Phase 1 Strawberry Jam with pictures

• I was playing with some ideas this morning and came up with this recipe. I tried it on my ricotta muffins and it was wonderful! You could also put it in your plain yogurt, ricotta desserts or spread it on your mock pancakes/waffles! My mom used to make this jam and it always tasted like the real thing so I changed it a bit and it tastes a lot like her recipe, minus the tons sugar, of course. I make it in one cup batches so it stays fresh.

1 cup finely diced firm red tomato
    Hot water
    1 teaspoon sugar free strawberry jello
    2 packets splenda

put diced tomatoes in small sauce pot and cover with the hot water and then drain in a mesh strainer until most of the water is gone. (this removes most of the tomato flavor as well as the tomato juice) Put back into sauce pot. Add the SF Jello and Splenda and bring to a boil. Boil until tomatoes are very soft. Throughout the cooking, I used a potato masher to mash the tomatoes a bit better. I didnt cook it very long...just a few minutes until the tomatoes were soft enough. Put in fridge. It sets up just like real jam and has a nice spreadable consistency.

Edit: you could probaby use any flavor of SF jello...if I can find grape, then i'll be in heaven!

• The pics look great I will def. try this. Thanks
  • You are a genius
  • Made this over the weekend. I was worried that I wasn't doing it correctly but it came out fantastic. Had it with my cottage cheese for breakfast. Yummy!