Low Country Pimento Cheese

• A loyal Rebel, I love pimento cheese, southern style:
    8 oz. sharp cheddar - grated (do it yourself - it's too dry if you buy it already shredded)
    1/4 - 1/2 c. Duke's Mayonnaise (sounds like too much, but it will be absorbed)
    1 large jar chopped pimentos - including juice
    dash red pepper flakes
    freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate in covered container. Enjoy with celery sticks, heat for 30 sec. in microwave and scoop it up with pork rinds, top a boring no-bun burger, stir it into mashed cooked cauliflower, scramble it into eggs, stuff an omelet. I could live off of it!

You know what I'm talking about, 3FChicks!
  • That sounds DEE LISH!!

Is Duke's a special mayo or will regular mayo do?
  • Duke's is the Mayonnaise of the South!
    Duke's mayonnaise is irreplacable in my recipes, but any good full-fat mayonnaise will be dee-lish too. Duke's mayonnaise is a product of the C.F. Sauer Co. out of Richmond, Va., and is hard to find in some areas - even the grocery stores in New Orleans don't have it. One of my daughters stocks up when she come home!

www.dukesmayo.com

Hope you enjoy your pimento cheese...you'll become famous for it if you share it with family and friends.
  • Note on Low Country Pimento Cheese...
    Your pimento cheese will be better after it sits for a while. Before you plan to use it, set it out to soften so it will spread and dip nicely. You can put in and out of the frig a zillion times; you can drag it around to a picnic or on roadtrips with no problem. It keeps in the refrigerator for a week...maybe more, but I always eat it.

People who say, "I hate pimento cheese," either don't like cheese at all or have only had nasty grocery store, deli, or some other imposter. They will become converts. Make it and they will come.
  • This sounds very good and i can't wait to try it.
    thank you.
  • this sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipie