Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #31  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Drinking water really makes a difference for me, you have to be careful not to drink a bunch right before weigh-in though. "A pint's a pound the world around" I did that once and was crushed that I was so good and gained, my leader told me what should have been obvious maybe, but I needed somebody to tell me.

Also, you might want to look at how much processed food you're eating and the sodium. Sometimes, convenient foods are loaded with sodium and make you retain water.

Finally, make sure when you are figuring your points that you are paying attention to serving sizes and the number of servings per container, like some sports drinks are 2.5 servings per bottle.

Ok, so that wasn't the final, I also forgot, muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space, so check your measurements, I believe it's Dr. Oz that says you should go by your waist measurement rather than the scale. I have used my measurements for NSVs (non scale victories) many times when the scale wasn't budging.

Best of luck! p.s. I use flex and core, when I need to be reigned in it's flex, but I like the learning my limits and getting in tune with my body and hunger and such aspects of core.

That's it!!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I am just hopping on to this board. I am glad to see so many positive posts. I just cancelled my WW online acount. I got tired off the negativity on the boards and the way people who had been around for awhile talked down to the new people.

I am going to try and start going to meetings this week. I find it hard for me to get to the same meeting every week.

I did WW before I had my son and lost 45 lbs. After I had my son I got within 7 lbs of goal weight but then we moved and it has just slowly crept on over the last few years. I am tired of it.

I can't "weight" to take this journey with you.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #33  

Hi there I am from Canada and also cancelled my online account and joined meetings instead. I found that I need the human contact once a week and need to put faces on people, I love the boards but I never know how genuine people are. I like the face to face thing....but what I like about the boards is that I can vent my feelings....kind of theraputic.....I hope that going to meetings and making new friends here helps me to accomplish my dream of health....
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

I think this thread, and the WW board here in general, are so positive and very friendly, too. I always feel more enthused about watching my portions, etc., when I've checked in here. Right now, I'm facing challenges, as I know you all are, with Christmas parties and celebrations galore! What I try to keep in mind is to not give up what I want most,(healthy weight loss) for what sounds good at the moment (fudge, etc.).

Are you all done with your Christmas shopping? The only thing I have left to buy is a few more things for DHs stocking, but I have a couple of ideas.

Have a good, OP day!

Last edited by Jane; 12-18-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 375/361/170

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Also, you might want to look at how much processed food you're eating and the sodium. Sometimes, convenient foods are loaded with sodium and make you retain water.
This is ALL too true. I know you're not technically "supposed" to, but for a little while, I got in the habit of seeing how certain foods affected me by jumping on the scale a little while after I ate to see any fluctuations in weight, and some of my most shocking sudden "gains" occurred after a heavy sodium meal. Since then, I've tried to go easy on the sodium, and if I can't avoid it, drink lots and lots of water thereafter to dilute and flush it out.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #36  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone! Sounds like you all are doing fantastic! I wanted to share with all of you that I just cancelled my Monthly Pass......drumroll please....because I WILL get my Lifetime status on Saturday!!! YIPPEE!!! I had an off-plan weekend in Branson this past weekend, but I know that I didn't splurge enough to be over my goal weight as I was 6 pounds below it before we left for vacation. Meetings will now be free for me FOREVER, because there's no way I'm putting this weight back on! Have a good day, all!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM   #37  

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!! That is very exciting and motivating for the rest of us. You did awesome.

I am definately struggling. I start out with good resolve and then I get to work and it flies out the window. I am a teacher so I am about to go on break, so I am going to use the two weeks to build up my resolve.

Does anyone watch Biggest Loser? The amount of weight lost was amazing. I am sad that a girl didn't win.

Jasmine
Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

Smile

I switched to Flex 2 weeks ago and have been doing well. In 27 weeks, I am down 54.5 lbs. as of Tuesday's weigh in. I've been rotating Plans starting with an old exchange Plan called freedom Plan June 12th for 4 weeks then went Core.

I decided to try Core again as of Tuesday's weigh in. I decided also to track points after a day's eating. Tuesday I was ok... I have 30 points/day and add 5 wpa's to use it or lose it. Kind of strict I know but very effective lol.
Tuesday I ate 34 points. Wed. uh oh, 39 points. That won't do at all. Decided I am following Core to a "T" but I realized that my popcorn snack last night put me over if I was doing Flex. I need to just do Flex with 30 today to offset the 4 I shouldn't have used. I know Core doesn't count points but I think I will do a switcheroo and stick with Flex. My conscience is a peculiar thing. If I get that "uh oh" moment, I listen to it.

Anyways, I'm realizing what you had said about food quantity and overeating. The numbers don't lie. I guess what happens is you do whatever it takes to move the scale down and where you feel confident that you're in control and can navigate your way down the scale numbers.

One more thing to add.... the biggest losers I have met online were on Flex. I have received quite a few Flex Plan members' emails that have told me to look at Flex again and realize that if my potential is to put a lot of food away in my stomach. I need to realize accountability because sooner or later my tendency to overeat is going to surface again with Core. That last email was a doozy. She totally disagreed with me NOT counting points and said that I am going to stall out first and then start to gain weight back... ugh! I really needed to know that by a lady who lost 150 lbs. and is down to goal weight . That email was was everything I needed to know. It scared me silly!
I'm back tracking points today so hi to all today!

I have 80 1/2 lbs. to go. I am looking to get those pounds off all of next year! I'd love to see all or most of them off January, 2009!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #39  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Congratulations, Kelly! What a fantastic victory!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

WooHoo Kelly! What an accomplishment, especially right here at holiday time. You're a true inspiration.

Congrats, also, to each of you that are doing so well.

I had dinner out with my sisters, and over-indulged. Plus, I ate too much last week, at a dinner party here at my own house. I must reign myself back in or I'll be so sorry after Christmas!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #41  

Good Morning!!

I went to a meeting last night. This is my third time trying again. I liked the leader. Last night was her first meeting by herself. I like the idea of a new leader as I start a new journey.

I did however not like the number on the scale. Ugh, I never want to see that again.

I am excited because I am on winter break until Jan. 3. YEA!!!! It is so nice just to hang out this morning. I am headed to Costco later with my mom, but that is fun stuff. I love looking through Costco.

Jasmine
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #42  

Hi everyone -

Wondering if you had room for another "flexer"? I just love this board and have met many nice people heree. I have always had good success with flex and have been enjoying the conversations here.

Jane - you are doing a great job here!! I am originally from the midwest too!

I have had a few stressful months but did return to WW and meeting right after Thankgiving. In the beginning of August, I moved cross country with a 6 yr old to help care for my Mom who had brain cancer. My sister and I took 24 hr care of her until the last few weeks when she went into full time hospice care. She died last month so we are trying to get our bearings. Luckily I got my daughter enrolled in kindergarten almost right away so she has had so diversion o fit all.

But after Thanksgiving, I just found a meeting and I too LOVE my leader. For me that has been huge to my success - now and in the past. I just decided after all the stress, it was time to do this - no matter what time of year etc. For me there is ALWAYS an excuse why I shouldn't get started..tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow..so I just made it today

Look forward to traveling this very successful, very do-able journey with you all!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #43  
GmaTo8

Patty, first of all, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost mine, too, quite awhile back. Also, thanks for the kind words. Welcome to 3fc and especially to the Flex forum. Yes, once you get your mind set in the right place, it really doesn't matter what time of year it is. As I've heard before, if you want to do something, you'll find a way, and if you don't want to do something, you'll find an excuse. Your 16 pound loss speaks for you! Again, welcome, and please post often.

Last edited by Jane; 12-21-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #44  

Thanks so much Jane - trying to get though the next few days (emotionally) and I know that will help. I almost would have liked to have skipped the holidays this year, but I have a 6 yr old daughter and that was not possible

I am staying true to the program and am so proud of myself. I promised myself that this time it had to be that way and quite honestly for me at least, it hasn't been difficult because with WW, you can have anything It is the only thing I can control around me right now. And it has taken me a very long tme to get here - I was always a "tomorrow" person and I had to just do it. Plus my meeting/weigh-in is the day after Christmas

Hope you all have a great day and hoping all the flexers come here to post on one thread so we can exchange ideas etc.

Take care everyone,
Old 12-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #45  

Way to go Patty!! Good for you to be sticking with it and doing something for yourself.

I also am struggling with this time of year. There is just to much food. Then on top of it my TOM should appear today or tommorow and I definately munch when it is about to appear.

I am trying a new recipe today for Lemon Bars. We are all supposed to bring something for dessert for our big family dinner. This way I know something is healthy. It is actually a receipe from Pampered Chef.

Have a great day!
Jasmine
Closed Thread