Old 02-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default What would you do?

I started WW a on the 17th. Lost 4 pounds the first week. Stuck to the plan perfectly. I used 25 flex points last Saturday. The scale balanced out within a couple days.
Now today it is Friday and I have lost only an ounce or so, stuck to the plan, and used only a couple flex points.

So would you suggest that I not use the flex points I have saved for the weekend? Or do you think I can use them and just see what happens over the next couple weeks.
1Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Were I you, I would use the points I saved for this weekend. And give it another week. If I found that my weight loss slowed a lot over the next couple weeks, I'd use less flex points, or re-evaluate what foods I'm eating with them.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

I agree with Faerie. I'd use the flex points too. You're setting yourself up to eat well and watch your portions for the rest of your life, and if the weekends will be when you usually eat more and it will likely remain that way, then do it now as well. If you find that you aren't losing on however many flex points you're using, just use a few less until you find a good balance for yourself. I've been doing WW for two months now and I think I am just beginning to find my own balance, so it can take some time to understand your body and what it needs and doesn't need
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I agree with the above two wise people

If you were saving FPs for the weekend and you were looking forward to having a special dinner or whatever with them, the instant you tell yourself you can't eat them you're going to start feeling deprived. You'll feel like you're being punished for eating your FPs last week. These sorts of negative associations with food are to be avoided at all costs -- they will make sticking to your plan next to impossible because you'll start hating the situation you're in. Does that make sense? That's how I feel this works, anyway.

I agree that you should be patient for the first couple of weeks while you find your body's balance in the plan. There will be a point when it all clicks for you.

My other advice would be to get off the scale! Your daily weighings might be making you panic-y... but you didn't ask us about that so I'll

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 02-29-2008 at 09:02 AM.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #5  

The thing is I do better on the scale. I would be pretty crushed if I got on Sunday and found I just lost an ounce..so this way I am prepared that I may not show much loss.

Thanks so much for the wisdom here!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/183/135

Height: 5'5"

If you plan on regularly going heavily into your flex on Saturdays, I would not weigh in on Sunday. I have found that I usually eat a lot more volume of food when I dig into my flex points in one day and thus, eat more actual weight in food. To me, 24 hours is not enough to help get rid of the increased weight of the food you ate itself.

I usually dig into flex on Saturday's also. My normal weigh in day is Thursday. If I cheat and check out where I am on Sunday, the day after I ate a lot, it never shows a loss, and maybe even a gain! But by the time Thursday rolls around again, and even if I check on Tuesday, my weight is back at a loss.

Again, I wouldnt have your weigh in day be the day after your heavy point day. Just a thought!
tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

I agree with tukogirl. If I were you, I'd make my official weigh-in day on a Thursday or Friday. If your plan is to save the flex points for the weekends, you may find that whatever you are eating on Saturday might affect the number on the scale. Most restaurants are pretty liberal with salt and that darn MSG is in a lot of their foods too.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I weigh everyday (I know, I know) I write it on a calendar and compare to the week before, not the day before. I know when I overeat, I don't really need the scale to show me. It's just the way I start my day.

The scale is tricky, though, be careful with it. It's a tool, not your master.

best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

I weigh every day, but my "official" WI day is Saturday morning. Since I plan to use a good portion of my FP on that day, I don't worry if the scale is a little unkind on Sunday and Monday. Beyond that, don't expect to lose 2 or more pounds a week because it's just not going to happen. WW is designed for you to lose weight slowly as your body adjusts and you learn to eat better. That's why so many people succeed with WW and are able to keep it off. Hang in there! WW really works and you'll look healthier and feel better as the weight comes off.

FYI: It helps to vary your points and exercise each day.
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #10  

For me the day after a big meal I am usually less..and then the following day it shows up. Like last night I used my flex points and today I was less..but will probably be up tomorrow.

As always thanks so much for the wisdom here!