Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Can we post points here?

I know at the WW.com site it isn't allowed. Are we able to here without getting in trouble?
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  
it's always something

What kind of points do you mean? Do you mean posting point values for specific items or recipes that are being discussed? If so, that's fine
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #3  

Thanks Suzanne! Yes, that's what I was referring to. Good to know.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #4  

I wonder why that isn't allowed on WW sites?
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Seems strange, huh? Esp when there are so many other sites that give you Points info for foods... Big companies can be pretty funny about what they will allow. (I called a company yesterday while doing research at work because I needed some clarification about the letter "M" -- prices for a product were listed /M, but it didn't make sense for it to be per million... So I called and this guy basically said it was too complicated to explain what M meant and I needed to sign a non-disclosure agreement before he could tell me. Called again this morning and spoke with a different woman, who very effortlessly told me it stood for 'thousand' -- think Roman numerals -- Anyway, point being, businesses can be pretty bizarre!)
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #6  

I guess a few years ago it was okay but now it's a ban-able offense. I think WW just wants everyone to be paying for that info. I AM a paying customer BTW!!! LOL!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAgal View Post
I know at the WW.com site it isn't allowed. Are we able to here without getting in trouble?
After you posted this, I went over to the WW board and couldn't find anything in the rules about this. Is an "unspoken" rule? I read through the Community Ground Rules, Community Primer and Message Boards 101. (Did I just miss this somehow? It's been known to happen before.)

I'm just curious, I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything.

Thanks!

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  

Well I always see posters asking for points info and then others replying that it's a no-no and against the rules and that you can be banned for it even. There was a thread about this just the other day at the WW site. Think it was in the newbie section. But then you do see someone replying with the points. Also it was mentioned that if WW gets wind of a site posting their points value's that they shut it down on grounds of copyright infringement. Maybe I can find the thread and post a link here.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #9  

Here are a few snippets I found in various threads/posts over there:

Giving out plan information is against the rules of these boards. It is copyrighted material owned by WW.

We are not allowed to give out points. We can get banned. It's on the online tracker or on your slider.

And here is a link to a thread I found

FYI: I found the WW.com boards to be a very upsetting place to be. My very first post in the newbie section resulted in my being called a name. There are people there who love to attack the newbies especially if they deam a question to be dumb. It's dispicable and shocking that WW allows this. I tried a couple times to refer WW newbies over here by posting the link for 3FC in a post only to have the WW mods poof it! They will leave a nasty vile thread up though! It's shameful. That's when I decided to came back here to 3FC. Never have seen anything like that happening here!

Last edited by WAgal; 01-11-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

That's just crazy... I mean, I can understand not giving out plan information but POINT information? Sheeesh...
(Ooh! I just found popcorn in my bra.) LOL 2 point mini bag....

I like the 3FC board and DWLZ much better than the WW board - WAY easier to navigate. I'm also a paid member at Calorie King but their boards aren't as easy to navigate either. I really like the forum feature here of going to the first unread message of a thread AND the fact that you are notified by email of a reply added to a thread. Bickering just irks me. I'm sure some people live for it, but I sure don't.

Thanks for the link and quotes!!!

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #11  

I think they don't allow posting points because the boards are open to the public. Before I joined WW, I googled something regarding WW and it pulled a message thread. I was able to browse and read through the boards without being logged in.
calliopi is offline   Reply With Quote