Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #46  

Name: Jodi

General location: RI

Birthday: July 10

Marital status: M

Children/grandchildren: 1 daughter

How long have you been on WW/Flex: just started the program AGAIN today!

How much weight do you hope to lose: 40-50 lbs.

What do you do for exercise: Jazzercise and walking

What foods help you stay OP: not sure yet

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I am in my 40's and need to think of my health.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: not putting myself first, just lack of planning and preparing

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: I need to think about what I will eat ahead of time and prepare the food/snacks, I take care of my daughter I need to take care of me too!

What do you like to do for fun: spend time with my daughter, taking her somewhere fun or just watching a movie together

What type of music do you like best? usually today's top hits

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? matches, a good book, a cell phone

Other comments:
Jodi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 258/197.2/175

Height: 5'9"

Name: Bianca

General location: Kentucky

Birthday: August 21st

Marital status: Married for 10 years

Children/grandchildren: 1 daughter (1 year old), Layla

How long have you been on WW/Flex: On and off since September 2006

How much weight do you hope to lose: Another 20-25 lbs

What do you do for exercise: Right now, I chase a toddler and lift 50-lb cases of paper at work.

What foods help you stay OP: Light string cheese, salad, Progresso Light soups, grilled chicken, WW mini 1-point bars.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I want it enough.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Staying focused.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: I'm going to visit several WW-friendly message boards every day. Hearing how others are working their plan helps give me ideas and keeps me focused.

What do you like to do for fun: I like to scrapbook, take pictures, sketch, listen to music, watch movies, play on the pc, and read.

What type of music do you like best? Rock.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Water, some kind of food, and a good book.
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Name: Tammy

General location: Western Mountains of Maine

Birthday: October 30th

Marital status: Married to a great man!

Children/grandchildren: One 19 yo son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: Just started AGAIN today (11/2)

How much weight do you hope to lose: 20 lbx

What do you do for exercise: Brisk walking

What foods help you stay OP: Veggies, yogurt & popcorn

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I'm sick and tired of being overweight and I know I can lose it. I've done it before!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Myself at times..

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Push myself harder and make sure I track things this time

What do you like to do for fun: Things with my family, listen to music, watch NASCAR

What type of music do you like best? Country rock

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? My MP3 player, a laptop and my german shorthair pointer, Hunter (He's hysterical!!!)

Other comments: I really want to do this this time. I'm going to do this for me. I'm going to be 50 next year and I don't want to be an overweight half century year old woman. I want to look and feel good about myself! I WILL SUCCEED!!!! :-)
mattraces5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/161.8/159

Height: 5'9

General location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Birthday: May 19th

Marital status: Separated from loser ex husband, have a great boyfriend.

Children/grandchildren: Fur children only

How long have you been on WW/Flex: Second time around, Started again November 12, 2009

How much weight do you hope to lose: 18lbs

What do you do for exercise: Walking, cycling, running, yoga

What foods help you stay OP: Skinny Cow

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I did it before, kept it off for 2 + years.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Using food for reasons other than pure hunger...

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: TRACK!

What do you like to do for fun: Photography, biking, talking to my bf on Skype, video games, music...movies.

What type of music do you like best? 80s pop

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? iPod, laptop, Nikon D40

Other comments: I'm a vegetarian, female, 35 years old.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #50  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ashley

General location: Germany via Army, moving to NC in January.

Birthday: December 5th.

Marital status: M

Children/grandchildren: 1 son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: (Again) Since October 5th, 2009.

How much weight do you hope to lose: 82 lbs. (Grand total)

What do you do for exercise: Wii Fit exercises, Gym w/Husband.

What foods help you stay OP: Mini-bags of 100 cal. Smart Popcorn!

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I am set in my mind to do this once and for all and also want to be a healthy example for my son. I don't want him to have the journey I did.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: I love to snack.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Realize if I eat more frequently I am never hungry and by picking healthier snacks..

What do you like to do for fun: Just hang out with my husband and son.

What type of music do you like best? Anything really.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Notebook, pen, bible.

Other comments: I am really happy to be back on plan and look forward to meeting others that are make the lifestyle change as well.
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #51  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default :)

Name: Zan

General location: Florida

Birthday: October,

Marital status: Un, married that is. (Single)

Children/grandchildren: Nope.

How long have you been on WW/Flex: One week and one day.

How much weight do you hope to lose: Hope? Hm... 86.6 lbs.

