Fried green tomatoes or cumbers

• Here is a receipe I found on lowcarb friends for fried green tomatoes and/or cucumbers. I have not tried it yet but plan to before my poor tomatoes freeze on the vine.

Ingredients: green tomatoes or cucumbers (both are very good)

one or two eggs beaten (one for 1/2 cucumber/1 green tomato - 2 for whole cucumber/2 tomatoes)

parmesan cheese

real butter

salt and pepper to taste
    How To Prepare: Melt 2 tbsp of butter in frying pan on med. low as not to burn the butter. If using cucumbers, cut the skins off first and then slice 1/8 - 1/4'' thick (your preference), tomatoes use same thickness. Beat your eggs in one bowl and place another bowl next to it with about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese inside. Place veggies in egg one at a time, careful to cover both sides and then turn in the parmesan cheese coating evenly. Place in hot skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. It takes just a few minutes until they are ready to be turned, let them become a deep golden brown on both sides. That's it and they are scrumptious!!!
  • That sounds super good! I`ll have to try it!
  • Mmmm... that sounds delicious!! LOL I have a bunch of green tomatoes from my garden that never ripened that I need to do something with... thanks!
  • My mother in law told me that I could wrap my green tomatoes in newspaper each one or put some into a paper bag and they would ripe. I may do this as I love to make my own sauce.
  • Oooh, this sounds yummy. I'll have to try it! Thanks!