3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Miscellaneous - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-phase-1-133/)
-   -   Superbowl Party Ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-phase-1/74695-superbowl-party-ideas.html)

rotten_banana 01-30-2006 04:06 PM

Superbowl Party Ideas?

Hi all :wave:

I'm hosting a Superbowl party on Sunday and need some ideas for food that would be good for my self and my mom (both SBDers) and the rest of the family.

My husband is making buffalo chicken for the family (I'll be abstaining), but I thought I would serve cheese fondue with lots of veggies as something that would be okay for my mom and me.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

TIA!

sharonjr 01-30-2006 04:07 PM

bean chili, turkey pepperoni, pistachios in their shells, yummm.....

soon2Bfab 01-30-2006 04:43 PM

Veggies with hummus?
Laughing cow cheese spread on cucumber slices

batmomm2000 01-30-2006 07:03 PM

you can have buffalo GRILLED chicken, turkey kielbasa, shish kebabs

Schatzi 01-30-2006 07:14 PM

egg salad stuffed celery..oh so yummy.
and Deviled Eggs.
Roast up a batch of chickpeas and dose them with some Cajun spice fer a kick!! put them in a bowl..mix some nuts in if ya want.

Take some of that chicken and slice it up: --serve with some LF Ranch dip..
Check out Weezles LF cow "cream" sauce for a cheese fondue.. FAB-U-LOUS
Check out the Chilli recipes.. Most folks love a great chili and won't even know it's healthy. And peruse the Holiday and snack recipes... !!!
I'm doing a superbowl party too... and I'll be dammed if I can't eat if I'm the one slaving in the kitchen!

H-ko 01-30-2006 08:23 PM

Eggplant (or other veggie) lasagne, taco bake, soup, crunchy veggies with lf Ranch or hummus or guacamole, chopped salad, spanokopita (if you are phase 2), or stuffed cherry tomatoes, celery, endive, mushrooms, and/or peppers.

weezle 01-30-2006 09:19 PM

Olive Cheese Ball

Serves - 8
Points - 2 (for WW dieters)

Ingredients:
8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup green olives, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1 Tablespoon Tabasco sauce
3/4 cup parsley, chopped

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese with both types of
olives, minced onion, and Tabasco; mix thoroughly. Set cheese mixture in
refrigerator for about 15 minutes to harden slightly for easier handling.
Shape cheese mixture into a ball. Roll in chopped parsley to coat well.
Return to refrigerator; chill 15 to 20 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve with fresh veggies.

Nutrition Information:
80 Cal., 6 g fat, 1 g fiber

weezle 01-30-2006 09:20 PM

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapenos

Serves - 12
Points - 2 (for WW dieters)

Ingredients:
24 jalapenos
10 ounces canned chicken breast, drained well and finely flaked
6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cup fat free blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (low sugar?)
1/2 cup lowfat cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Split each jalapeno and remove seeds. Be sure to wear gloves or wash hands thoroughly when finished.

Beat together the cream cheese, hot sauce and dressing. Add the chicken and cheese and mix well. Spoon mixture into peppers.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill over indirect heat or bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Nutrition Information:
97 Cal., 5 g fat, 1 g fiber

weezle 01-30-2006 09:22 PM

Three Cheese Stuffed Celery

Serves - 15 (2 each)
Points - 1 (for WW dieters)

Ingredients:
8 oz. nonfat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup nonfat cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika
10 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 30 pieces

Directions:
Place cream cheese, blue cheese, cheddar cheese and paprika in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat at med. speed until well blended.
Fill celery stalks with cheese mixture.

Nutrition Information:
44 Cal., 1 g fat, 1 g fiber

weezle 01-30-2006 09:23 PM

Jalapeno Shrimp

Serves - 7 (2 shrimp each)

1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 lb. med. raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 14)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 Tbsp. water

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute.
Add shrimp, black pepper and water. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn a vivid pink. Remove from heat and serve with wooden party picks.

weezle 01-30-2006 09:25 PM

Sesame Pita Chips

Serves - 6 (8 chips each)

3 * pita breads
cooking spray
sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Split 3 pita breads to make 6 large rounds. Cut each round into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake on the top rack of the oven for 7 minutes or until crisp.

70 Cal., 2 g fat, 1 g fiber

Mod note: Phase 2: Go for whole grain, Whole Wheat type Pitas That state 3 sugars or less per serving.

weezle 01-30-2006 09:30 PM

Hope those help! They're all Weight Watcher recipes, but I think they'll be ok for SBD. I'm making the Olive Cheese Ball for the Super Bowl. It's quite tasty!

batmomm2000 01-30-2006 09:54 PM

wow Weezle-yum! dh and I are sitting here right now eating the jalepeno poppers from the recipe board which are quite good but now I'm think DAMN I wish there was buffalo chicken stuffed in here!!

weezle 01-30-2006 10:04 PM

I have really gotten into experimenting with different recipes. I like having variety otherwise I get bored with whatever "diet" I'm on. The reason I love Weight Watchers is that it's the one I can stick to because I can have variety, and I can have whatever I want to eat, just in moderation. I'm a vegetarian due to health reasons, so SBD is REALLY hard for me to keep up with. (Plus, I like beer.) If it's a lifestyle change, then SBD is impossible for me because I get bored. But, you see that I have taken a lot from SBD and a lot of the recipes I make for myself and for DH could be SBD.

I hope these recipes work out for you all!

Schatzi 01-30-2006 11:16 PM

Weezie ya little Wolfgang Puck! These look SB Phase 1 or 2 friendly..I copied all but the pita bread one over to the SB Phase 1 misc file ...fer future Parties !