What do you do for exercise: Breathe? Shower? I haven't, but I'll soon be walking to start.

What foods help you stay OP: Veggies and Fruit (Mainly apples, carrots, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, and lettuce)

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I've never bothered before and I am learning how I should eat.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Whether or not I'll be employed come April.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Get a job? Cross my fingers and hope I won't be laid off?

What do you like to do for fun: Read on the internet and play Dungeons and Dragons 3.5

What type of music do you like best? Varies, but I'm listening to Bowie and Stynx now.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Replenishing food source, abundant clean water source, and a nicely stocked med kit. I'll end up hurting myself somehow, I just know it,

Other comments: Does anyone actually read these Bios???
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 AM   #52  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Name: Haley

General location: Vermont

Birthday: March 5th

Marital status: S (with bf)

Children/grandchildren: 1 daughter

How long have you been on WW/Flex: starting this week 1/11/10

How much weight do you hope to lose: 100 at least

What do you do for exercise: I'm going to start pilates at school and c25k

What foods help you stay OP: boca burgers

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I'm going to go to meetings

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: soy cheese pizza

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: not sure yet

What do you like to do for fun: go to new places with Kate

What type of music do you like best? metal

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? laptop, water, hammer (to open coconuts)

Other comments: I did Zan lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #53  

Height: 5'6"

Aww my original bio was deleted due to inactivity! Guess that'll teach me, hehe...

Name: Liz or Lizzie

General location: Los Angeles, CA

Birthday: Oct. 26, way too long ago

Marital status: married - second time's the charm!

Children/grandchildren: one son, 16, two stepsons in their 20s

How long have you been on WW/Flex: this time, since 1st week of Jan 2010

How much weight do you hope to lose: around 55 lbs

What do you do for exercise: surf the internet? LOL, well, I'm goint to start using my treadmill, and my DDR dance pad, and my wii, and my weights. Yep, have had all that stuff around just gathering dust!

What foods help you stay OP: zero-point soup and green tea

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: have a tangible goal in mind (need to be able to carry my side drum)

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: frequent travel/business parties

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: bring food, get right back OP when I return if necessary (something I didn't do in 2008).

What do you like to do for fun: drum, draw, web-stuff (design/surfing ), read

What type of music do you like best? alternative, techno, trance

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? sunscreen, notebook, pencil

Other comments: I'm an oddball: artsy, capricious, curious, optimistic. My biggest problem in general is I have little restraint! Always wanting to try new things and experience life to the fullest hehe.

*waves hello to all*
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Name: Sis

General location: Montana, USA

Marital status: Partnered (I suppose it's technically common-law by this time!)

Children/grandchildren: I'm happily childfree, but I am an auntie to three lovely kiddos

How long have you been on WW/Flex:
This time around: 5 weeks. But I did WW about 8 years ago for about year and achieved Lifetime Membership.

How much weight do you hope to lose: 45-50 lbs. total

What do you do for exercise: Run and lift weights

What foods help you stay OP: Low-point soups that I make in my pressure cooker. Love, love, love beans and veggies!

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I'm older now, and my weight was starting to negatively impact my health. Self-preservation is a powerful motivator!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: I LOVE FOOD!! Seriously, I read cookbooks like they were novels. I'm one of those folks who truly prefers good food to almost anything else.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: By taking it one day at a time. Plus, it helps that I now live in Montana, which is pretty much a culinary wasteland. I'm not much for meat and potatoes, and that's all they seem to have here. My partner is very supportive, too. So, I've got that going for me.

What do you like to do for fun: Read, sew, watch British movies (like Sense and Sensibility) while knitting

What type of music do you like best? I don't really listen to music. I do love listening to Old Time Radio, though. I love the radio plays!

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you?
Knife, salt, big plastic bowl

Last edited by SissieSue; 01-15-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

Name: Janet

General location: Illinois

Birthday: September 9

Marital status: Engaged (like someone else said common law by now)

Children/grandchildren: 1 step-son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 4 months but 4th time joinining

How much weight do you hope to lose: 150 pounds

What do you do for exercise: Wii Fit Plus, Leslie Sansone DVDs, Biggest Loser DVDs, walking the dogs when weather permits.

What foods help you stay OP: lots of veggies.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I am in my 40's and need to think of my health.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: not putting myself first and all the negative voices in my head telling me I can't.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Continue going to WW meetings and stop listening to the negative thoughts.

What do you like to do for fun: Read, cook, watch TV

What type of music do you like best? Pretty much everything except rap.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you?

Other comments:
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Name: Lauren

General location: Kansas

Birthday: 9/21/88

Marital status: Engaged

Children/grandchildren: None

How long have you been on WW/Flex: About a month

How much weight do you hope to lose: Whatever is healthy and makes me happy

What do you do for exercise: Walk, stationary bike, exercise dvds

What foods help you stay OP: Vitatops, shrimp, ice cream bars, fruit, and veggies

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: The first time I lost weight I was motivated but I had never had any experience in support or maintaining weight. I also let life obstacles bring my success down.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Being lazy.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: One day at a time I'm staying OP and getting my butt off the couch.

What do you like to do for fun: I enjoy walking my dogs, make-up, blogging, and spending time with my loved ones.

What type of music do you like best? Variety

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? laptop (who knows maybe there's wifi ), food, and something to read

Other comments:
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7

Name: Mia

General location: Michigan.

Birthday: March 17th.

Marital status: In a relationship.

Children/grandchildren: None.

How long have you been on WW/Flex: About one week.

How much weight do you hope to lose: 40 pounds. Technically, my goal is 100 pounds lost - but I'm already well on my way!

What do you do for exercise: For now I've been doing the treadmill and stationary bike. I incorporate a few fitness DVDs when I get too bored.

What foods help you stay OP: The 100-calorie packs that are everywhere now! I love 'em!

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I have the motivation necessary to succeed. I've lost 60 pounds so far - and with more than half my goal met, I can't quit now.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Myself.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: A lot of determination and a little patience.

What do you like to do for fun: Hang out with friends, read - nothing too exciting.

What type of music do you like best? I don't have a favorite, really. I listen to anything and everything.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? A good book, an iPod, and a survival kit. Haha.

Last edited by Mia90; 01-30-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Mia90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #58  

Name: Terri

General location: SW Florida

Birthday: 11/29/1974

Marital status: Married

Children/grandchildren: 4; 3 boys and 1 girl

How long have you been on WW/Flex: off and on for about 1.5 years

How much weight do you hope to lose: at least 100, but really needs to lose around 130 lbs.

What do you do for exercise: Wii Fit and walking

What foods help you stay OP: Veggies, chicken, yogurt, Fiber One products

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: the variety of foods there are to choose from.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: having little support at home.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: haven't yet

What do you like to do for fun: shop, photography

What type of music do you like best? country

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? my computer, a good book and a pillow.

Other comments:
daisygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 AM   #59  

Height: 5'7"

Name: Michelle

General location: Baltimore, MD

Birthday: 05/10/1973

Children/grandchildren: Hope, 19 months

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 3 weeks

How much weight do you hope to lose: 60-70 lbs

What do you do for exercise: Walk, run after a VERY active toddler

What foods help you stay OP: Cherries, celery, Laughing Cow cheese, yogurt, almonds, No Pudge brownies

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I want this for ME first and subsequently for my family. I want to be able to teach my daughter how to eat healthy by example. I have a great support system in my husband and family and don't have the old temptations of working in an office that loves junk food.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: I don't eat for emotional reasons; I just love food and eat too much of it.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Learning portion control and following the structured points system is essential for me right now.

What do you like to do for fun: Playing with my daughter, reading, playing games. Trying to start something active once the weather breaks.

What type of music do you like best? Classic rock, but I like most music except rap, "new" jazz, and gospel.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Mirror, toothbrush, boat

Other comments: Nothing right now, which surprises me because I rarely run out of things to say! haha
Sewergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #60  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

Name: Jennifer

General location: Houston, TX

Birthday: January 14

Children/grandchildren: No kids yet, but we're working on it

How long have you been on WW/Flex: The past week has been a "trial," but the real deal starts Sunday. I'm excited!!

How much weight do you hope to lose: about 200 lbs

What do you do for exercise: Walk and swim

What foods help you stay OP: Instant oatmeal, Jell-o Mousse (YUM!)

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I'm finally doing it for the right reasons - for me!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: I love food.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Making smarter eating decisions, seeking support from places like this board, attending meeting, not depriving myself

What do you like to do for fun: Hang out with my husband and friends

What type of music do you like best? Indie Rock

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? iPhone, my Pug Fletcher, facial scrub
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote