mind and emotions without trying to quiet them with food.

Plan out your week tonight. If you have time, make things for the next couple of days so that you have meals ready. You won't have to think too much about FP if you have most of your meals all set to go.

This weekend may be tougher than you planned originally, but you can still do this! A few less drinks, a few less splurges (or healthier ones) and you can still be okay! Even if you do end up going over your points, at least you will be conscious of it. This way, when you go to WI and if it's not "down" you won't be too hard on yourself, because you'll know what you ate & planned.

You're still in the game, Lizzy. You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Shrink take a look at where you're at, halfway to your goal!! If the lack of FPs is going to throw you off for a whole week, start your week all over again, put that tracker aside and start a new one. I have found even if I'm over if I keep tracking and monitoring what else I'm eating, I still do ok.

I'm recommitting to tracking, I got one out and started it, as soon as I quit typing, I'm filling it out.

We have to adapt and overcome in these situations, Meowee's absolutely right, try and get back OP on your next meal, definitely not next week. You might end up even more miserable and put it off another week and so on and we all know where that gets you.

If you have stuff you're bingeing on at home, you might have to throw it away. Put it in the freezer...back of the pantry.

Do you do any crafts, or play video games? Something that will keep your hands busy and unable to put stuff into your mouth...This computer helps me with that, it's hard to eat something greasy or saucy and type or use the mouse. I have to keep napkins handy, eat some popcorn, wipe my hand off, use the mouse

Shake it off, don't forget you can earn some APs and make sure you drink your water. Best of luck!

Faerie and I posted at the same time! It reminded me of one other thing I wanted to say, if you can get back OP think how much further ahead you'll be at the beginning of next week. You'll have had a great learning experience and triumphed over a big challenge!!

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-25-2008 at 06:42 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I agree with everything everyone else said

I've been in the same position all week so far -- Saturday through yesterday. I'm about halfway into next week's FPs (seriously, I'm about 15 over my 35) and my week re-starts Saturday. It'd be so easy to give up... give in to my remaining binge urges (they're still there, yep) and just throw away the week. But you know what? If I stop myself now, there's at least the chance of maintaining for the week, and that would be good enough for me. Wouldn't you rather maintain at this point, than gain? Which you'd do if you keep giving into your binge urges.

Do you know why you're binge eating? I could assume that it's because of your tough living situation... Which I know you can't help right now. If that's the case, can you remove yourself from the house for a while to get over your cravings? Go lock yourself in a book store and browse, or something. Anything to get your mind off of what's making you want to turn to food for comfort. Food is NOT comfort, and will only make you feel better for about 5 minutes. After that it'll just make you feel worse for yourself.

Stay strong, Sonja!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #6  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Lizzy - i'm in the same position right now. i have stress coming at me from every possible angle. dieting is hard enough without everything else driving us to our comfort food. most days i start out strong and lose it by evening. other days i don't even try. i have a bad habit of telling myself, "oh i'll just start again next week." but then it's even harder to get back on plan because i've gained a couple pounds and it just feels hopeless! so i think you and i both need to take the advice of all these smart ladies and keep trying, one day, one meal at a time! (ugh, easier said than done right!) we can do it!
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Whatever you do. DO NOT, give up, just start from here. McD's will not solve anything, might even hurt more. I do wish you sucess for your weekend, if you do plan to drink, a suggestion might be, make every other drink, just water, not sure what kind of food will be served, but if posssible, try to plan what you will do before you get there.
Best of Luck-
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: wtb/wtb/jr

don't have any profound wisps of wisdom,but I do wish you well.I hope by reading the posts you will have the strength to do what you know is right.
V-Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

thank you everyone!!
the binge urges subsided yesterday, after i spend much of tues in tears (like, I broke down in the middle of class, that was embarrassing but luckily I'm in a masters program for counseling, so all of my classmates and professors are therapists...tears are encouraged!) but I don't have much hope for the rest of the week. Last night was out to dinner for ex's bday, and tomorrow i leave for a weekend long fiesta. I can forgive myself for eating off plan for the right reasons...the emotional eating is NOT the right reason.
Kel, I am going to take your advice and track, despite the horror of seeing the numbers on the WW website. Here i go...
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote