Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #91  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 272/268/170

Height: 5'7

Hi all! It's nice to meet you!
I just bought 12 wks of WW meetings Yesterday- and I am excited for the vouchers to come in so I can start. My aunt is going to go with me. When I asked if she wanted to go- she was all for it! I've been thinking about WW for the past week- until I finally decided to just DO IT! For some reason when ever I hear "Weight Watchers" I think of The Biggest Loser-- and some gianormus scale beeping random numbers for the world (meeting) to see. I jsut couldn't do it. But a friends mom had gone and said it's not like that at all. So... I signed up. I have actually been doing research and been testing the waters for a couple days. It's actually very doable from what I see. I figured (using formulas I've found online) my points are about 31- but I've been staying closer to 25. But it's good to know that I could hit 31 if I wanted to. I think the smaller number is good while I am getting into "diet mode".

I have tried countless diets. 6 week body make over, and Atkins were the best for me. While on Atkins I lost the most- The lowest I've ever been is 145 and that was when I was 20-21. Then gradually I picked up the weight again. Now I am 25- and the heaviest I've ever been @ 240. I've dropped 5 pounds since starting this test WW program.

I look forward to the meetings and can't wait for them to start. I think I need the accountability. And I love all the support tools that are every where.... especially here! Good luck ladies!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #92  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Commit, it's good to see your enthusiasm! You'll probably be happy to hear that if you're supposed to get 31 pts. and you're only getting in 25 you're not eating enough. It's funny you go on a "diet" (it's not a diet) and end up eating more than you were when you weren't on a "diet". We were eating the wrong things. You're in for a great experience, enjoy!!

Your leader will tell you, I'm sure, you need to eat all your points everyday. It doesn't help to cut down from what you're allowed, in the long run it will slow down your weight loss. Your metabolism will slow down and in turn your weight loss will slow down.

You'll do great, the beauty of WW is that you can use your points how you want, if you want to eat lower carb you can, in fact the Core is very similar to low carb plans, but you get to eat fruit and potatoes. I follow Flex, keeping in mind the principles of Core.

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 174/174/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. It seems like I've been gone from here forever! I just got so busy with watching the kids I have everyday for daycare. I seem to never find time to check in. When I get the time at nite I'm pooped! Does chasing two 3 yr olds and caring for a 6 month old count for AP's for a 50 yr old woman?! LOL!! Just thought I'd check in. I have a weigh in tonite but I don't know if the scales will say I lost much. I am on week 12 and have been losing steady about a pound a week give or take a few ounces. But I just feel like it may be slowing down. I'm having a few back problems that keeps me from getting in my exercise. I'm hoping to start my Leslie Sansone dvd's again for exercise next week. Hopefully my back will be good to go too.
I'm so glad I stumbled on this site and this thread. It seems to be a good place to call "home".
Just for you info everyone I just finished a new WW book I bought on line titled Start Living, Start Losing. It just came out. I think I got it on amazon. Anyway, it's a great inspirational book with lots of personal stories of people losing weight. Very good book to read whether you're new to WW or like me-been there a few times + LOL! There was more than one story that inspired me especially the ones about getting "stuck" and not losing or the scales going up. I think it was well worth the money.
Well take care all. Hope you all end up being big losers this week!!:}}
Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #94  

Height: 5'7"

Two major things to report for today:
1) Just went to my WW meeting and was down 3.2 lbs....
2) Just called my sister and found out she's pregnant!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #95  

Default on the flex plan

i am on the flex plan and love it. it helps me keep track of the foods i eat * as well as keeping a food journal * i am now at the point where i automatically take the food i order out and half it and ask for a take out box.

i no longer desire junk foods i am fully focused because i know i have a goal * to loose 30 lbs by summer to fit in my fav bikini *

i discovered on this plan that healthy foods can be delicous and filling.
keeping a food jounal helps so much and when i get discouraged should i get off track i tell myself no one is perfect except one ind GOD
and that half begun is half done.

i have several things that motivate me:
1. i hung my fav bikini that i want to get into by summer over my bed in my bedroom where i work out
2. I took a pic of me currently in that bikini and hung those pic up on my fridge ( and think if i go in the fridge and snack at 10:00 pm ill continue to look like this ) ..

the ways to motivate youself varies from person to person. take whatever works and DO IT.

angela in nc
Old 01-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #96  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Suite Congrats on both your big newses...however you say that...

Angela Great idea with the bikini pic, a little scary, too! They say you can't accomplish anything great without experiencing some fear, though...you've got me thinking...
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 174/174/140

Height: 5'2"

Been away too long. How is everybody doing? I'm still here plugging away at this weight loss journey. I am hoping to be under 170 this week at weigh in. I'm going to try a Pilates class that someone from our WW meetings suggested. We'll see. I don't even know what it is. Anyone every try it or have any info?

Take care all.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #98  
Brittani Widman

S/C/G: 218/211/194

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Brittani, I'm 23, married for 3 years, and a mom to a 3 year old daughter.

I just joined WW this week and I'm really excited and a bit anxious about losing weight. I'm the biggest I have EVER been and quite frankly, I don't want to be bigger. I'm out of breath just getting in the car let alone playing with my daughter and I'm completely miserable. So, that is what motivated me to do this, among other things of course.

I think the hardest part of this for me will be portion control and getting off those caffenated drinks! I am a sucker for Dr. Pepper's and such I don't think I've drank any water in MONTHS! That is horrible!

Anyway, that is pretty much it. I look forward to getting to know everyone and making online friends.

Have a good evening ladies!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #99  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

Greetings Flex Folks!

This is my first time trying WW. I've been ill for the past 2 years, and have gotten my health under control to the point where it's time to address all the weight I've gained. The Flex plan works perfectly for me because my primary problem besides inactivity is eating proper portions. Plus, if I can't eat my very favorite foods, I get cranky. *G*

Anyway, I'll be looking for support here even when my WW Online subscription runs out, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

A question I have -- we're supposed to use all of our points every day, right? I have 3 left, and I'm not really hungry... should I just let them go?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #100  

Welcome you two!

Zoesmom: The decision to lose weight is one of the best things you could do for your daughter! Congrats on making that big first step, hope to see you around

Hafowler: No water in months?? You really like that Dr Pepper Maybe start out with some caffiene-free water variations, like using the little Crystal Light thingies in bottles of water, until you start developing a taste for less... syrupy drinks? Getting the caffiene out would be a big start. And if I have just 2 or 3 points left at the end of the day and I don't want a 1-point fudgsicle or anything like that, I usually let them go. If I have 4 or more left I definitely get something else to eat, even if it's just 1/2 oz of nuts (2pts) or a square of dark chocolate. You don't want to get your body used to low points intake now or you'll have nowhere to go as you lose!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #101  
Changing behaviours

Hi, I'm new here but this is my second go-round with WW. Back in 2001, I signed up weighing 154 but didn't stick with it; last Friday, I weighed in at 184and my GOAL is 150! Ha ha. My first weigh-in will be on Friday, and since I've had a good week so far, I'm looking forward to a loss.

There's a lot of positive support here, I look forward to seeing you all around the boards.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #102  

Hi -

I just found you guys while surfing at work (bad..) and I just had my first weigh in last night after being in Weight Watchers for one week. I'm down 4 pounds!!

I'm so excited because every other "diet" I've tried, no matter how "good" I am, has been way harder than this. I'm normally a super slow loser and I realize that the first week is usually a lot of water weight, but it is encouraging.

My teenage daughter has struggled with weight all her life and has recently been diagnosed with PCOS. We joined WW together so it's helping us both to have a buddy to go through this with.

I'm so notorious for not following through with things like this, but I have to this time. I'm the heaviest I've ever been without having a baby to show for it!

Thanks for listening (reading?)!
Jerseychik
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #103  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

My mom and I both made lifetime when we joined WW together. Best of luck! And keep going to meetings when you make lifetime!

We have a tendency to think we're invincible once we get to goal.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #104  
GmaTo8

This thread is getting kind of long for those with a dial-up internet connection. See you at Flex Talk #2!
Closed Thread