Old 02-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

First time posting in this thread so here goes.

We have been walking in the morning and the evening 35 out of 43 days. My pants are getting loose. I am feeling so much better. I can really tell when I'm eating right and when I'm not. I went out to eat and asked for a nutritional values printout. I was able to order something that I really liked and know that it was on program, chicken fajitas, yum!! I have been able to find a lot of low cal/low fat substitutes, so I havent felt deprived. I have been drinking my water every day. Oh, Last and most important thing for me....I worked out even when Alan was out of town...Previously, I wouldnt have do it. Not even thought about it. So, those are my nsv's Jan 1 - Feb 12.

What a great thread. It really makes you think about something other than the scale.

Thanks,

Dawn
dwnloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #17  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Excellent, Dawn! Congrats on your NSVs.

I live for my NSVs, they are a huge part of my program. The scale drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm addicted to it, too
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Dawn, those are excellent NSVs!!! And so many at once!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #19  
The Last 10lbs!

Well done guys! Seeing your NSVs makes me pay more attention to my own.

Like today, I was feeling tired because I've been reading all day long for school and hadn't even been out of the house and generally didn't feel like exercising. I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't get to it today, and would just do a bit more work tomorrow instead. But I saw my stepper in the corner and I suddenly decided that there was no way I'd be better off not doing it, and even did 100 steps more than I usually do because I was feeling so good about making the right choice! (Usually aim for 2000 these days). I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing a loss on the scale tomorrow, but actually choosing to do my stepper when I'm feeling lazy is a big step for me!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

Yay for Dawn and freedom's NSVs!!

After last week's stall, and Valentine's this week, I cheated and checked yesterday: looks like I'm still stalling. So, I went back and looked at what was different the first few weeks when I was losing like a...weight-loser , and I've found that my veggie intake is way down. Also, I must be STRINGENT about only one "fun" night: not two, not three (even if I'm okay with FPs), just ONE! And the exercise was not happening, either.

So the last couple of days I've re-doubled my efforts: made SURE all those veggies and 1-points snacks were in the fridge, ready to eat, and yesterday I went horseback riding and today got on the treadmill.

I don't know what the scale will say tomorrow, but I needed an NSV, so I got out my measurements from the day I started, and lo! I've lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist! That really gives me a boost!
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #21  
The Last 10lbs!

That's fantastic Lizzie!! I also need to up my veggie and fruit content. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and think I will get some dried cranberries to put in my oatmeal in the morning and some frozen vegetables. I always buy fresh, but they either go off or I'm just not in the mood for them and so go and buy a different vegetable instead. If I keep my usuals frozen I think that might help! My weight loss seems to have stalled for the last few weeks, and I ate more vegetables when I first started out too. I hope I am successful as you have been!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #22  

WTG Lizzie! Horseback riding sounds awesome. Last time I tried to get on a horse I boosted myself up on one side and slid right off on the other side. When I finally got on no one wanted to ride behind me because my horse was very... er... gaseous. Haven't been on a horse since

My NSV for today comes from this morning. I was laying in bed stretching before getting up, and I put my hands on my ribcage-area. While I was stretching I could feel my abs contracting, it was so neat! They're getting far harder, and it feels really bizarre! Same with last night when I was getting ready for bed, I put my hand on my outer thigh and had a little 'what the?...' moment when I felt a bump there that has NEVER, EVER been there before. I put my other hand on my other leg and I have one over there too, so I suppose that's a muscle. Yay muscle! Yay faster resting metabolism!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #23  
Changing behaviours

I went to a WW meeting today feeling blue because of how long it's taking to get rid of all this excess poundage, and what were we talking about? Non-scale victories. I think I haven't been paying enough attention to these, I'm too focused on the scale. So... here are some things I've noticed:

My riding boots don't pinch anymore
My breeches are definitely less tight
Getting off the horse is less painful (!)
My spin class is also less painful!
I did a 2-hour aerobics class on Saturday (heart & stroke fundraiser) and I don't *think* I made an *ss of myself

Okay, I feel better now - keep posting NSVs, everyone; it's inspiring.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #24  
The Last 10lbs!

Today I was sitting in class, and the hand I wasn't writing with was cold, so I put it between my thighs, as you do, you know, and I found that there was a big gap there that didn't used to be there when I had my knees pressed together! I know that sounds so random but my thighs have gotten smaller! lol
Old 03-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Freedom -- I love that gap! The same thing happened to me recently, and I considered posting a thread about the benefits of the extra blubber (ie, makes better hand warmers!) but that felt a little too...er, unmotivating, I guess! Gloves work well, too, and I'd rather those than thigh fat to warm my chilly paws!

Anyway, I've had a lot of NSVs lately and that's pretty much all I've got to go on:
people finally started noticing!

i wore "the jeans," you know, the jeans...though now they're not goal jeans but intermediate goal jeans. Regardless, I couldn't pull them up ten pounds ago!

I have stuck to my plan!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #26  
The Last 10lbs!

Awesome shrinkinglizzy! That is so great! Congrats!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #27  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Great job guys, I feel a little silly sometimes when I'm out for my walk, especially coming up hill, I look down at my thighs and can't believe how much smaller they've gotten, it's like a baby fascinated by their hand, lol

Another NSV, when I was in AZ, DH and I hiked the rim trail at the Grand Canyon, it felt so great to be able to keep going and see the changes in the view, I ended up with 8 miles on the pedometer that day and 7.5 the next day at Lee's Ferry, I hiked up this trail on the side of a mountain, it was awesome, so great to be able to do that.

Thank heavens for NSVs 'cause I didn't have the SVs this week
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #28  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

My NSV has to be that for almost a month I've been going to the gym (and actually making the effort) and taking my dog and my mom's dog to the off-leash park so I can walk and the dogs can run!!!!
betty grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #29  

Finally another NSV for me!

My belts have all kind of been a little too big on the notch I've been wearing them at, but not big enough to comfortably slip into the next one down. This morning I definitely put on my belt and didn't realize until a few minutes later that it just decided the next one down was where it was comfortable. (Yes, the belt decided this.) I was very excited to discover this this morning, I'm definitely officially another belt notch down! I'm on the last notch on one belt (it will soon have to be retired), and on another one I'm on the one I got down to last time I was on WW. So everything after this is uncharted territory. Yay!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #30  
Made of Starstuff

Yahoo Suite! You're at the edge of a brand new world
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote