Deep Dish Pizza Quiche

• I got this from the Low Carber Forums and had to make a few adjustments based on what I had in the house (or what's available in my stores LOL). But in order to give you the nutritional #'s - I'll also tell you exactly what I did.

4 oz softened cream cheese (I only had 3)
    4 eggs
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 TBSP chives (I didn't have)
    1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (I didn't have)
    1/2 tsp minced garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder (forgot to use LOL)
    2 cups shredded cheese (mozza/cheddar mix - but I only had cheddar)
    1/2 cup LC tomato or pizza sauce (I didn't have/couldn't find so I used 3 TBSP tomato paste mixed with a bit of water)
    1 cup shredded mozza cheese (again I had to use cheddar)

Toppings I used were:
    1/2 cup diced peppers
    1/2 cups diced onions
    80g sliced pepperoni
    4 strips bacon
    1 cup sliced mushrooms

Preheat over to 375;
    Beat together cream cheese & eggs till smooth (I used my blender);
    Add cream, parmesan cheese and spices;
    Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with Pam;
    Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over top.
    Bake at 375 for 30-35 mins.;
    Remove from oven and spread with sauce & add toppings;
    Cover with mozza;
    Bake till browning & bubbly (or however you like it);
    Let stand about 5 mins.

I got 8 servings out of it, so per serving...
    325.25 Calories
    26.375 Fat
    5.6 NET Carbs
    16.5 Protein

I used way too many toppings on mine (it was loaded LOL) & the calorie count was a little high for me, so in future when making this, to cut carbs & cal's down, I would definitely use the mozza and not all cheddar, cut back the onions to about 1/4 cup, mushrooms to 2/3 or 3/4 cup and the pepperoni to about 60g.

So, depending on what toppings you use, the #'s will all be different, but I tell ya, this was GREAT. Tasted just like pizza, although the bottom was a little soft and couldn't pick it up like a pizza slice (had to use fork).

Let me know what ya'll think when you try this (and you HAVE to try this if you're a pizza freak like me ).
  • This sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo good
  • printing it off now, thanks SO MUCH!!
  • I will be printing this off to use!!
  • That sounds fabulous! I'll have to try it, because just scraping the toppings off of pizza isn't working for me. Thanks!
  • I want some!!!
  • That recipe looks very similar to this one, which is Induction friendly & only 2 net carbs per serving
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/deep_dish_pizza.html
  • Mmm, this sounds good!
    Will have to throw some anchovies in with it, though.

Printing off the recipie now.
  • JerseyGyrl, thanks for that recipe! It looks so yummy and easy to make. I"m printing it right now and hope to make it tomorrow!
  • Hmmm, this looked interesting... I think I'll tweak it a bit since I don't do the fat overdose a la Atkins, just lower carb for my maintenance plan. Besides if I make this recipe, I can eat Gluten Free pizza cheaper than buying it at the store and don't have to save pizza for my 1 carb meal a day.
    Gonna skip the heavy cream & cream cheese, just use a bit of almond milk, and skip the bacon and pepperoni and use hot capocollo ham instead.

Thanks for the starter recipe!
  • This recipe sounds really good. :-) Thx!